Tuesday, February 17, 2015

My Role as Dr. Mom

My Role as Dr. Mom: The Charm of Home
As a Mom I have endured many aches, pains, and illnesses with my three boys.  Wether you like it or not you end up becoming Dr. Mom.  

Chicken Noodle Soup: The Charm of Home
My oldest son was so sick last week.   He couldn't eat for most of the week and what he finally could keep down was my homemade chicken noodle soup.  Here is the recipe.

doTerra Essential Oils: The Charm of Home
Something else that helped my son was the Digestzen digestive blend essential oil from doTerra.  I used the oil on his stomach and chest and with that and some Adagio peppermint tea he was finally able to eat some soup.   I have just discovered these oils from my niece who is a chiropractor.  She has started using these oils in her practice. I first tried the Breath blend when I had bronchitis this winter and it opened up my airway fantasticly.  I was most impressed.  I can't take a lot of medicines due to my allergies, so instead of using Sudafed as a decongestant I was able to apply this oil to my chest every 2 hours and have my airway clear so I could breathe!  It was such an improvement over the suffering I have done with upper respiratory colds in the past few years since I have developed all of these allergies. 

doTerra Essential Oils: The Charm of Home
I ordered the Family Physician Kit from doTerra and I have used all of these oils already.  I find myself having a reason to use them every week.  I am starting to turn to them regularly instead of over the counter drugs or calling the doctor.  It is such a smart way to take care of the minor problems and stay in optimum health.  I have used the lavender for burns. When applied to the burn topically it immediately stops the sting.  I couldn't believe how great it worked.  The melaleuca (tea tree oil) helped with a skin infection.  The frankincense used topically can treat infection or lesions.  I used the Deep Blue blend for deep muscle aches on my youngest son and myself. Do you know how you workout and use muscles that haven't been used in a while and when you try to go to sleep you really notice the ache?  I applied the Deep Blue blend diluted with some oil (you can use whatever oil you have around the house, like olive oil) and the blend soothes the ache and he and I both went right to sleep pain free. I already described how good the results were with the Breathe blend.  So the list goes on and on in ways you can use the doTerra essential oils for general health and wellness.  I am still trying new oils out and have ordered other products also; like the toothpaste is great.  It is fluoride free which I really liked, because I am working at trying to get more chemicals out of the family's environment everyday.  I really can't say enough good things about doTerra essential oils I am so happy to have discovered them.  I speak of doTerra oils exclusively because they are CPTG, which stands for Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade. That means they have the oils tested by an outside company source to make sure they meet the standards of quality they are striving for.  It looks like we are dawning on a new age of family medicine and I say bring it on.  It feels much healthier than the way we have been treating our bodies. 
Sherry
I will link this to:

Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm
Homemaking Linkup at Hope In Every Season 
The Best Blog Recipes link party 
Tickle My Taste Buds Tuesdays at Lori's Culinary Creations
Fridays Unfolded at Nancherrow
Weekend Retreat Linky Party at AKA Design and Life
Foodie Friends Friday at Walking on Sunshine       

5 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

oh so sorry for the sickness..been there / done that raising my three boys

as to the oils one of my grands moms uses this sort of thing routinely for her children and it is so interesting / often works / wished I'd have known more about it back in the day! :)

Lori Leigh said...

I have not used essential oils before, but have been hearing such great things about them. Thanks for sharing this.
Lori

Anne's Attic - Design said...

I love my doterra products. Before I found them I was on 22 medications. I am down to 5 now. They are amazing. On Guard will knock a cold right out of me. Jo

Pura Vida said...

I love the apothecary bottles. I have used essential oils since I was in high school. Love them

Kimberly Lewis said...

Cute post. Pinned and tweeted. Thank you for taking the time to party with us. We hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. It wouldn't be a party without you! Lou Lou Girls

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails