Monday, July 22, 2013

Mad Tea Party '13

My Mad Tea Party this year is a little late.  I missed Vanessa's party.  But, a little better late than never.   This tea party was a two stage production, first the pretty pictures, and then the Mad Tea Party.

The teapot, cups, and hat are all from Walt Disney World. 

These cups were purchased two years ago.  This year the cups were black like the teapot.

The Mad Hatter's hat is a mini top hat.  I really liked this better than a full sized hat.

The hat fit my party participant's head just right!

This is my other job.  I watch these two little girls half the week.  "Alice" and I had been been planning this party for a few months.  She would ask me, "Can we have strawberry cake and candy?"  I couldn't let the first tea party be disappointing so the menu was upon request!

Judging by the smile, I think the tea party was a success.

At this age, it is all about the experience.  

and seeing what the cup holds.

Now, to plan next year's tea party....

I will link this to:
Home at Rose Chintz Cottage 
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tea Cup Tuesday at Artful Affirmations
Tuesday Cuppa Tea at Antiques and Teacups
Tea In The Garden at Bernideen's Tea Time Blog
Share your Cup Thursday at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olsen


Bernideen said...

Oh they are sooooooo darling these girls! Lovely setting and dishes! This is so fun and I am so glad you are sharing at Tea In The Garden!!!

At Rivercrest Cottage said...

those two little people are adorable. I love the black teapot too. I might have to go to Disney World just to get one.

Terri said...

Your two little ones steal the show! They are the most darling of tea party attenders! Your tea cups are wonderful, the hats are fabulous! Thank you for sharing your Mad Hatter fun!

Sarah said...

This is adorable! Glad you shared this with us.

Martha's Favorites said...

A perfect party with two perfect young guests. I love the hat. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Sherry, it is so worth the wait to see these precious tea partiers....They are so adorable! I am enchanted.

Micupoftea said...

Aw, cute! I've seen the black Alice cups at DLand, but not the white ones- they are sweet. And so are your guests! Happy July :)

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Two very lucky little girls! I love the top hat!

Schotzy said...

Cute, cute, cute... everything was perfection... especially the darling young ladies!~

Wicked Faerie Queen said...

So adorable, I love the teapot and cups!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful, precious little girls, just the right tea party for them.

Snap said...

Cute little girls who look like they enjoy a good tea party. I love all your MAD tea things from the Magic Kingdom! :D :D Happy Tea Day!

GinaBVictorian said...

Oh my gosh, how cute!! That's neat that you got your tea set at Disney World. I like the hat and stopwatch too!Thanks for sharing all that cuteness,

Magali@TheLittleWhiteHouse said...

What a cute tea party. I love the hat.

Poppy said...

How adorable! love the little top hat with the peacock feathers and you have the cutest little guests at your party:)Thanks for having us over at your weekly party!Hugs,Poppy

Tazas y Cuentos said...

Hello Sherry! As you can imagine, I love those teacups and teapot, they are so cute!
Lovely girls, they must have enjoyed it a lot.
I missed Vanessa's party this year too, really a pity.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Oh, Sherry, your wee guests are too cute! I'm sure they enjoyed their tea party as I'm sure you did hosting it. Thank you for sharing with us.


Jann Olson said...

Sherry, what a fun tea party. The dishes are so cute and I love the top hat! The party participants are just simply darling! Thanks for sharing with SYC.

Butterfly 8)(8 Bungalow said...

Love the party! Cute little guests.

Love the black teapot. We have the pastel one from Disney World 2007 and a one from an English company. I will have to search for that one for my daughter, because it is a more steampunk and more like the recent movie.

I don't know if you joined Vanessa's party, but here's is our Mad Hatter Party

Bernideen said...

This post is one of the special features from last week for this week at Tea IN The Garden!


Related Posts with Thumbnails