Monday, July 9, 2012

Christmas in July

I found this Mary at a grocery store floral department and it inspired me to create this Jean d'Arc style Christmas vignette.  A little Christmas in July, it was only 106 here this weekend!

I found these great pale aqua shutters at an estate sale.  
The shutters were the perfect place to show off some vintage Christmas postcards.
I have always loved this postcard.  It looks very much like fall but it is a Christmas postcard.
Any inspirations going through your head for Christmas?

 And for those of us still enjoying our summer, here is the summer look for the before.
  I will join:
Sunday's Best Party  at My 1929 Charmer
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Sunny Simple Sundays  at Sunny Simple Life
Before and After Party at Thrifty Decor Chick
Cottage Style Link Party  at Lavender Garden Cottage
Cowgirl Up Christmas in July Link Party at Confessions of a Plate Addict


Ann Nichols said...

Christmas in July! Well, the title pulled me right in! I mean after all - I am always thinking about St. Nicholas and Christmas!
Just lovely! Thanks so much for this!

pembrokeshire lass said...

What a fun idea!! Joan

jeanetteann said...

Sherry,I thought Australia got hot,but 106,that is very hot.Skin sizzling.
I think your Mary statue looks amazing with your shutters. xx

allisamazing said...

What a lovely vignette!

Susan said...

Your Christmas in July vignette is lovely! Thanks for sharing!

All Ways Designing said...

Very pretty :)

Debbiedoo's said...

absolutely beautiful! I love the vintage cards, candles, everything! Such pretty photos too.

Olive Cooper said...

A Mary and Christmas postcards-simply wonderful. Please do locate some snow too:}

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Goodness Sherry -- I almost didn't click on this because I do NOT look forward to autumn and then winter BUT . . this is lovely :)

martinealison said...

Merci pour ce joli partage en nous montrant ces merveilleuses cartes de noël...

Gros bisous.

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Perfect. Now just think how far ahead you are on the Christmas decorating. It is so pretty though that I know you will create something beautiful. You are always changing things up just like me.

Jaybird said...

Lovely pictures!!!
I'm glad to see your reference to Christmas :^), so that I know I am not the only one thinking ahead. I found 4 "Victoria" Christmas edition hard backs, for 50 cents each the other day at a sale, so I have been "peeking and dreaming" already :^)

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Lovely, but gosh I have a hard enough time getting done for Christmas in December,and now you have it all done for July. You must be a very organized person? It does look very pretty. So glad you shared your creative inspiration with Sunday's Best!

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

It is simply beautiful! Love those mercury glass votive holders! Thanks so much for sharing at the Christmas in July party! Hugs...Debbie

On Crooked Creek said...

Serene, tranquil, lovely vignette in keeping with the reason for the Season! Love the Aqua accents with the Silver mercury glass!!! Inspirational!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

A beautiful and serene vignette! Stunning! Love the mercury glass votives!


Kim @ La Belle Époque said...

The shutters are great! I never find anything as good as the Mary statue in the floral section!


Related Posts with Thumbnails