Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Child's First Lovey

Child's Lovey, The Charm of Home
I was looking for a teddy bear for a Valentine's Day post last week and I came up with not one but four.  I was so excited because I realized for the first time ever that I have all of the teddy bears from my father and children.  We even have my husband's teddy bear around here somewhere I just don't know which box it is in. 


Child's Lovey, The Charm of Home
These teddy bear's have been to more than a few tea parties.  I know I had all boys, but we still had a few tea parties.

Child's Lovey, The Charm of Home
Did you keep your child's first lovey object?  A lovey being the transitional object from when they went from babies to preschoolers.   My oldest son actually loved his blanket way more than his teddy, that's why his teddy is still in such good shape.  Those sweet years pass too soon, but I can look back and smile with these sweet teddies.

Sherry

I will link to:

Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Fridays
Your Gonna Love It Tuesday at Kathe with an E 
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict
Seasonal Sunday at The Tablescaper 
Inspired Sunday at Sunday View  
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House

11 comments:

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Wow! Such treasures! Adorable pictures and I love that the boys and their bears also had a few tea parties :) I have my girls' first dolls and my son's first teddy along with a whole bin of other special toys they had. I recently went through them to make sure they're all clean, safe and dry -- such memories!

RedSetter said...

There is nothing lovelier than a half bald tatty teddy, doggie or panda that has been loved to within an inch of its life. Sweet memories indeed.

Sylvia said...

I love your childs pink teaset.The bears are cute too. Happy Valentines Day,Sherry.

Deborah Montgomery said...

This is so sweet. Teddy bear (and doll) tea parties are the best! What wonderful memories.

Savannah Granny said...

These are so adorable and so neat that you have so many of them intact. Regretfully, our loveys were all lost due a massive basement flood. The basement housed the playroom. We lost all of mine and most of my children's.
We did get busy purchasing other loveys but somehow it is not the same.
Thanks for sharing, Ginger

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

what a sweet and adorable post ! :)

living from glory to glory said...

Hello, I so enjoyed this! My son had a stuffed animal, but it was a Dog he named Henry and we still have it. And our daughter had a Big white Bunny and of course it was named Cottontail. How are you? I am going to try to link up as soon as I can get your Button on my top tab with my Link Parties. It is fun seeing your pictures on Pinterest.
Happy Valentine's Day!!
Yours, Roxy

WoodsofBellTrees said...

I have a little man, but he still likes to have tea parties! I have my very first teddy bear which was one the Care Bears the one with the hearts on the front, I named her Berry Bear (I was never good with names). I have my little man's favorite lovey, a little white and gray dog, it looks pretty sad but that means he has been well loved...we named him Rufus. Hehe.

The Tablescaper said...

So sweet!

Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Maarit said...

I remembered this book I saw before X-mas, when I read your post, and now I regret I didn't buy it..

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/gallery/2013/oct/29/much-loved-teddy-bears-in-pictures-mark-nixon

Diane | An Extraordinary Day said...

I had all my teddy bears until our storage unit was broken in to. The thief just randomly took what was in front. Makes me kinda sad just thinking about it.

Thanks for sharing this lovely post at Project Inspire{d}~AnExtraordinaryDay.net

Wishing you an extraordinary weekend!
Diane

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails