Sunday, April 21, 2013

Fairy Wind Chime

I ordered a sea shell bead packet from Wholeport.comEager to craft something creative, I decided on a Fairy Wind Chime.  I have every intention of creating a Fairy Garden corner in the garden this year.  I said that last year too but, then we had a drought and everything got ugly.  So, this year I at least am going to have a wind chime.

A little magic for your spring garden, a fairy wind chime. Only 5 inches by 4 inches. Shells and a magical little bell tinkle in the garden to call the magic of fairies.

Tie three pieces of wax string to the piece of driftwood horizontally.   String the seashells to each string as desired.  Tie the bell to the center string.  Tie string to the drift wood for hanging.  Hang in your garden to charm the fairies.  The overhand knot and the bowline are secure knots that will hold the shells on the string without slipping.
The shell beads were $2.99 and the string was $1.99.  I purchased these supplies from
Happy Earth Day!

I will link this to:
A Return to Loveliness  at A Delightsome Life 
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Sunny Simple Sundays  at Sunny Simple Life
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House
Make the Scene Monday at Alderberry Hill
Amaze Me Monday at Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home 
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Thrifty Things Friday at The Thrifty Groove 


Carolyn Burch said...

pretty....I LOVE windchimes (Hubby HATES them!!!!) I know, crazy right? He says they keep him awake at night...ya right, like you could hear ANYTHING over his snoring :-)
These would be SOOO perfect on the porch of a beach or lake house.
Just stopping by to visit from the Cuddlebug Cuties Sunday Linky Party
Carolyn @

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Oh, Sherry....this is adorable! :D My younger daughter would love to make one of these!


The Tablescaper said...

Love the idea of a Fairy Garden and your wind chime will add the perfect sounds.

Wonderful to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Shirley said...

Beautiful Sherry,
I plan on doing some fairy projects this spring/summer too. I have a cute little fairy living next door that enjoys my garden so much. She is going to love building fairy item's. Did you do the holes in the shells? if so can you tell me how? Thanks and I adore your fairy windchime..

The Quintessential Magpie said...

That is so sweet, Sherry! I keep wanting to make a fairy garden, and this would be perfect in a Florida fairy garden. Love this idea!



Jody and Stan said...

Sherry, Very cute Fairy Garden Wind Chime. I'll have to try and make one. Thanks for sharing.


Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

Great idea! Such a sweet wind chime and great clever! I love the sound of a wind chime...something so calming about it. Thanks soooo much for sharing at AMAZE ME MONDAY!!!

David Bend said...

That is so creative! I am looking for some wind chimes for sale that look just like those! Great Work!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Depending on my mood I can tolerate wind chimes but other times, not. These tiny, adorable ones would never be a problem -- LOL and I'm sure the fairies will enjoy them!

sillhouine said...

These are so beautiful! If I could find some wind chimes for sale online that are like those, id buy one for me, my mom, and my sisters.

Avery Schlacter said...

These look great! I've been looking for unique wind chimes for sale and these sure are unique!

Laurey Williams said...

These wind chimes are super cute! Are they pretty easy to make? I think my daughters would have so much fun making wind chimes like this to hang in their rooms!

The Charm of Home said...

They are really easy to make. Your daughters would love this craft!

Aaron Carter said...

Wind chimes are just enchanting. At my grandma's she use to have a whole field of them. I would lay there for days.

Aaron Carter |

Bill Li said...

I love the creativity that went into making this wind chime. It seems like a lot of fun to make wind chimes out of seashells and other little odds and ends. I especially like the colorful seashells that were tied with the string. Thanks for posting this!

leachmark707 said...

What a beautiful and creative idea! I am wondering if the seashells would break however in a strong wind? I wish I were this creative to make wind chimes. I think I will just have to buy them from some where.
MArk Leach |

Keara Littner said...

That's such a cute idea! I've been thinking that it'd be really nice to get a wind chime set up out by my porch, but I wasn't sure what kind to get. All I knew for sure is that I'd like to get something unique. I'll definitely have to add this to the list of possibilities!
Keara |

Michael Williams said...

It's amazing what different objects you can use to make a wind chime with. If you think about it, using different materials are likely to get you different songs. It'd be really cool to hear the sound of your sea shell wind chime. I'll have to see what other types of wind chimes are out there.


Related Posts with Thumbnails