Monday, October 28, 2013

Autumn Fires

Autumn Fires

In the other gardens
And all up the vale,
From the autumn bonfires
See the smoke trail!

Pleasant summer over
And all the summer flowers,
The red fire blazes,
The grey smoke towers.

Sing a song of seasons!
Something bright in all!
Flowers in the summer,
Fires in the fall! 

Robert Louis Stevenson

I will link to:
 Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 


Jamie said...

Hi, Sherry. I really like the poem! Have a wonderful fall season! ~ Jamie

CraveCute said...

Beautiful poem! It really captures the feeling of the season.

Debby Ray said...

What a lovely post...and poem! I love the fall and there is just nothing like the glow of a warm fire in this season! Have a great weel, Sherry!

Khammany @ Sweet Inspired Home said...

Fires in the fall, my favorite part of fall!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love Robert Lewis Stevenson! What a wonderful post! Enjoy your week!

Kathy A Delightsome Life said...

The poem is perfect for the photo - love bon fires! I appreciate you sharing your lovely post with A Return to Loveliness,


Related Posts with Thumbnails