Monday, February 9, 2015

Happy Valentine's Day with Adagio Teas

Adagio Tea Review: The Charm of Home
For teatime this week we have quite the Valentine's Day treat. The wonderful people at Adagio Teas asked me to review some of their products and I was happy to do that.  They were very generous.  I was able to order five types of tea and a teapot.  

Adagio Tea Review: The Charm of Home
This was such a perfect teapot for a special Valentine's Day post that I could not pass it up.  

Adagio Tea Review: The Charm of Home
The first tea I tried was the Cocomint Green Teabags.  This tea was a nice blend of green tea with cocoa nibs and peppermint leaves.  I am drinking the tea as I shoot the photos.  The tea was fantastic.  I liked the green tea with peppermint and there was just that little hint of chocolate. This was a keeper.  

Adagio Tea Review: The Charm of Home
The next tea I tried was an oolong.  It was called the Ali Shan. This was a loose tea sample, so I got to try out the teapot!  It had an infuser inside it.  Here is the oolong after steeping. This was a real treat too because we just can't find loose tea around here.  I was most impressed with the whole function of the infuser and the tea.  It was a green oolong from Taiwan.  It had a light grassy floral taste which was really new to me.  I liked it but, it wasn't my favorite.  I am a black tea lover.

Adagio Tea Review: The Charm of Home

make animated gifs like this at MakeAGif

Here we were using the teapot.  I had to do something special for Adagio so, I had my youngest son pour the tea and I made a gif.  The infuser worked nicely and tea was a wonderfully mellow light color after steeping.

Adagio Tea Review: The Charm of Home
Next up is the Peppermint Teabags.  I just love peppermint tea and this was the best ever; cool, crisp, and smooth.  I have the teabag here on the saucer, I wanted you to see it. Adagio's teabags are really nice, they are made of something silky and have a pyramid shape so the tea can steep properly.  

Adagio Tea Review: The Charm of Home
The teacup is made by Royal Albert and it is my second favorite pattern Enchantment.  My favorite pattern of tea cup is here.

Adagio Tea Review: The Charm of Home
I making those flowers work for their keep in this romantic shot.

Adagio Tea Review: The Charm of Home
This tea was the black tea, Yunnan Jig.  It was awesome!  I am such a black tea lover.   It is what I grew up on so, it is what I am fondest of.  This tea wasn't bitter at all but rich and robust while being smooth.  It was just perfect. I am drinking it while I am taking the photos and it is going, going, gone.


Adagio Tea Review: The Charm of Home
Having been raised in the south, I had to try out an iced tea. This is Darjeeling Sungma Summer.  It had a sugary taste to it, you really would't need sugar for it.  It was bright and refreshing.  A really delightful tea with a floral taste.  I do not drink anything at all with my tea, I am not a sugar or dairy user.  I made it all and tested it just steeped or brewed.  
I was really very impressed with all of the different teas I tried.  I tested a black, oolong, green, and herbal variety.  I would try Adagio teas again.  They lived up to and surpassed my expectations.  I was most pleased with the opportunity to try them.  I highly recommend you visit their site: Adagio Teas, and pick out a variety for yourself and give it a try. They have some really neat fandom varieties with some of the CW shows.  How fun is that!  Make a gift basket of tea for your favorite friend of his/her favorite show! 
Here is Arrow's Oliver Queen:
Adagio Tea Review: The Charm of Home
source: Adagio Teas
There is really a lot to love about Adagio Teas!  I was so glad I got this opportunity to try this review. 
Thank you to Adagio Teas for the tea and teapot.  The opinions were entirely my own. 

Sherry

I will link this to:
  
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tea Cup Tuesday at Artful Affirmations
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups 
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Say G'Day at Natasha in Oz
Your Going to Love it Tuesday At Kathe with an  E
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict
Totally Terrific Tuesday at Live Randomly Simple
Project Inspire at An Extraordinary Day
Do Tell Tuesday at Maybe She Made It
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home

15 comments:

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

I love the video clip you did! Pretty.

Margie said...

I love the turquoise colour of your gorgeous RA teacup.

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I am going to have to try those teas. I tend to stick with one that I love and forget to try others. I love your beautiful tea cup. Have a wonderful Valentine;s Day, Sending a hug your way, Martha

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

That is a cute teapot, Sherry. All the teas sound wonderful and it's nice that you got the chance to try them out. I prefer black teas myself and that is usually what I buy although the loose leaf teas are my favourite. I love your Enchantment teacup. Love the colour. Happy Valentines week and thank you for joining me for tea.

Blessings,
Sandi

Ruth W said...

I love your Royal Albert teacup...one of my favorite patterns too! I have had a couple of Adagio teas, but not those. Sound interesting! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

Lilly's Mom said...

I loved reading your post about tea and seeing your lovely china. I too love tea. I prefer loose tea to teabags. I will have to try Adagio tea!

Sylvia said...

The tea sounds good, and I love the teacup. The pretty pink rose inside the cup goes good with the pink teapot and the lovely roses lying beside it.

Judith @ Lavender Cottage said...

It was generous of Adagio teas to not only give you teas to try but a teapot to brew them in.
I like the silky triangle bags as the water is able to flow through easily and as a black tea drinker myself I'd enjoy trying something new.
Happy Valentine's Day.

Snap said...

Really enjoyed your post. Nice descriptions of the Adagio teas that you tried. The Yunnan Jig has my attention! Your RA teacup is gorgeous. I love the aqua color, design and shape. RA does such a wonderful job with their designs. So nice you got a teapot, too from Adagio. Very generous of them. It's cute too and perfect for Valentine's Day. Well done! Happy Tea Day!

Karen Doyle said...

lovely post! am inspired to take out my tea pot!
Karen

Bernideen said...

Your pink teapot looks very sturdy and functional. I am so glad you shared your experience and review for anyone who is looking for recommendations.

Beth @ Conversations from my House said...

Pretty tea pot. Interesting sounding teas.

Jann Olson said...

Gorgeous teapot, flowers, and yummy tea! Can't wait to review!
hugs,
Jann

Linda said...

Hi Sherry,
Thanks for 'intoducing' me to Adagio Tea!
Love the teeny video you shared, always fun to see.
HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY,
Linda at Beautiful Ideas

Christie Selken said...

I love tea! Thanks so much for linking up at Totally Terrific Tuesday! I hope you come link up again this week. The party starts at 10pm Monday night!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails