Sunday, November 17, 2013

Christmas Dreams

I have been working on actually decorating for Christmas.  I know a lot of you don't decorate till after Thanksgiving.  I used to do that too but, now that I blog I do it a little earlier.  If I didn't I couldn't join in as many Christmas parties, they start soon.  Anyway, I noticed in looking back at my photos, that it has been two years since I have done a classic Christmas look in my house.  This year I am really excited about this decorating.  

These are some actual pictures from this year.   I am hoping to get the dreamy Christmas look I have been trying to capture.  Christmas can be very intimidating on the blog.  You look at some of the amazing homes and blogs and you think yikes, I am giving up.  There is no way I can decorate to that level, but that is not what Christmas is all about!  Right?  There are as many Christmas dreams out there as there are different homes to visit.  So, there is a Christmas dream for everyone.  I will go forth and decorate and share it anyway.  I know that in our hearts all of us enjoy the twinkling lights and the beautiful sights of Christmas.
Have you started on your Christmas dream?
I will link to;
Inspired Sunday at Sunday View  
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
The Scoop at Confessions of a Plate Addict 
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Home at Rose Chintz Cottage
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings  
Be Inspired Friday at Common Ground  
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage


allisamazing said...

Your Christmas pics are beautiful! I can't wait to see the rest of your decorating :)

Carolyn said...

Hi Sherry! Looking great so far! We have a tradition of putting up our tree on the Saturday after Thanksgiving. We watch sappy Christmas movies and/or listen to Christmas music, bake Christmas cookies and sip eggnog & hot cocoa. We love Christmas! I am enjoying seeing your beautiful home early! It's inspiring and helps put the rest of us in the mood. Sometimes I do put up a few decorations before Thanksgiving, just not the family tree.
There are so many gorgeous blogs out there that I know I can't compete, nor would I want to. We all just have to do what makes us merry & bright Blessings!

Betty W said...

Over the years I have changed in how I decorate. With kids around I would go all out, but now with the families so busy I have cut back on how much I decorate. I think decorating big or small they are both still beautiful and inspiring.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I am so excited about seeing what everyone does this year. And I love to decorate! I like to shop at thrift stores for vintage items, too. So let the fun begin! ENJOY!

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Gorgeous! Love all the sparkle and so true...enjoy YOUR Christmas YOUR way! Would love for you to share at AMAZE ME MONDAY!

Eilis said...

I have been buying and making the things that I am looking forward to using in my decorating...I think that counts...
I look forward to seeing your dreams materialize.

Shelia said...

Hi Sherry! You're really on the ball! You're so right - there are so many amazing decorators in Blogland but I just do what I do and enjoy looking at the others. I know your Christmasing will be beautiful.
be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Bella said...

Hi Sherry,
Well from the two pics, I see you have the dreamy look already covered, they are beautiful shots! I USUALLY wait to start and have been trying to hold back, but I don't think I can. Funny you say about blogging making us start earlier... when I was driving home tonight, I saw Christmas lights already up on a couple houses and some decorating inside too, it seems everyone is chomping at the bit to start early...
Happy Decorating!

Rose said...

Oh, I love how you expressed that!! I'm so tired of seeing photo after photo of all-white or all perfectly distressed grey rooms that aren't even worth printing out in color because there is no color to be seen! It's like there's been a race to see who could produce the most sterile environment, pop a pink pillow into it and call it good. Tes, anybody CAN do that, but why would we want to?? I figured at least for Christmas bloggers would HAVE to add some color--FINALLY! But I didn't dare hope to see a "traditional" approach!! Looking forward to each and every twinkle!

Jeanette Ann O'Donnell said...

Lovely ideas here,but no I haven't started and can't seem to get going with it yet.

Lady of the Manor said...

Beautiful photography and beautiful thoughts! You're right, we can take inspiration from others' ideas but we need to make our décor reflect our lives! Can't wait to see what you come up with this Christmas!

Katie Mansfield said...

I can't wait to see. It looks very dreamy indeed.

Little Bitty Damn Houze said...

Great post! Creating those wonderful magaZine ready Christmas homes can be intimidating!! I agree, go forth and decorate!!! I started early also this year. For some reason, "I'm in the mood" early! Merry Christmas!

BlueClearSky Elizabeth said...

Very pretty! I agree that is easy to get distracted by other homes and styles. I try to stay true to what we like and include our teens and tradtions in our decor. I'm working on a few things and have started to decorate for Christmas (our Canadian Thanksgiving was in mid October.)

Danielle Giannandrea said...

I am waiting till next week, but you are making me want to start earlier! Your decorations look beautiful so far. Can't wait to see more ♥

martinealison said...


Nous sommes déjà à l'aube des fêtes de fin d'année...
Je suis très admirative de vos très belles photos.
Gros bisous

Debra at HOMESPUN: said...

Nope, not till after Thanksgiving :) If I did it earlier I'd be tired of it by Christmas ...

Jennie Schumann said...

Your teaser shot of the angel with the mercury glass votive made me shiver with anticipation at its beauty. I'm looking forward to seeing what else you have to show us -- and I pinned that photo as well for inspiration.

Custom Comforts said...

Gorgeous photos! You certainly have achieved your Christmas dreamy look - I love it.

Pat Cantwell said...

If this is just the beginning. . .then bring on the reveal, soon, dear one!!!
I adore your angel on the silver tray!!!
I, too, am using a subtle Christmas plaette with all the meaning of the Season tucked inside each vignette!!!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sherry,
I think your post is so pretty with the sparkle of lights and mercury glass. I am working on my decor too but it's going very slowly this year. After healing all year from my back injury, I have to go at a snail's pace. I'm trying to get my party buttons finished for two of my parties too. Always nice to have you join me at my HOME.


Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

Hello Sherry, blogging does do that, doesn't it - absolutely gorgeous photos - I do appreciate you sharing with A Return to Loveliness,

Laura Turner said...

I can't wait to see your decor! I won't be going all out this year--maybe next. Please link up with Inspired Sunday tomorrow. Everyone will enjoy what you have done!


Related Posts with Thumbnails