Saturday, June 15, 2013

Summer Blooms

Summer is here this week.  With it comes an abundance of blooms, that I always welcome.  Here is a begonia that makes a statement on my front porch.

The lavender is still going strong and making the bees happy.  Did you know I have a honey bee hive in my backyard?  It is some runaway bees from my bee keeping neighbor that took up residence in my hollow tree.  Maybe I should thank my neighbor for all the beautiful blooms I am getting in my yard now.

The coreopsis is also in full show stopping bloom. 

I decided to make a video of all of the flowers I have photographed since I began my blog.   It is by far the longest video I have made because there have been so many flowers.  The video is 4 minutes, pull it up on your tablet and use it for a morning meditation.  The flowers are indeed a nice therapy! 


Sherry
I will link this to:
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
From the Farm Blog Hop  at Sunny Simple Life
 Cottage Style Link Party at Lavender Cottage Garden
Tweak it Tuesday at Cozy Little House

12 comments:

Tammy @ A Walk in the Countryside said...

I love the begonias! Our poor flowers are fighting a hard battle right now against the heat! I think yesterday that heat index was 108!

Sarah said...

Beautiful video, Sherry. Thank you! My flowers are already not happy with the warmer temps. Wish my coreopsis looked as happy as yours seem to.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

I love June. Before it gets too hot for us and the flowers/

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Nice therapy, indeed! LOVE the video.

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

By the way....I love Clair de Lune....I played it once in a piano recital!

Bernideen said...

Beautiful blooms!

Gwyn Monroe said...

How GORGEOUS! Your lavender is delightful, and your video is a little floral masterpiece. THANK YOU for this oasis of beauty. I adore your blog. :) Gwyn

Sherry Thecharmofhome said...

Thank you Gwyn that is so kind of you!
Sherry

Poppy said...

Hi Sherry,

Flowers are, for me anyway, therapy and your exquisite presentation of beautiful images, whimsical musical accompaniment and pace make for a truly uplifting experience. Thank you so much for sharing. I intend to watch and listen again and again...

Poppy

martinealison said...

Bonjour ma chère amie,
Quelle merveille et effectivement quelle bonne thérapie que celle des fleurs et de vos publications...
Un véritable régal.

Gros bisous à vous et bonne fête à tous les papas.

Micupoftea~ said...

Good morning Sherry and Happy Father's Day! Lovely flowers- I see that you get as much joy as I do from all the different types and colors. Thanks for sharing such nice photos. :)
shawn

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Lovely! You really do have some show stoppers -- the video proves that! Lavender is still my favorite . . . mine is just about to enter full bloom. Do you ever get a second batch of lavender after the first blooms?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails