Saturday, December 31, 2011

Beginning Anew

Welcome 2012!  Time again to begin anew.  Fresh changes going on around my house for the New Year.

I created these devotional candles for the mantel.  In seeking peace and tranquility for the new year, borrowing from the French, this made for a wonderful look. 

The candles are really easy to create.  You just need the candles, which I bought from the grocery for $1.79 each.  I printed the holy cards from The Graphics Fairy, just browse images under religious.  Then to finish them, I tied twine and religious charms onto the front.  As the candles burn, the images should glow even more.

My rusty wire crown was from TJ Maxx.  I am seeking to borrow the calm and tranquility of the French Nordic style for this year.  I think there is a reason it is so popular, we need the peace of white.  My house is not white, but I am thinking I will adapt a lot of the looks to make for a peaceful setting in my home this year.  
I was so amazed that on my Christmas post I was wished Merry Christmas from people all over the world.  This blogging adventure has been wonderful.  So, to all of you reading all over...
Have a very Happy New Year!  
 I will join:
Show off Your Cottage Monday  at The House in the Roses  
Brag Monday at The Graphics Fairy
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Seasonal Sundays at The Tablescaper
Nifty Thrifty Tuesday  at Coastal Charm
Tabletop Tuesday  at A Stroll Thru Life
Masterpiece Monday at Boogieboard Cottage
Amaze Me Monday  at Dittle Dattle
Berfore and After Party  at Thrifty Decor Chick
White Wednesday  at Faded Charm


Debra @ Common Ground said...

I love it too, Sherry. the crown is just beautiful, just pinned it! Happy New Year! xoxo

Cozy Little House said...

A very pretty look, Sherry!

Miss Gracie's House said...

It is the calm and peace of white that I love so much too,
Happy New Year to you too!

Blondie's Journal said...

Your candles and crown are just lovely, Sherry!! I think your decor ideas are wonderful and I wish you much luck with the changes you will make.

Wishing you a Happy New Year!


Rosemary@villabarnes said...

We all need peace and tranquility. My mother always had candles around the house. I do the same. Happy New Year!

Susan said...

Love the idea of wrapping the candles in religious images - very pretty!

I hope you have a very happy 2012!

Cheryl said...

Wishing you a HAPPY and SAFE New Year Sherry!! I am loving the crown from TJ Maxx. We have one very close to us, I think I will need to visit with them soon!!

Marlis said...

A home should be a place to restore and regenerate and yours is certainly on it's way! May all your dreams come true in 2012. Happy New Year! xo marlis

Jacqueline said...

Your canoes are so pretty! Your graphics are lovely too. I like peace and serenity as a theme for the year. May you have a wonderful New Year.

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

Beautiful Sherry! Have a Happy New Year!! Martina

Teacup-In-The-Garden said...

Happy New Year!

Linda said...

Hi Sherry,

This is very calming. I love it. Beautiful job on the candles. Last year just before Christmas, my hubby and I painted the entire top floor of our home in warm shades of white: entry, kitchen, LR, bath and bedrooms... We find it to be very refreshing and makes our 35+ year old bungalow feel new again. In fact, just last night, my mom asked if our staircase was new! Nope, just a fresh coat of white breathes new life into an old house, amazing. Have fun this year! I love your blog!


Pat said...

All the best in 2012, Sherry!

Lauren @ My Wonderfully Made said...

Beautiful, elegant project -- I am not convinced of the Nordic design yet . . . I love the concept of the simplicity and clean look but I just love color too much I guess to go that 'route'. I think your idea of incorporating elements of it into decorating is the way to go for me! Happy New Year to you!

Ansichtssache said...

*.*★* . ✶•´ ☆´,•*´¨★ 2012
☆´¸.•★´ ¸.✶* ☆★
│∩ │◥███◣ ╱◥███◣
╱◥◣ ◥████◣▓∩▓│∩
│╱◥█◣║∩∩∩ ║◥█▓ ▓█
Ich wünsche Dir und Deinen Lieben ein gesundes neues Jahr, liebe Grüße Doreen

soul and sense said...


ich wünsche auch Dir ein zauberhaftes neues Jahr ganz nach Deinen Wünschen!
Lieben Gruß

Shirley said...

Beautiful! Love this new look you will be sharing with us. I'm excited to see your vision come together. Cheers to an exciting 2012...

Sarah said...

Sherry, I agree. Blogging has brought us friends across the globe. Who would have thought? This is a beautiful post. Happy New Year ~ Sarah

Eileen said...

Gorgeous! Wishing you a wonderful 2012!

Lynn said...

I agree that peace and tranquility are worth striving for. Your home looks very lovely and full of peace and beauty. Happy New Year!

Willow said...

Lovely mantle and I just love the candles. Happy New Year.

sparklegem said...

Lovely photos as always. And a Happy New Year to you!

Jann Olson said...

What a wonderful idea for the New Year. We all could use a bit more peace and tranquility. Wishing you the best for 2012!

WhyCuzICan said...

Very sweet, and love the Madonna and Child from GF. Thanks for sharing :D

Visiting from GraphicsFairy BRAG MONDAY party today :D

Smiles, Suzanne at WhyCuzICan in NW Illinois

♥ Sonny ♥ said...

so serene and beautiful...

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

So beautiful and calming. Thanks so much for joining TTT and God Bless for the New Year. Hugs, Marty

The Tablescaper said...

So serene and beautiful.

Happy New Year.

- The Tablescaper

Marie Lost Bird Studio said...

Just beautiful,Shery.Happy 2012.Came over from Brag Monday.
XO Marie

Lola and Bea said...

So beautiful and inspiring.

Tanya@takesix said...

So peaceful!! I love your crown!

Lorraine said...

They're just beautiful!! Happy New Year!

Kathryn Ferguson Griffin said...

Just lovely! I adore the crown! Have a Happy New Year. Have a grand evening. Toodles, Kathryn @TheDedicatedHouse


Related Posts with Thumbnails