Tuesday, April 23, 2013

When You Make Pie....

Today I made The Best Blueberry Pie.  You see in my picture it isn't quite cooled yet.  No one in my house could wait that long.  There was lots of anticipation over me cutting this pie.  I kept waiting and waiting but it was still warm.  The recipe is on the link.  The pie took a good portion of my day and I am just too tired to write the recipe all out.  I noticed a funny thing about making pie.  Every one no matter what's going on will make it back home for pie...hot..out of the oven.  And...I made them wait..so I could get this picture!
* Note on the pie...family decided it could be made with 3/4 or 1/2 cup of sugar instead of a full cup.  The blueberries were already sweet and most of my family added ice cream so the cup of sugar made it too sweet for us.

My ferns are unfolding in the flower beds.  I always love it when they do this.

I picked up some pretty violets at the supermarket today.  I will try one more time to plant them and hope it is finally warm enough to enjoy them. 

 Sherry
I will link this to:
Rooted in Thyme Simple and Sweet Fridays
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style 
Home at Rose Chintz Cottage
What's It Wednesday at Ivy and Elephants 
Friday Recipe Swap Hop at Cuddlebug Cuties 

12 comments:

Jeanette@Creating a Life Studio said...

That pie looks pretty amazing, Sherry! Beautiful ferns and violets. It's still too chilly here to try anything outside.

Jeanette

Old Time Cindy said...

Your pie looks so pretty. Don't know if I've ever said that before, LOL! Bet it was delicious, too.
Farmhouse hugs,
Cindy

martinealison said...

Moi non plus, je n'attends pas ! j'arrive tout de suite! J'en veux une part... Hummm! elle me semble succulente cette tarte.
Merci aussi pour les belles photos de vos fleurs.
Gros bisous

Barbara F. said...

That pie looks divine! I love the whole blue theme here, Sherry. xo

Nanna said...

that pie look delisious! you did a beautiful job, hubby has learened to wait for the picture before he grabs his plate lol!
Helen

Cranberry Morning said...

You made blueberry pie? My next-to-favorite. (lemon meringue being the first) Your pie looks absolutely delicious!

Sue said...

Oh what I wouldn't do for a slice (or 2) of that pie right now. I love a good pie! We were gone all last week and came home to our tulips in bloom and everything with buds...and then rain...lots of rain...and then today, flurries. Florida was hard to leave knowing what we were coming back to! Bring on spring!

Madonna/aka/Ms Lemon of Make Mine Lemon said...

Pie looks delish and the flowers just make me smile. Thanks.

Debra at HOMESPUN: http://www.thehomespun.com said...

Lovely photos, all but that pie! Yum!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

That is a lovely looking pie, Sherry, whether it's cooled or not. Blueberry was always my favourite when I was a little girl. The violets are so pretty and I love fern. Thanks for sharing at my HOME and have a splendid weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Unknown said...

Your blueberry pie looks amazing. I do love blueberries. I am now a follower on all your avenues. Thanks for sharing your pie at our Recipe Hop today. So glad to have you join us. Hope you will join us next week also.
Angel @ sewcraftyangel.blogspot.com

Stan and Jody Gabara said...

Beautiful photos and the blueberry pie looks so delicious!
Thanks so much for sharing!

Jody