Monday, December 15, 2014

Spark Some Magic

Christmas Magic: The Charm of Home
This year for The Charm of Home Christmas tea I am sparking some magic for a few people for Christmas.  I took my Mom with me to my workout at Curves today.  She has been in her house for a year now without getting out much.  I will see if I can get her to go with me at least twice a week. She had a big smile on her face and was so happy.  Maybe it will be something we can get done each week.  And for the littlest ones I see each week, I took them to the kitchen and let them make cookies!  As a little girl there was nothing I loved more than for someone to give me some attention and bake with me.    

Christmas Magic: The Charm of Home
I found this cookie recipe on Pinterest and it was perfect for preschoolers.  It rolls out like playdough and it doesn't have eggs in it, so if they eat the dough it is safe for them.  I always loved the cookies at Christmas that were rolled in powdered sugar.  All of the children, big and small, gave the cookies a thumbs up! 

Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies: The Charm of Home
Chocolate Chip Snowballs

Ingredients: 
1 cup butter, softened to room temp
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 1/4 cup flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup mini chocolate chips
additional powdered sugar for dusting

Preheat oven to 375 degree F.  Line baking sheet with parchment paper.  
Mix butter, 1/2 cup powdered sugar, and vanilla with electric mixer until well blended.  Add flour, salt, and blend.  Stir in chocolate chips.  Chill if necessary to shape.  Scoop one tablespoon dough and roll in palm till shaped into ball.  Place on cookie sheet.
Bake for 7-10 minutes until just slightly brown.  Remove and cool.  When just cool enough to handle, roll each cookie in additional powdered sugar.  Cool and you may roll again in another coat of powdered sugar.
Yield: around 30 cookies
Recipe adapted from: Crazy for Crust

Chocolate Chip Snowball Cookies: The Charm of Home
So, for Christmas think of something you can do for someone that could use some attention.  Giving from our heart is one of the best gifts you can give.  That will create some Christmas magic!

Sherry

I will link this to:

Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tea Cup Tuesday at Artful Affirmations
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups 
Friends Sharing Tea at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog 
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Inspire Me Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Say G'Day at Natasha in Oz
Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge Farm
Strut Your Stuff Saturday at Six Sisters Stuff 
Homemaking Linkup at Hope In Every Season 

Anything Goes Party at Bacon Time with the Hungry Hypo
Sweet and Savoury Sunday at Baking in Pyjamas

Tickle My Taste Buds Tuesdays at Lori's Culinary Creations
Fridays Unfolded at Nancherrow

Home and Garden Thursday at A Delightsome Life
Project Inspire at An Extraordinary Day

Totally Terrific Tuesday at Live Randomly Simple
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style

Foodie Friends Friday at Walking on Sunshine

9 comments:

Mom Das said...

Hi this is a very easy and nice recipe. Thanks for sharing. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

La Table De Nana said...

Those little girls are precious!

Pura Vida said...

what precious little faces...I just love to watch children cook!

Beth L. said...

The cookie recipe sounds like a good and simple one. Those little ladies sure are cute!

Beth said...

What beautiful little girls!!! You are blessed to have them in your life. :)
The cookies (until you bite into them) look like cookies we used to make called Rusian tea cakes, a/k/a Mexican wedding cakes. Have a Merry Christmas, Sherry!

Ruth W said...

Loved seeing your 2 little angel helpers! What dolls! I used to teach Kindergarten, and those two will be blessing some teachers heart soon! The cookies look wonderful! My family always made walnut balls, but those look much better! Thanks for linking to Tuesday Cuppa Tea!
Ruth

angie said...

those little girls are precious!!! hugs angie

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

Time is, I think, a great gift to give people we love!

Kimberly Lewis said...

This is fabulous! I love it. Pinned and tweeted. Thanks for being a part of our party! I hope you stop by on Monday at 7 pm. We love to party with you. Merry Christmas! Lou Lou Girls

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails