Sunday, June 10, 2012

Dining Room Reveal

This summer we were so generously gifted some dining room furniture.  So instead of going on vacation we stayed home and remodeled.  Hubs likes to have a project to do so, this past week, he helped me makeover the dining room!

This primitive pie safe became the anchor in the room to hold all the dishes on display.

I also have this arts and crafts style buffet.  I decided to paint it with ASCP Duck Egg Blue.  I have always wanted a buffet in this color.  The color and distressing worked well on this piece.
While I was painting furniture and making curtains; Hubs refinished all drywall, ceiling and walls, and installed the floor.  He has some mad drywall skills.  He applied a "knock down" finish.  We really like this finish and have used it in most of our home.

Here is the entry, which is part of the dining room.

I made the  curtains out of pillow ticking.  It makes great curtains.  I will post about that later this week.

I have everything styled for summer, but I am already planning Fall and Christmas!

  I will join:
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Metamorphosis Monday  at Between Naps on the Porch 
Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage
Your Cozy Home Party  at Cozy Home Scenes
Transformation Thursday at The Shabby Creek Cottage 
Furniture Feature Friday  at Miss Mustard Seed
Sunday's Best Party  at My 1929 Charmer
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Show Off Your Cottage Monday at The House in the Roses
Mod Mix Monday  at Mod Vintage Life 
Creative Inspirations Party  at Embracing Change


Courtenay@Creek Line House said...

I just love everything about it! Can't wait to hear more about the curtains! Well done!

Debbie said...

Oh my goodness! Your room looks wonderful!
I love the colors, and all the furnishings.
You and your hubby did a great job!!!

Something Nice and Pretty said...

I love everything you and your hubby did! Especially the buffet, great color to add to the rest of the wood in there, I also like the primitive cupboard with your ironstone in it!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

It looks absolutely gorgeous. Your new furniture pieces are stunning and you have it decorated so beautifully. Love, love, love it all. Hugs, Marty

Susan said...

I love your new dining room, Sherry - great job to you and your husband!

Love the vintage travel poster, too!

Willow said...

You all did a beautiful job. I just love everything.

Deb said...

The room looks beautiful. The pie safe really is the focal point, just love it. I am a collector of dishes and mostly white or cream are in my cabinets. Love the buffet, too and you did a fine job on it. Deb

Art and Sand said...

I love the color of your buffet and your room is lovely.

I just bought some ASCP, but have not had a chance to paint my table.

Don't redo things too soon, because it all looks great!

Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G said...

Very beautiful and charming room! I love the buffet painted AS Duck Egg Blue! :)

Sharing Shadymont said...

Oh my, this is lovely! Can't wait to hear about the ticking curtains. Everything looks wonderful. Love your floors, and the buffet is gorgeous!!!

GARAGE SALE GAL ~ Deb's Earthly Delights said...

Your new dinning room looks AWESOME!!

Stacey@A Sort Of Fairytale said...

it looks very beautiful...very farmhouse-y :)
the buffet color is so pretty!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

Your dining room looks wonderful and you have some fabulous old pieces to work around!

SwedishCorner-DownUnder...Pernilla said...

Such a lovely dining room. The pie safe is a perfect display cabinet!
Greetings from Australia♥

Jenni said...

It looks beautiful..Love the pie safe.. and the cupboard you painted is delightful, love the colour. Curtains look the very versatile fabric.. and I will say your husband does a pretty good job, too. Oh to have someone so handy around the house!

The French Hutch said...

Hi Sherry, Your dining room remodel looks fabulous. The floor, curtains and the painted chest look divine in this space. Great job and I can only imagine how magical your dining room will look for Christmas. Thanks for sharing.

The French Hutch

Nanna said...

fantastic makeover! can't wait to see the curtains up close,I love ticking fabric

Ricki Jill Treleaven said...

Your dining room is so pretty! FANTASTIC job! Your Hogwarts theme is too cute, I must say.

I think you should leave your pie safe open so everyone can enjoy your collection. I really, really like the hall tree with plates over it since the foyer flows into your dining room. That is a really nice touch!!!


lynn said...

so pretty, sherry! gorgeous pie safe and the curtains are awesome!

allisamazing said...

It looks fabulous!

Inspired by you said...

Your dining rooms looks great!

Gayle said...

It looks so "homey", I just love it! said...

I love what you've done with your dining room. I'm just getting ready for summer and you're already thinking about Fall? You must be very organized ;)

Diann said...

Your dining room redo turned out wonderful! Everything looks so inviting. Congrats on a job well done!

Shannon @ Cozy Home Scenes said...

Your "new" dining room is very pretty Sherry. I really like the entry area and the blue buffet. You and your husband did a great job with everything. Thanks for joining me at Your Cozy Home Party again.

Jamie said...

I love how your dining room turned out! The table, the pie safe, and especially the sideboard are all great pieces. I love that duck egg blue! I also love the little decorative touches with the transferware plates, the candlesticks on the table, your curtains, and the light fixture over the table. It looks like such an inviting space. Visiting from Wow us Wednesday. ~ Jamie

must love junk said...

Your dining room looks gorgeous! I found you thru Savvy Southern Style and am your newest follower. I'm a new blogger, and can't wait to link to your party :)

Keeping it Cozy said...

Gorgeous! I am in love with your pie safe filled with white dishes.

chateau chic said...

Your dining room turned out great. Love the primitive pie safe. I also like how you brought in the painted buffet which adds a nice pop in the room.
Mary Alice

Cathy @ My 1929 Charmer said...

Loving your dining room. I can't believe you are thinking about fall, I'm just getting started on summer. Everything is quite beautiful. Thanks for sharing your creative inspiration with Sunday's Best!

Angie said...

I love the pie safe! I am revealing my dining room this week, too...too funny. Summer is always a good time to freshen up and revamp our homes. You did a wonderful job!

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

I love that your husband has skills and wants a project! The dining room looks amazing with your new dining room inherited pieces ... am especially in love with your pie safe!

Can I come to your next Hogwart's feast? I'm a crazy geeky HP fanatic!



Stacey said...

WOW! I love this dining room! And that baby blue dresser is drool-worthy! LOVE THAT!
I would love if you came by my party to link this up - the party is happening now!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Gail said...

Sherry, your dining room looks beautiful. You and your husband did a great job. Hope you have a wonderful day, Gail

Anne Boykin (bloominganne) said...

What a lovely room! The new flooring looks wonderful,too. Thanks for letting us take a look around.

Stacey said...

Your entire room looks superb! Very impressive!
Thanks for linking up this week! Glad you came by and we found each other!
Stacey of Embracing Change

Stacey said...

Featured you this week!
Stacey of Embracing Change


Related Posts with Thumbnails