Thursday, January 19, 2012

Home Sweet Home #50

Hello and welcome to Home Sweet Home!  I have been seeing fabric hearts all over Pinterest.  I found the idea for these in a French General book.  They make and sell hearts like these in their store.  Like theirs, mine is full of over a cup of lavender buds.  I have them displayed in a old wooden bowl I picked up at a flea market.  I can never fail to find a million uses for a wooden bowl.

This bird toile print is a reproduction of a vintage French fabric and it is made by French General.

This heart is just a red check with a pure white linen back.  That way you can turn it over and get two looks.

They smell wonderful.  They would make a great homemade treat for someone special for Valentines Day.

Now, I would like to feature some posts that got my attention from last week's Home Sweet Home!  

Jody at Homey Home Design had a Princess Party for her daughter's birthday.  Here the little Princesses are lined up on the runway after a fashion show.  They created their own paper crowns for the show too! Sooo cute! 

Curtains in my Tree showed off her animal calenders.   There was a good deal of interest in where these calenders came from so' if you would like to order your own here is the link for them.  http://www.japanesegiftmarket.com/

Rebecca at A Re-Purposed Life had her home featured in Romantic Country magazine!  It is a magical gorgeous home that she first showed us decked out for Christmas.  Go over and visit, it is worth your time!

If you love vintage Valentines, then you have to visit Shirley of Sweet Romantic Notions.
She has an amazing collection of Valentines and in this post she is showing off the German made Valentines...which are extra gorgeous!


Kim at La Belle Epoque took Target feedsack towels and created these knock-off Wisteria message boards.

Terry at Forever Decorating created a really cute snowflake wreath. 

Thank you to all who join me at Home Sweet Home!  It is awesome to have you here!  
Sherry
I will join these ladies today:
Vintage Inspiration Friday at Common Ground 
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Farmhouse Friday at LaurieAnna's Vintage Home
Thrift'n On a Thursday  with Savvy City Farmer
Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party:
Attention: To link up with inlinkz you must have a permalink back to this party in your post or they will not allow you to link.  
Link up anything in your home or garden.  I love seeing neat shops too!
My button is on my sidebar for the party, if you want to use it.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower. Please don't link up more than two posts.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Please visit some of the other blogs and get some great inspiration.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes!

54 comments:

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Love these red/white hearts! even better when filled with lavender! just linked up, xoxo

Tanya@takesix said...

I love those sweet fabric hearts, Sherry! I guess it really is almost time to dig out my Valentines decor. Thank you so much for hosting!

Gail said...

How sweet are your little fabric hearts Sherry! Love how you have them displayed. Great features this week and thanks for sharing. Enjoy your day, Gail

Susan said...

I love those fabric hearts! I have one of the French General books - I love looking through it, but haven't made any of their featured projects yet. Soon, I hope!

Jan@southernjunkin' said...

Love the red/white hearts! Good job!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Those hearts are so sweet! Thanks for hosting Sherry!

Rosemary@villabarnes said...

Your hearts are so cute Sherry. I love lavender. Thanks for hosting.

Curtains in My Tree said...

Thank you for featuring my little animals

Willow said...

Wonderful pictures. I love hearts and collect them too. Yours is beautiful.

Sylvia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sylvia said...

These fabric hearts are adorable! I love the color red, the pattern, and the smell of lavender.Great Job! Thank you for hosting this great party, Sherry!Your endless energy is amazing !

Curtains in My Tree said...

pretty hearts all in a roll

thanks for the party and I am having a lot of trouble leaving comments. I guess blogger is readjusting again? who knows

Suffia said...

Your fabrics are so pretty and the little hearts turned out so pretty too. Thanks for hosting.

Amy said...

Cute hearts!

Di said...

The hearts turned out beautiful I made mine out of my vintage fabrics, you could use them all year long! Di@Cottage-Wishes

Shannon @ COZY HOME SCENES said...

I've had a little trouble getting around blogger this afternoon, so I'm glad I got to drop by to see your cute hearts. I keep meaning to make some of those too, but I think my life's motto is "too little time." Those gigham ones are really cute. Happy to be joining your party this week. Will be back later to visit people when blogger will cooperate with me.

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Love those fabric hearts, Sherry! Great features! Thanks for hosting...hugs...Debbie

Amanda said...

Just love your little heart sachets! I attempted to make some last Valentine's Day for my son's teachers but they just didn't turn out...I am a novice seamstress! I ended up making simple squares instead! But you have inspired me to seek out a pattern/tutorial and give the hearts another try! Thanks so much for hosting today!
Best Wishes and Blessings,
Amanda

nannykim said...

Love the idea of the hearts. Where did you get the lavender?

Melissa said...

LOVE the hearts! They are so pretty! Thank you so much for hosting Sherry!

Teacup-In-The-Garden said...

Oh, I love these hearts!
Markus

Shirley said...

Be still my heart..as these are just wonderful. I love the fabric and filling them with lavender is perfect for hearts..what aroma coud be better? Thanks for highlighting my Valentines. I'm afraid I've gone completly mad and posting so many of them.I can't help myself..so you will be seeing so many more..hope the ladies and gents dont tire of seeing them..
Have a wonderful weekend..we are going to have a snow storm..Yikes...

Deidre said...

Hi there! :)) just wanted to stop by and say thank you for hosting this fun party! Im a faithful follower of yours,stop over sometime and chat wont you:) Deidre~ http://simplysimplisticated4.blogspot.com

~Tablescapes By Diane~ said...

Hi lovely lady.
I Love your heart !! This was a Beautiful Features you had put on for as all so see. Thanks so much for Hosting your linky party for us.
Have a wonderful week with your family.
XXOO Diane

Shari @ turnstylevogue.com said...

Hey there! This is my first time linking up with your party. I'm a new follower as well. Have a great weekend!

Shari
turnstylevogue.com

Honey at 2805 said...

Your harts are so pretty and must smell wonderful! Thanks for being a gracious hostess!

Sherry said...

You can get the lavender at Etsy under supplies. Comments are tricky today. Hang in there. It looks to be a Blogger glich.
Sherry

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great features, Sherry. Thanks for hosting.

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage said...

Hi Sherry, love those fabric hearts! Thanks for hosting.
Faye

Sarah said...

Sherry, your hearts are darling! I've a wooden box full of fabric hearts that have been collected through the years. You've reminded me to share these this next month. Thanks!
And thanks for hosting each week. So many amazing posts! ~ Sarah

Olga said...

Hi Sherry,
Your fabric hearts are very lovely. And I am joining your link party with my crochet ones.
Thank you for hosting the party.

Lynn said...

I love that wreath! All your features are great. I can't wait to see the Romantic Country magazine spread. Thanks for hosting, Sherry. It's always a pleasure to link up.
Lynn
www.cottageandcreek.com

AshTreeCottage said...

Red toile and red checks make me swoon. Just darling in that wooden bowl too. Thanks for hosting Sherry!

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

Darling little hearts- thanks so much for hosting!! :)

Cozy Little House said...

Love your hearts! Where do you get your lavender?
Brenda

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

That' a pretty toile fabric with the bird on it! Your sachets are very sweet. Thanks so much for hosting, Sherry!

Doll in the Looking Glass said...

I love toile -- my family room has some accents done in blue toile. Your hearts inspire me to begin Valentine's Day decor next week. Thanks for hosting this lovely party, Sherry.

Debra

FABBY'S LIVING said...

I love those hearts! I want to start Valentine's table pretty soon. Nice features too. Thanks for hosting this terrific party. Hugs,
FABBY

classic • casual • home said...

Super charming. Love the princesses and vintage valentines.

classic • casual • home said...

Hey Sherry, I just liked you on Facebook BECAUSE I DO :)

Michele @ The Nest at Finch Rest said...

Love those hearts, they're sweet!

Erin of Salvaged Whimsy said...

Love your sweet hearts. Great features and thanks from hosting. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Jody said...

Thank you so much for featuring my daughter's birthday party! I am thrilled!
Blessings!
Jody

Kathy said...

Hello Sherry - Love your lavender hearts! I bet they smell heavenly! Fabulous features and I can't wait to visit some of these participants.! Than you so much for being a gracious hostess,
God Bless,
Kathy

Elna said...

Cute hearts and thank you for hosting.
I removed my blog by mistake and I can't get it back so I have started from the beginning with a new one.

Hugs
Elna

Pieced Pastimes said...

Your lavender filled hearts are lovely and I am quite sure they smell amazing! Thanks for hosting the party.

Mimi said...

Love your fabric hearts. Have tons of it at home. Perhaps I should make this a TV watching project at night. Always looking for a quick project I can do after coming home from a day at my flower shop. If I don't finish, I can just pick it up the next day!

Rebecca said...

Hello
Thank you so much for the feature... I appreciate you hosting every week and I enjoy visiting even if I don't link up every Friday.
I love your hearts!
Blessings
Rebecca

cityfarmer said...

I adore that book ... there's something about the red!

thanks for coming over to link

Debbie said...

You featured some really beautiful things, Sherry. I love your hearts for the wooden bowl. I have more time this weekend than I've had lately so I'm going to get a second cup of coffee and browse through some of this week's right now.

sparklegem said...

The hearts are lovely! They really put me in the mood for Valentine's Day.

Elna said...

Hi!

It's just me again. I can need some followers. It's not easy to start all over again *smile*.

Hugs
Elna

Sammy said...

Love your blog!!

Rusty Hinge said...

Your photo from French Country Cottage Link Party caught my eye...I LOVE your fabric hearts!!! Will you be selling them in your Etsy shop? If so, I would love to purchase a couple!! :) I just joined your link party as well!!
Have a wonderful weekend!
Maria
www.rustyhinge.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails