Sunday, January 6, 2013

A Winter Wreath

Here is an easy winter wreath that I made with a few Christmas clearance items.  I purchased the snowflakes and fairies last year after Christmas for half price.  I have used them a few times for Christmas decorating but this time I am going to make a winter wreath.
Here is what you will need to get started. 

Supplies:
glitter snowflakes
glitter fairies
glitter icicles
a 10-inch embroidery hoop
a roll of 3/4 inch-wide white satin ribbon
scissors
scotch tape 
glue gun
floral wire


The first step is to tightly wrap the ribbon around the inner piece of the embroidery hoop.
When  beginning and finishing I secured the ribbon with a small piece of scotch tape. Save the outer piece of the embroidery hoop for another project.  All of the supplies used can be disassembled and used again for other decor projects.

I placed all of the snowflakes at intervals around the hoop with a small drop of hot glue.  I attached the fairy the same way but, with two drops of hot glue.

In between two snowflakes at the top of the wreath I left a small gap to place a ribbon.  When tying the bow for the wreath I tied into the bow three glitter icicles to dangle down from the bow.  I hadn't planned on using the icicles but I liked how they turned out.  I used the floral wire to make a small hanging loop on the back and hung it with more of the white ribbon.

Now it looks like the frost fairy has visited my front door.

Sherry
I will join:
Tweak It Tuesday at Cozy Little House
Mod Mix Monday  at Mod Vintage Life
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Sunny Simple Sundays  at Sunny Simple Life
Share Your Cup Thursday  at Have a Daily Cup of Mrs. Olson
Before and After Party at Thrifty Decor Chick 
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday at Coastal Charm
Cowgirl Up Party at Cedar Hill Ranch 
Make It Pretty Monday at The Dedicated House 
Tutorial Tips and Tidbits at StoneGable

27 comments:

Jennifer said...

Very cute! I just pinned it to my Wreath board on Pinterest.

Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos

Nanna said...

that turned out fantastic!
Helen

Cindy @ Dwellings-The Heart of Your Home said...

So SWEET, the perfect winter wreath! You are so creative. I love anything that sparkles :)

Coastal Cottage Dreams said...

Lovely wreath, it looks so beautiful on your door!

Kathe said...

Oh my goodness! That has to be the sweetest wreath I've seen! Just beautiful Sherry!

Judy at GoldCountryCottage said...

Hi Sherry. That is simply beautiful. I'm going to look for some fairies and snowflakes..Love it and Happy New Year..Judy

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

That is just gorgeous. Love all the sparkle and the little fairy.

Cindy Ritchie said...

So cute! I love the silver and white!

Carlene @ Organized Clutter said...

This is really pretty, Sherry.

Sarah said...

It's lovely, Sherry. I like the term, Frost Fairy. ;-)

Amy Kinser said...

Simple yet beautiful...

Shelia said...

Happy New Year, Sherry! Oh, this is just darling! You're the most amazing one and so creative! Looking forward to another year of blogging with you.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Barbara F. said...

Sherry, this is beautiful, and easy! I love the frost fairy. xo

Debbiedoo's said...

This is so pretty Sherry. Perfect for winter! Happy New year to you.

Katherine Wolak said...

So simple but so beautiful! I love the gentle colours!

Hugs,

Susan Hemann said...

Such a lovely wreath! Looks lie it was made by fairies. So delicate!!

The French Hutch said...

I absolutely adore this wreath. Perfect for the season and you make it look easy easy with your tutorial! Thanks for sharing this idea.

~Emily
The French Hutch

Bronwyn said...

This turned out so well. Who says glitter has to go away with the Christmas decor? I love how this captures the beauty of a snowfall and brings it inside. And that fairy- absolutely darling!!

Cynthia said...

Great wreath I love the glitz and the snowflakes.

Cynthia

Katarina said...

Sherry, it's beautiful! I love it so much! :-)

JP said...

oh, that's so sweet...it turned out absolutely adorable!

Our Neck of the Woods said...

So pretty! It looks so delicate and beautiful.

Olive said...

Stunning. Elegant yet simple.

Infuse With Liz said...

This turned out really pretty! Love the fairy- very nice touch!

Anita Stafford said...

Your wreath is so beautiful - I love it!

Rettabug said...

Brilliant idea & very, very PRETTY!! Thanks for sharing how you did it.

Jann Olson said...

Sherry, thanks so much for sharing at Share Your Cup. I love that little fairy!
Hugs,
Jann

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails