Monday, December 7, 2015

Rosemary

Rosemary Crafts: The Charm of Home
Hello!  I am so underwhelmed with the headlines today that I turned to my rosemary plant for comfort.

Rosemary Crafts: The Charm of Home
I brought my rosemary in from the garden at the end of summer and it was a wild looking plant. So, I gave it a trim for Christmas and shaped it up like a Christmas tree.  It was really spread out so, I gathered it up and tied it in the middle with a green thread and it came together nicely.   

Rosemary Crafts: The Charm of Home
With the trimmed pieces, I wired together a rosemary wreath for the kitchen.  Rosemary smells amazing and it a nice addition to the kitchen for Christmas.  I took two stems about 4-inches each and wired them at intervals around an embroidery hoop with a 22 gauge floral craft wire.   

Rosemary Crafts: The Charm of Home
Here is the finished wreath.

Rosemary Crafts: The Charm of Home
I bought a great cookbook for a relative for Christmas and before I wrapped it, what did I do with it?  I cooked a recipe from it!  I will share that tomorrow.  The recipe I made was cream cheese cookies.  Don't they sound good?

Rosemary Crafts: The Charm of Home
My teacup is by Gracie Teaware.  

Rosemary Crafts: The Charm of Home
It is such a pretty pattern.  Crafting and cooking may be the only way I get through this holiday season.  How are you doing?

Sherry

I will link this to:
  
There Is No Place Like Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups 
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House 
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Your Going to Love it Tuesday At Kathe with an E
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict
Totally Terrific Tuesday at Live Randomly Simple
Project Inspire at An Extraordinary Day
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of the Home
What to Do Weekends at Shoestring Elegance
Idea Box Thursday at Mila's Little Things
Five Star Frugal at A Tray of Bliss

11 comments:

Linda Walker said...

I love rosemary but I have no luck keeping it alive inside! What am I doing wrong? It all dries up and turns brown. My lavender is doing the same thing! Yours looks so healthy......and green. The little wreath is sweet!
Linda
mysewwhatblog

Barbara Lilian said...

How nice that you have made a small wreath from the trimmed pieces of your Rosemary herb plant. It looks so pretty. I love the smell of herbs in the kitchen.

handmade by amalia said...

Such a pretty wreath, I love the scent of rosemary.
Amalia
xo

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

Love, love!

Charm Bracelet Diva {at Home} said...

This wreath is fabulous! I love Rosemary topiaries. Well, I love just about any kind of topiary! I've had quite a few over the years but they all eventually bite the dust. I find it somehow comforting to have them on the kitchen counter:) Know what you mean about the news....perhaps you could even put an ornament or two on your "tree"? xoKathleen

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your little wreath is sweet, Sherry! I don't have a garden but I always find it interesting hearing about what has been growing in yours. Pretty teacup! Thank you for sharing and have a lovely day.

Christmas blessings,
Sandi

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

I also love rosemary and have one in my garden. I love the aroma it has and the wreath you made is so pretty.

Bernideen said...

I know that smells wonderful! It's very sweet! Rosemary for Remembrance.

Marilyn Miller said...

I love your rosemary wreath. What a beautiful teacup too.

Margie said...

I am intrigued by your cream cheese cookies! I'm also a fan of your lovely Gracie China teacup.

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Such a pretty post! I love rosemary but for some reason or the other they don't make it once I bring them indoors for the winter. The leaves start drying up and shedding :( Do you have any tips to share how to keep them thriving? Yours look wonderful and I love the elegant wreath you made with rosemary :) Love the pretty pattern of the teacup and the cream cheese cookies sounds absolutely delish! Hugs, Poppy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails