Monday, November 21, 2016

November Tea/Garden Journal

November Tea/Garden Journal: The Charm of Home
It is time for my monthly feature the tea/garden visual journal.  Surprisingly there is still something blooming in the garden.  I went outside yesterday and found a pansy.   The fall leaves are just about all gone but this is very unusual year. We have just peaked in color and had our first frost this week and that is about a month late for where I live.  

November Tea/Garden Journal: The Charm of Home
We are now getting into the 20's at night and the smell of wood smoke from different home's fireplaces has filled the crisp night air.  I had some beautiful sage still in the garden, rosemary, and rose hips.  I will save the herbs for thanksgiving dinner.  I had a gorgeous ornamental cabbage on the front porch this fall and I chopped it off yesterday for this picture and I am saving it in a bowl of water to create a thanksgiving centerpiece. 

November Tea/Garden Journal: The Charm of Home
I used this cup last year when these maple leaves were so pretty.  I love the fall colors in it.  The teacup is by Grace's Teaware.

November Tea/Garden Journal: The Charm of Home

November Tea/Garden Journal: The Charm of Home
I saved a little pumpkin too, I should make a pie with it this week.  The illustration is by Tasha Tudor out of one of my favorite books she published, A Time to Keep.  The page reads, "No fruits, no flowers, no leaves, no birds, November!" quote by Thomas Hood.
In November how does your garden grow or sleep?

Everyone have a wonderful Thanksgiving this week here in the states.  I will not have the Home Sweet Home party this week due to Thanksgiving, but, I will be back next Thursday December 1st with a Christmas tea!
Sherry

I will link this to:

Home & Garden Thursdayat A Delightsome Life
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups 
The Art of Home-Making Mondays at Strangers & Pilgrims
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Vintage Charm at Charm Bracelet Diva
The Homemaking Party at Classical Homemaking
Thoughts of Home at Decor to Adore
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Friday
Share Your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cupof Mrs. Olsen
What To Do Weekends at Shoestring Elegance
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
The Scoop at Stonegable

11 comments:

Denise said...

Hi Sherry,

This is a charming post! Your photos and vignettes are always just lovely. The Tasha Tudor book looks like something I would like. :)

We still have some pretty colors left on our trees in North Carolina, but it's terribly dry here. I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Hugs,

Denise at Forest Manor

quakerhillfarm said...

Wonderful photos. The little pansy is so sweet and very resilient! Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Our Hopeful Home said...

Beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving, friend! xo Kathleen Charm Bracelet Diva {At Home}

Margie said...

Another beautiful post, Sherry. Your monthly tea/garden journal entries would make a wonderful calendar. Happy Thanksgiving!

Mimi said...

Sherry, gorgeous as ever. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, my lovely. Mimi xxx

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your Autumn tea is lovely, Sherry! The colours are perfect. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Blessings,
Sandi

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Hello Sherry,

Just stopping by to say hello. I hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving. Things a re picking up around here preparing for the holiday season ahead. Too much to do with such little time.

Your autumn tea is beautiful. I find it very relaxing and heart warming.

Fondly,

Janet
rosemary-thyme.blogspot.com

handmade by amalia said...

So lovely. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving day.
Amalia
xo

CIELO said...

Pretty...

Cielo

Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson said...

Beautiful tea cup! Fun that you found a pansy still blooming. We had spring like weather a week and a half ago, but now we are buried in snow. How quickly it can change. :) Thanks for sharing with SYC.
hugs,
Jann

Mom Das said...

Lovely collection! I always admire your photography!