Monday, August 31, 2015

Bohemian Tea

Bohemian Tea; The Charm of Home
Blessed are the gypsies, 
the makers of music, 
the artists, the writers,
dreamers of dreams, 
wanderers, and vagabonds, 
children and misfits, 
for they teach us to see 
the world through beautiful eyes.
~Tumbler

Bohemian Tea; The Charm of Home

What is Bohemian?  It is everywhere in fashion right now.  I have been smitten with it, but that wasn't hard to like because it was my Mother's closet when I grew up.  My Mom and Dad were teenage parents and I was around 6 when Mom and Dad went back to college and I went with them, often to night classes.  I was an only child and I interacted with adults without boredom.  I was part of the 70's college scene so, I absorbed by osmosis the gypsy/bohemian vibe.  It was a freedom loving time that was as filled with as much angst as any teenager drama would be, but it had some virtues that could be appreciated.  The main virtues I remember were art, love, music, and freedom.  I can't argue that these are the stuff of life.  So for some reason; as all things do, they have come back on the scene full circle now.  What does that mean?  I am waiting to find out.  Are we going to be free finally, to create, to love, and to make music to our own liking?  Meanwhile, I am embracing my inner hippie for some tea this fall because I could use a visit back to a freer time.  A time of daisy chains in my hair, and ripped up jeans, with comfy leather sandals. To define the Bohemian style whether your talking fashion or decor the elements of style are often the same.  There is lace, macrame, ethnic prints, spiritual and religious symbolism, beads, candles, color, diversity, acceptance, and the mood altering substance of choice..mine substance is tea. This lace table runner is by Heritage Lace and the pattern is Floret .
   
Bohemian Tea; The Charm of Home
My beads were from a new shop in town.  I loved the tassel on them.
Bohemian Tea; The Charm of Home
My top was a thrift store find.  A Japanese inspired print out of a silky texture.  

Bohemian Tea; The Charm of Home
My teapot and cup in one was a birthday present also; a Japanese design, the maker is Yokohama Studio.  Thanks Becky! (she picked that out) 

Bohemian Tea; The Charm of Home
Embracing my inner gypsy from childhood with a little cup of tea.

Thank you very much to Heritage Lace for sponsoring today's tea.  The products described were provided to The Charm of Home for this post.  The written description was entirely my own.


Sherry

I will link this to:
  
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups 
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Your Going to Love it Tuesday At Kathe with an E
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict
Totally Terrific Tuesday at Live Randomly Simple
Project Inspire at An Extraordinary Day
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House 
Share your Style Thursday at Common Ground
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of the Home
What to Do Weekends at Shoestring Elegance
Idea Box Thursday at Mila's Little Things
Five Star Frugal at A Tray of Bliss

14 comments:

Mimi Mama said...

Sherry, what a gorgeous, gorgeous post. I too am a child of that era, and Bohemian style just calls to me. Your little teapot is so unique and pretty...lucky you to be gifted something so special. I have a new linkup called Five Star Frugal where we share ways of living elegantly for less. I think Bohemian tea parties fit the bill, don't you? Will you share this post with us there? Love, Mimi xxx
http://atrayofbliss.blogspot.com.au/2015/08/five-star-frugal-16with-pearls-and-candy.html

Sarah said...

Delightful post, Sherry. I was in college in the late 60s, so I know the scene. '-)
Love the quotes!

sarah said...

lovely :-)

Joyce - Quilted Nest said...

What fun! I think this is a first for me - seeing a bohemian tea scape. Enjoyed it - thank you.

Betty from My Irish Cottage Home said...

Love, Love, Love, this post. I have embraced Boho too. In a few weeks I will show you what I did to our bedroom and it is boho. Love the tea for one and the bracelet is so pretty. I am a bracelet girl, can never have too many of them.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a fun tea post, Sherry. I love the lace table runner and it is a very cute tea set. My hubby and I have always agreed that growing up in the sixties and seventies was the best. We had the best music, the best styles, etc. And at one time we both worked in the clothing industry so it was a blast! Enjoyed the quotes too. Thanks for sharing with us.

Blessings,
Sandi

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

Sherry your new teapot/set is sooo sweet. I love it paired with the lace. Boho is such a fun style. Now if I can just "relax" a bit to embrace it a little more. ;)

Have a beautiful and blessed week, my friend!

Cozy Little House said...

This was such a fun post to read!
Brenda

Tea in Texas said...

Sweet tea pot, we all need to learn about various types of tea. Great job.
Come visit my blog.
Pam

Tea in Texas said...

You have set a vignette perfect for Bohemian style. The jewelry is so pretty and will be fun to wear. Your teapot and cup is a great and I love the texture.
Please, come take a peek of my Lemon Zest post this week!
Have a good week!

Pam

Margie said...

So pretty! I was born 2 decades after the hippie period but have always liked the bohemian fashion!

handmade by amalia said...

A great post, and such a lovely tea pot and cup.
Amalia
xo

Ruth W said...

Bohemian is certainly flavor-of-the-month and your tea captures it beautifully! Love the lace, your tea-for-one and everything! Very fun! Thanks so much for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Ela said...

How beautiful !!
Lovely post !

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails