Monday, December 14, 2015

Christmas Past & Having Some Fun

Christmas: The Charm of Home
I hope your having a great week.  I am sharing this week some Christmas past so I can have a little more fun instead of taking photos and editing this week.

We are so excited Star Wars is coming out at the end of this week.  I have been preparing my young Padawans in the ways of the force so they will be fully ready to experience this.  Yet another generation to be immersed in the Star Wars phenomenon.  (Notice the tree (far left) is barricaded behind a row of furniture to keep it from the children.)

I have been grabbing my camera for fun pictures instead of staged ones.  This is my nephew after seeing Kevin McCallister's face while I was playing the Home Alone soundtrack on YouTube this week.

Christmas: The Charm of Home
So, I am having tea but it isn't nearly this pretty, it's a little more on the run.

Christmas: The Charm of Home
A look from my buffet from a few years ago.  It is really similar to how I have it this year.

I have my camera out but, I am just not feeling a staged Christmas this year.  I having fun with some more spontaneous shots, like this one of my niece copying her little brother.  
Hope your having a nice week.  May the force be with you, Christmas joy be with you. 
Sherry

I will link this to:
  
There Is No Place Like Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups 
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House 
The Not Just Homemaking Party at Hope in Every Season

9 comments:

Bernideen said...

I'm all for fun and for relaxing this season! Great photos. You can change the name of my blog party to: BTTCG Blog Party!

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Having been one who's been staging shoots and decorating and making everything perfect? I can so relate to spontaneous. Maybe next year. Enjoy, that's what it should be about, but I must of forgot!

martinealison said...

Bonjour chère amie,

J'adore la frimousse de ces adorables enfants...

Joli billet... Je vous souhaite de très joyeuses fêtes.

Gros bisous ♡

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Sherry, you have the right idea, just taking it easy and enjoying those little moments with your family. Your niece and nephew are so cute! Thanks for sharing, and your tea image is lovely!

Merry Christmas,
Sandi

Parsimonious Perfection said...

What little dolls! They are so cute. My boys are chomping at the bit as well for the new Star Wars movie! I love your first picture too, so pretty with the soft lighting!

Susan Freeman said...

Having fun with kids is the best thing to do! Enjoy!!

Big Texas Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Margie said...

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!! The Home Alone face is definitely a Christmas classic! Enjoy the new Star Wars movie!

Terri said...

What wonderful sentiment! Your images are lovely of Christmases pasts. Your spontaneous photos are wonderful of the children!
Happy holidays!

Poppy @ With a Dash of Color said...

Your niece and nephew are soooo adorable! I love watching Home Alone and your nephew and niece did such a wonderful job of copying Kevin McCallister's face, love that scene in the movie :) Beautiful and ethereal setting of your buffet table....love it! Have yourself a Merry Christmas and a wonderful holiday season~ hugs, Poppy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails