Thursday, January 26, 2012

Home Sweet Home #51

Hello and welcome to Home Sweet Home!  I am showing off today a little outfit I made for a sweet little niece that I babysit half of the week. 

I made her a little tutu.  These ideas came from Pinterest and they were pinned off of blogs.  
I got the idea for the tutu here.

And if you have a tutu you have to have a pair of ballet slippers!  I got the idea for these here.

And, the Birthday Girl looked fantastic modeling her tutu and slippers! 

Now, I would like to feature some posts that got my attention from last week's Home Sweet Home!   

 Martina at Northern Nesting made over this lovely dresser.

Barb at Grits and Glamour showed off a gorgeous winter mantel.

Amanda at Girl In Pink had a wonderful vanity makeover with AS chalk paint.

Jacqueline at Cabin and Cottage showed off her winter buffet.  It looks like a fairytale cottage when she styles it!

Suzanne at Pieced Pastimes sewed up some linen and lace pincushions that were adorable. 

Thank you to all who join me at Home Sweet Home!  It is awesome to have you here!  
I will join these ladies today:
 Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground (there is plenty of vintage inspiration in my highlighted links)
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Potpourri Friday at 2805
Air Your Laundry Friday  at Freckled Laundry
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party:
Attention: To link up with inlinkz you must have a permalink back to this party in your post or they will not allow you to link.  
Link up anything in your home or garden.  I love seeing neat shops too!
My button is on my sidebar for the party, if you want to use it.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower. Please don't link up more than two posts.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Please visit some of the other blogs and get some great inspiration.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes!


Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

What a little cutie! Love the features, Sherry! Thanks for hosting!...hugs...Debbie

Elna said...

So nice clothes!

I hope you think my post is ok because I have travelled from the south of Sweden to the north and that is far away to a blog meeting. It's so fun to share it with someone.


A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

Hi Sherry!

Oh what lovely features!!! Thank you kindly for hosting - happy to be able to link up this week! :)

Hugs to you,


Oh that birthday girl is adorable, wish I could hold her, she looks like such a doll with her new tutu made by you, it's beautiful, she looks so special on her birthday, wow! Very pretty features too. Thank you for hosting. Hugs,

Sophia's said...

Thanks so much for hosting this week! Such beautiful and inspiring features too. Have a great weekend,


Eclectically Vintage said...

Your niece is adorable and that tutu is tu cute! You will love my In Her Shoes Valentine Mantel - I used my girls old baby shoes (even a pair of ballet slippers)! Thanks again for letting me link up.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Aren't you a sweet aunt. The tutu is cute, but the shoes are fantastic!

Natasha in Oz said...

That tutu is too too cute! You are so clever!!

Thanks for having me today. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Best wishes,

LDH said...

A joy joining your Home Sweet Home party!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your little niece is adorable in her tutu. Wonderful features too; love the cushions. Thanks for hosting and have a lovely weekend.


Sue said...

That is such a cute outfit and she is a doll!! Thanks for hosting.

Sue said...

Thank you for faithfully hosting and allowing us to play along every week! Little Bit from

Poppy said...

Your niece looks like a doll in the pretty tutu, beautiful job on it! Inspiring features as always. Have a great weekend!~Poppy

Shirley said...

Your sweet niece looks darling in her new Tutu. Little girls love to wear them. I bet she didnt want to take it off..and the slippers are the perfect this.
Does she have a dress up box?
Thanks for hosting..I always forget to say that, but do appriciate your party.

Sue said...

There are so many talented people out in the land of blog~ Thanks for hosting and allowing us the opportunity for your participants to share with everyone! hugs, Sue

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage said...

She is such a sweetie!
Thanks for hosting.

Lynn said...

That tutu is darling! And your little model is precious! Thanks for this inspiration, Sherry. Cottage and Creek is all linked up. And I've added The Charm of Home to my "Love These Blogs" on my sidebar. It's always a pleasure to participate in your party. Thanks for hosting.

Gail said...

Your niece is adorable all dressed up her tutu! What a sweet aunt you are. Great features this week and thanks for hosting. Enjoy your evening, Gail

Jane said...

I especially love the little ballerina slippers....just too adorable! Thanks for introducing me to so many new and terrific blogs!

The French Hutch said...

Sherry, your little niece is just adorable in her tutu and slippers. Thanks for showing her off and thanks for hosting.

The French Hutch

Honey at 2805 said...

How precious is she! And her little tutu and slippers you made are adorable! What a sweet Aunt you are!

Thank you for being a gracious hostess! The features are all just fabulous!

Sarah said...

She is darling! Thanks for hosting each week and for sharing these features. ~ Sarah

Debra @ Common Ground said...

ohmygoodness Sherry, she's adorable!! just linked up, xoxo

Mary Ellen said...

Thanks for the party! Have to run tonight but will be back to visit some links.

What a cutie in her tutu!

bee blessed

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

What a nice surprise to be featured, Sherry! Thank You! Your niece is a little darling in her new tutu. Great job! Thanks so much for hosting!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Super features. Thanks tons for hosting such a fabulous party. Hugs, Marty

AshTreeCottage said...

What a precious peanut she is! Every little girl needs a tutu and the one you made is as sweet as it can be!
Lovely party Sherry ~ thank you.

Susan and Bentley

Something Nice and Pretty said...

So cute, she looked adorable. Thanks for hosting!


Shirley@Housepitality Designs said...

An adorable outfit, for such an adorable girl!..Love the features today! Thank you for hosting1

Liz said...

Hi Sherry,
Thank you so much for hosting this great party. I am all linked up.

Laura said...


Thank you so much for hosting!
I am participating-

Thank you,

White Spray Paint

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

Your niece is so sweet -- I imagine she feels so special in that tutu. Have not seen anyone make little ballet slippers before!

Thanks for inviting us to this lovely party, Sherry.


Curtains in My Tree said...

I always wanted a tutu

Jennifer @ Town and Country Living said...

Sherry, what a doll she is! Love her little tutu! Thanks again for hosting.

Zuni, Chickadee Home Nest said...

That baby girl is waaayyy precious! How sweet of you to make her tutu for her! Thanks so much for hosting a party for us--there are some really great posts here!! ~Zuni

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sherry...

Awww...your neice is absolutely precious! She looks adorable in her beautiful tutu and ballet slippers. Sherry, you are such a talented lady! I'm so glad that you share you creativity with us! And...thank you for hosting another sweet Home Sweet Home party!

Love ya,

Dayle said...

Great post! Love the tutu, and the other features. So much talent in blogland. Thanks for hosting a great party.

Barb @ GritsandGlamour said...

Aw, thank you for showcasing my mantle. Thats very sweet of you. I just realized I didn't add my newest project to your party. Oops! Heading to add it now. Thanks for hosting every week such a fun event! Blessings, Barb

Mimi said...

The tutu and the dressing table are both adorable! Thanks for hosting!

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

What a sweet little princess! love the tutu!!!

Thank you for hosting. Have a great weekend! Kristine

Tina said...

Thank you for hosting.

The features are wonderful this week. But the vanity is my favorite, so pretty.

Beth Bailey Alyssabeths said...

Another wonderful link party!

Nancy's Notes said...

What wonderful features! I'm so happy I found your blog, it's awesome! Thank you for hosting too, I've joined in!


Candylei said...

She is so cute with her new accessories! Thank you for letting me join in the fun here!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Thanks so much for hosting! :)

Brigitte @ Evolution of a home said...

Thanks for hosting! I am beginning to get the hang of this....finally! Love your blog!


Related Posts with Thumbnails