Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas Tree 2013

The Christmas tree is a really subdued affair this year.  I had no expectations for it lasting through Christmas because I have sat it up in the "play zone;" where little fingers can touch it but, surprisingly they have left it alone.  I used monotone colors of gold, silver, and green.

The big change this year was that we added a vintage star I found at the thrift store.  We have never had a tree topper.  I put it out for a  vote and asked the family what we should get,an ornament, angel, or star.  It was overwhelmingly voted to be a star.  So off I went thrifting till I found the perfect one!

I still have the family picture ornaments of the children all in their toddler Santa suits.  They will always be a favorite of mine.  Now that they are reaching their 20's the pictures are looking old/vintage.  I never thought that they would be grown up this much, I think I will always remember their little years the most.

Merry Christmas to all of you!
Sherry
I will link to:
Inspired Sunday at Sunday View  
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict 

9 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I love your tree, Sherry!

xo

Sheila

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi I love your Christmas tee and the star! It's so pretty. Wishing you and your family a wonderful Christmas and Happy New Year. Julie

Blondie's Journal said...

Your tree is beautiful, Sherry! I love the star. We've had an angel forever it seems but before that it was a star.

Today I had to pick out a toy for a three year old boy as a gift. I had no clue what to look at, what to buy!! That's how long it's been since my own boys were young and I knew the names of every action figure and popular game out there! lol! Time sure flies!

XO,
Jane

Jane said...

I think the vintage star topper is a fabulous thrift find! I took a simpler, subdued approach to the tree this year, too, and we are totally enjoying it!

Pondside said...

The Christmas tree, as we put it up every year, is a sort of Family History. I can't bear to part with the little cardboard leaf with the walnut shell snail - or the snowman - or the tinfoil bell. I feel a blog post coming on!

Shirley said...

Merry Christmas Sherry, Your Star is beautiful along with your tree. After the holidays are over and all ornaments safely tucked away till next season, the year passes, filled with growth spirts and only when the boxes are once again opened do we find time has flown and children are now grown. Enjoy the open box...

Jan said...

Hi! I'm visiting from Cozy Little House Tweak It Tuesday (about the homemade flocking) and saw the link to your 2013 tree. I always want to see what others have done for their trees each year. Yours is beautiful. I wouldn't call it subdued, unless you generally have fireworks periodically exploding from your normal Christmas trees? It's gorgeous and the sparkly garland adds just the right element and degree of glitz. And anyone hwo uses a vintage five light pointy star for a tree topper has something special going on :)

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your tree is very pretty, Sherry. I am always surprised when little ones will leave a tree alone. Mine never touched the tree but the grandchildren like to 'touch with one finger, gently!' Ah, they're so cute! Thanks for sharing at my HOME and Merry Christmas from my HOME to yours!

Blessings and hugs,
Sandi

Susan Clayton said...

Very pretty! Merry Christmas! Visiting from Inspired Sunday

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails