Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Christmas Cheer

Christmas Cheer: The Charm of Home
It is time to send out the Christmas cards.  Do you do that anymore?  I don't send them to as many people as I used to.  

Christmas Cheer: The Charm of Home
Probably most people getting a card from me will expect a mess when they open it because I love the glitter ones.  I LUV glitter!  I can't get enough of it. If it is all over me I don't care. So, that extends to my Christmas greetings.  That is just how I spread my Christmas cheer. 

Christmas Cheer: The Charm of Home
My teacup today is actually coffee.  The cup reminds me of the French café au lait cups but, I never do dairy so my coffee is strong and black.  The cup is made by American Atelier the pattern is Athena.


I will link this to:
There Is No Place Like Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups 
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House 
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Your Going to Love it Tuesday At Kathe with an E
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict
Totally Terrific Tuesday at Live Randomly Simple
Project Inspire at An Extraordinary Day
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of the Home
What to Do Weekends at Shoestring Elegance
Idea Box Thursday at Mila's Little Things
Five Star Frugal at A Tray of Bliss


Margie said...

I still write Christmas cards too! The more glitter, the better!

Rosemary and Thyme said...

Hello Sherry,

I love that pretty Christmas card. Especially since I love snowmen. I do not send that many Christmas cards anymore either. And the ones received are very few. I guess that tradition is getting lost too.

Have a great week,


Deb said...

Yes, I still love the Christmas card and did mine up today. I love it. To me, it is the start of the season. Love your photos. Deb

Ruth W said...

I only send a few out now...most send email greetings or none at all, but always to the relatives in England and far away friends. It is so lovely to receive one! Love your quilt on the table. Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!

CraveCute said...

Yes, I still send cards too, but as you said, not as many as I used to. And this is the season of glitter, it is even on the cats! lol! Beautiful post as usual Sherry!

Bernideen said...

I just restarted sending cards last year. I am enjoying some of the "more simple things" again. In retirement I don't ever want to live in the fast lane again. Thanks for sharing this darling post and that wonderful card. Is it a Legacy? Main Street Press?

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

I'm with you, Sherry, I love glitter too. I often get it on some part of my face and I don't know it until Hubby tells me. I have this blouse with glitter all over it and he refuses to let me wear it in the car. Apparently whenever I wear it, he claims he's vaccuming for months to get it out. (:
Cards with glitter, I always look for those to send people if I can find them. I will be getting my cards ready sometime this week. The snowman card is adorable! Thanks for sharing and enjoy every moment of this lovely season, dear friend!


Denise said...

What beautiful Christmas cards, Sherry!! I love glitter too. :) Yes, we do still send Christmas cards, though as you said, we don't send (or receive) as many as we used to. I look forward to starting mine, and my decorating, soon. Hal and I were both sick over Thanksgiving, and I'm still recovering.

Your teacup and saucer are so pretty, and I love the color of your quilted placemat. Have a great week!


Denise at Forest Manor

Lynn Bean said...

I am hoping this is the year to start in again! I love to receive them and when working rarely sent them out! So now I feel like it is my turn to reciprocate. Thanks for jogging my thoughts to just get it done!

Bernideen said...

You asked about the dolls. The one on the pink buffet was one of those Sweet Nell dolls and I added the wings and embellishments. The one in the red dress I added the white beaded floral stuff like for wings and embellished it too.

Blondie's Journal said...

I do send out cards! It wouldn't be the holidays if I skipped it. I love the glitter, too, although I'm sure my family and friends don't like having to haul out the vacuum! lol!

Jane x

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Hi Sherry - I worked on my Christmas cards today - with my arthritis I have to do it in stages. I send out many, but not nearly as many as I used to - due to the cost of sending, and because I do so many egreetings cards now too.

I like your coffee cup and saucer - it's really pretty.

Have a wonderful Advent season!

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

I miss sending out christmas cards. I remember when Hubby and I first got married. My list was about 30 people every christmas. Over the years is has gotten done to about 4 people. Most said they cost too much to send or sadly we lost dear friends.

I still enjoy seeing the cards come in that we do get.

Terri said...

Hello Sherry,
Yes, I still so cards too. I try to make as many as I can. I love glitter as well! lol. Each year I say I will not use glitter, but I always do : )
Thank you for stopping by my blog for a visit!

Carrie B. said...

So pretty Sherry! Love that glittery card. And just the cozy feel of the whole moment - especially with that quilted placemat. Blessings. xoxo

Pat Cantwell said...

I adore your cup of coffee, dear one!!!
The pastel place mat against the Traditional Red,
white and green Christmas Card is elegantly styled!!!
Yes! I do send out Christmas Cards and still do an Annual Christmas Letter!!!
Thank you for sharing!!!

Charm Bracelet Diva {at Home} said...

I'm a glitter fiend, too lol! My kids are constantly saying to me, "Mom, you have glitter on your face. Again." Especially around this time of year! And I'm ok with that...I don't send anywhere near as many cards as I once did. But I do like to update close friends and family with what's been going on since it's so rare we get together to catch up. Love the cup! White's always a favorite! xoKathleen

Lisa Odom said...

Every year I say I am not doing Christmas cards, but end up feeling guilty and sending them.

Just found your blog - I'll visit often!

handmade by amalia said...

That beautiful teal colored quilt in the background looks very French and coffee appropriate. Lovely photo.

Suzan Sweatman said...

I LOVE glitter too - I especially love decorating Christmas cupcakes with edible glitter !
Wish I liked coffee - it looks perfect in your photo!

Linda said...

Hi Sherry,
I'm a sparkles girl, too! I once wore a glittery top to a favourite restaurant during the holidays. When we returned some weeks after, our favourite waitress told me that I'd left a trail all the way from our table to the restroom! lol A few sparkles never hurt anybody! haha LOVE all your photos...
Linda at Beautiful Ideas


Related Posts with Thumbnails