Saturday, November 30, 2013

Christmas Past at TCOH

I am joining The Tablescaper today with a look back at the Christmases past at The Charm of Home.  I have always tried to do something different each year but, I also try to use what I have instead of purchasing a new theme each year.  Last year was the Farmhouse Christmas dining room.

This is just a wreath I created using two little empty picture frames for a focal point.

During Christmas 2011 I had a Coastal Christmas theme.


This was Christmas 2010 I had a Victorian Christmas Tea.

I did a very traditional Christmas look here.  This is about the most of my living room that I ever show.  It stays very lived in.

This was my Woodland Christmas Mantel.

This was the same year with the Christmas tree lit up at night for a romantic dinner in Santa I Have Been Good.

I have a antique Victorian baby stroller that I placed a smaller tree in that year.

I placed really simple vintage glass pale pink and silver ornaments on this tree.

Here is a favorite vignette I styled with my Father's teddy bear.

I created a Gingerbread Art ornament wreath the first year I blogged.

I have actually been blogging 4 years on December 1st!  I started blogging in December because I knew I would have something to blog about with Christmas coming near and I wouldn't chicken out and give up on blogging. 
So, there is a recap of some of the looks I have styled for Christmas here at The Charm of Home.  Thanks for stopping by and looking back at them with me.  I still find it hard to believe that so many people come by and visit me.  It has been a fun four years and I think I can see an improvement in my photography and a lot of fun I have had sharing my latest creations with you!


Sherry
I will link to:
Inspired Sunday at Sunday View  
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict 
Home at Rose Chintz Cottage
Be Inspired Friday at Common Ground  
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage

15 comments:

Barbara Lilian said...

I enjoyed seeing your Christmas of the past , each one differet. I'm looking forward to seeing this year.

Debby Ray said...

Oh Sherry...the Victorian Christmas Tea is my favorite! I am a traditional red and green Christmas decorator, myself and I love the warm and cozy feel of it. Sometimes I wish I would have lived in the Victorian era! I love it that you say your livingroom looks "lived in"...that's real life. girl!

Creations by Marie Antoinette and Edie Marie said...

Your photos from past years are a great collection of ideas Sherry! Love the wreath with the gingerbread men and orange slices - so warm and inviting. We'll all be creating a magical atmosphere these next weeks and it's so sweet of you to give us such great inspiration!

Blessings, Edie marie

Lady of the Manor said...

Thanks for your tour of past Christmases! As a new blogger, it's so inspiring to see all these ideas in one post. Love it!!!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Happy Blogging Anniversary! :)

Everything looks gorgeous...love that wreath with the gingerbread :)

Sylvia said...

Beautiful Christmas decor photo's.

Linda said...

Hi Sherry!
Happy blogging anniversary! I think perhaps one of my faves is your 'Victorian Christmas Tea'! Oh, and I am just in LOVE with you red lantern! Where on earth did you find it? It's a beauty. I really enJOY you blog.
Hugs,
Linda at Beautiful Ideas

Poppy said...

Happy 4th anniversary, Sherry! I don't think I've ever seen your lovely living room before! Your holiday vignettes are very pretty. I especially like the coastal and Victorian themes, as well as the teddy bear one!

Have another great year, and many more!

Poppy

Jeanette@Creating A Life said...

I loved seeing your Christmas past posts, Sherry. Happy blog anniversary!

JoAnn SweetPepperRose said...

Happy Blogging Anniversary! Your dad's bear is precious. I love the old baby carriage and the wreath with the simple frames!

The Tablescaper said...

Sherry:

I love your trip down memory lane. Your vignette with the teddy bear has always been one of my favorites.

Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Loved seeing you Christmas past...looking forward to seeing what you do this year!!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I love the mantle with the ship and the starfish!

And that precious gingerbread wreath!

Lovely shots all.

xo

Sheila

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sherry,
Your images of Christmases past are lovely. Each one is unique and it's fun to look back. Enjoyable post! Thank you for sharing at my HOME.

Blessings,
Sandi

Laura Turner said...

What a lovely post with your beautiful decor. Happy fourth year of blogging!

Laura (Sunday View)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails