Friday, December 9, 2011

Coastal Christmas Tree

I am showing off my Christmas tree today.  I created a tree this year with a casual coastal flair.  I wrapped it first with lights and a white burlap garland then I decorated it.

I made these little origami sailboats out of vintage sheet music.  I'll show you how I did that next week.

The tree topper was a casually gathered bow out of the white burlap with a starfish and some raffia tied in the center.  I made the burlap garland and bow out of yardage of burlap.

Here is a peak at my second tree.  I have it elevated in an antique Victorian wicker baby carriage.  I'll show more of that later.

This is what it's all about!  Letting the children enjoy the wonder of the season.:)
Thank you for coming by to view my Christmas tree!
I will link this to:
Coastal Christmas Linky Party at Sally Lee by the Sea
12 Days of Christmas Traditions  over at Keeping the Christmas Spirit Alive, 365
Christmas Tree Party at 2805
Christmas Trees  at The Thrifty Decor Chick

Here is my Holiday movie, just under two minutes.


Teacup-In-The-Garden said...

How cute is that? I love it!

Martha said...

Your tree is lovely!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Your tree is lovely, Sherry. I love the white lights. I'll have to change mine back to white next year now that my boys are all on their own. Love the little birdie. Wishing you a delightful weekend.

Christmas blessings,

Honey at 2805 said...

Your tree is beautiful tree and your whole coastal theme this year is so pretty!

Thanks for linking to the Christmas Tree Party at 2805. I do hope you will take the time to check out the gracious sponsor of the $100 Pottery Barn giveaway by becoming a member of Hometalk or liking them on Facebook. Links are provided for each.

Debbiedoo's blogging and blabbing said...

Beautiful tree Sherry. Love your photos too. I love white lights, they are my favorite on a tree.

Shirley said...

Hi Sherry,
I so love your tree..The starfish on the top is beautiful. I love your video..the music is soft and beautiful. The photo of your son lookin gup is adorable..I also love all the pictures on your video of the lighted candles. So soft and makes the home feel warm. I truly enjoyed your glass ornaments..
Merry Christmas to a great blogger..

Jane said...

It's just beautiful! One of these days, I want to do a theme tree like that. I love the way your's turned out!

Sally Lee by the Sea Nautical Cottage said...

Both of your trees of gorgeous; however the one with starfish is FAB!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at our Holiday Blog Party. :O)

Happy holiday hugs,

Cheryl said...

Hi Sherry,
I love your Christmas tree with the burlap!! I am so into burlap this year.... I also love the carriage idea!! I have a vivid memory as a little girl walking into my aunts house and seeing their 12 foot christmas tree covered (and I mean covered) in tinsel!! I looked up and thought to myself... This has to be the MOST BEAUTIFUL GLORIOUS!! THING IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD!! I have never forgotten that and it is one of the most special memories I will always have. So you are soo right about it being about the children!!

Heaven's Walk said...

Sooooo pretty, Sherry! Luv that photo of the little kiddo looking at the tree. Just precious!

xoxo laurie

Pat said...

This is beautiful Sherry! I love the white burlap ribbon. Wonderful idea!

Simone said...

Love the burlap wrapped around the tree - so effective, as is your final shot just beautiful!

Cindy said...

So pretty Sherry! Your last picture is beautiful...children make Christmas so special!

Anne said...

I did a coastal tree too this year! I love the way yours turned out. :)

Lauren said...

Loving your coastal Christmas tree :) I have some white pencil starfish on mine as well! Thanks for sharing!

Lauren @

Love of the Sea said...

Your tree is beautiful. Love the coastal theme!

annewalker said...

Love the way you decorated. Your tree is gorgeous, and all the other decorations are just beautiful! Thanks so much for showing us your Christmas tree ideas! Happy Holiday!


Related Posts with Thumbnails