Saturday, July 11, 2015

Mad Tea '15

Mad Tea Party '15:The Charm of Home
It's Mad Tea Party time!! My most favorite time of the year! Come share a moment with me in my backyard for this little adventure into Wonderland.

Mad Tea Party '15:The Charm of Home
I hung up the Chinese lanterns to set a magical mood.

Mad Tea Party '15:The Charm of Home
The tea party table awaits you with a summery treat.

Mad Tea Party '15:The Charm of Home
Mad Tea Party '15:The Charm of Home
We are serving today a slice of watermelon and a cookie.  It is a simple menu so we can enjoy the tea and the scenery.

Mad Tea Party '15:The Charm of Home
The tea mug is from Heritage Lace the pattern is Miss Blackbirdy.  This is a large mug 9.5 ounces, sure to hold enough tea to quench your thirst.  I thought the black and white theme of this porcelain mug was perfect for a Mad Tea party.  

Mad Tea Party '15:The Charm of Home
Alice has dropped her gloves, grabbed her tea, and started socializing.

Mad Tea Party '15:The Charm of Home
Mad Tea Party '15:The Charm of Home
The White Rabbit catches her eye and she wanders off...

Mad Tea Party '15:The Charm of Home
Things start to become curiouser and curiouser....

Mad Tea Party '15:The Charm of Home
The Mad Hatter has his own ideas about tea.  I just loved this Tim Burton version of Alice in Wonderland with Johnny Depp.

Mad Tea Party '15:The Charm of Home
The star of the party is really this magnificent lace tablecloth from Heritage Lace.  The pattern of this tablecloth is called Heirloom.  It measures 70" x 90" and is just perfect for a special tea table.  It is machine washable so care is a breeze.

Mad Tea Party '15:The Charm of Home
The garden is really beautiful this time of year, we have had a lot of rain here.  Thank you for coming to tea here in my make believe Wonderland!  I so enjoyed your visit.

Mad Tea Party '15:The Charm of Home
I will join Vanessa for her annual Mad Tea Party.  Go and visit all of the other guests, it is sure to be a magical time!

Thank you very much to Heritage Lace for sponsoring today's tea.  The products described were provided to The Charm of Home for this post.  The written description was entirely my own.


I will link this to:
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups 
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Your Going to Love it Tuesday At Kathe with an E
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict
Totally Terrific Tuesday at Live Randomly Simple
Project Inspire at An Extraordinary Day
Do Tell Tuesday at Maybe She Made It
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Share your Style Thursday at Common Ground
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of the Home
What to Do Weekends at Shoestring Elegance
Idea Box Thursday at Mila's Little Things


Art @ Home said...

Hello, Sherry! Everything about your tea party is stunningly gorgeous. I really like the Japanese lanterns...they set a whimsical tone. Love the black Alice teapot with cup on cute. Happy unbirthday to you!

Linking from A Fanciful Twist,
Happy Mad Tea Party!
Ricki Jill

Designing Fairy said...

Love the chinese lanterns! Very nice party.

From the party over here:

Magaly Guerrero said...

I am completely in love with your tea mugs: that black and white pattern is delicious!

Thanks for having me at your Mad Tea Party! ♥

Jemma@athomewithjemma said...

It would be my pleasure to join you today! I am in love with your Tea Pot, and all of the perfect details of this most fashionable party. Oh and these Chinese it all!

Carmen said...

Thank you for the lovely tea party. I love the lanterns and black tea set - so chic! :-)

Please come to my party:


Marilyn Miller said...

A very pretty tea party. Love the lanterns too!

La Table De Nana said...

So adorable:) Your little lanterns..the tea pot and cup♥

aspiritofsimplicity said...

oh my dear that is a beautiful tablecloth. Happy mad tea.

Kaye Swain said...

What a lovely visit for the Mad Tea Party 2015. I especially loved your Japanese lights and that adorable teapot. Have a great week!


Sherry's Cabin said...

Oh, what a beautiful tea garden! I am so glad I stopped in for tea. I LOVE those mugs!!! And the Alice tea pot!!! Beautiful pictures. Thank you for stopping in for tea at my party, too!
God bless and Happy Unbirthday to you,
Sherry - Sherry's Cabin

Mary said...

Be Still My Heat...what a beautiful tablecloth Sherry! I love your teapot and loved Tim Burton's Alice version too. ♥

dawaioser said...

What an adorable setting. I am feeling in such a party mood now. Also, your teapot is just lovely. <3

When you get a chance stop by my party. It's a little DARK, but that's the way I like things...spooky and fun. There's love and friendship there most of all.

Sarah said...

Sherry, love the idea of the lanterns. I must add some to our terrace. Just not sure how to.
Your tea table is very elegant with that Heritage cloth. Loving the Wonderland teapot and cup. I've not seen that one. Thanks for having us to tea. It was a delight. Having so much fun visiting the Mad Tea Parties today while I sip my own cup of English Caramel in the AC of our sun porch. ;-)

Joanna DeVoe said...

How gorgeous... So grownup & elegant, but still absolutely fun! Fab tea party indeed... CHEERS -xo

therereaderskitchen said...

This is a lovely idea! I'll be sure to try this next year.

Cindy Coghill said...

So pretty and charming. Looks like a perfect setting for an afternoon tea with Alice and friends.

L J Dogsmom said...

Merry UnBiRthDaY to you! Gorgeous table. I am in awe of your ability to photograph the flame of a candle so well. I adore the green velvet and peacock feather hat!
Beautiful Mad Tea post.

Gina @ VictorianWannaBe said...

Hi Sherry,
I have been enjoying seeing all of the Alice in Wonderland tea parties, so cute! And yours is too, love that teapot and the pocket watch. Just perfect for the occasion. I'm off to check out the other posts at Vanessa's.
Thanks for sharing,

Calamitous Botanicus said...

Such a pretty tea party in a lovely garden. It's hard to believe that beautiful tablecloth is machine washable, I'm off to hunt one down. Thanks for the tea and inspiration! Cheers, Sarah said...

Absolutely gorgeous, so beautiful, exquisite photos and tablescape. Your treasures, the hat, the tea pot, oh my!! Thank you for sharing <3 Happiest mad tea party wishes <3, Vanessa

Marcia Pilar said...

Love every detail, especially the purse and your gorgeous tablecloth. Beautiful.
Happy unbirthday.

Sarah Coller said...

I love your beautiful tablecloth and tea set! Thanks for a fun party!

Anne said...

Fabulous!! I thoroughly enjoyed my visit, your party was delightful!
Thank you for being a most gracious hostess, my Dear!

Christina Paul said...

Just perfection- so many magical details in a lovely setting
Your Alice teapot and top hat are fabulous and love the glow of the lanterns:)

Margie said...

How delightful! I especially enjoyed the Chinese lanterns and Alice teapot!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Love your garden setting, Sherry! The mugs and teapot are just wonderful and your lace tablecloth is really pretty. Thank you for sharing with us at Tea Time and have a magical week.


Ruth W said...

Fabulous! I love your lantern lights, and the purse, and china, and your garden, get the idea. Just...well, wonderful! So imaginative and so well done. Did I mention I love the teapot, and the...

Lynda Shoup said...

This setting is spectacular! Your table is lovely. I enjoyed your descriptions of the items as well. I am amazed at the number of beautiful Mad Hatter's Hats I am seeing. Yours is striking. Love the color.

Thanks for hosting such a lovely party. I may have to come back and look again!

The kettle is still on at my party if you'd like to have a peek:

Monika Bourderioux HAND MADe CREATIONS said...

Hello Sherry! Just perfect! Love your photos, hat, atmosphere.... Thanks for your invitation and visiting our party too:



Have a Daily said...

Hi Sherry, I noticed that gorgeous tablecloth right off the bat. Your mug is perfect and I love your hat and pocket watch! What a beautiful day for a Mad Tea!

Melissa Wiges said...

So many fun, pretty things to look at! I especially love the Mad Hatter's hat, the Chinese lanterns, and those wonderful mugs- truly a tea party worthy of Alice and all the other Wonderland creatures. Have a great weekend.

Melissa French - The More With Less Mom said...

Those cups are just beautiful. Thanks for posting. Hello from Idea Box Thursday.


Related Posts with Thumbnails