Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Forcing Paperwhites

I am trying to force some paperwhites for Christmas.  I have tried to force bulbs one other time and I didn't have any luck, so maybe this will work.

The bulbs I found were a bargain too.  Half price bulbs not sold already for fall panting.

My bulbs are already getting a head start.  They really look ready to go so, I used the method where I just plant them and I am not going to worry about setting them in the cold.  I found info on how to force the bulbs here.

For the top of the pot I am putting down sheet moss.  I really like the natural look this gives the arrangement.

Wish me luck.  Maybe this year they will bloom....with a little Christmas magic!

I will link this to: 
Wow Us Wednesday at Savvy Southern Style
Thrifty Things Friday   at The Thrifty Groove 


Priscilla said...

I always plant paperwhites for Christmas. I have some going right now. I have also started amaryllis, a white and a red. I have been photographing them every other day.
Be sure you don't over water them. That will assure disaster.
Good Luck.

Tanya@takesix said...

Wishing you the best of luck! :0)

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Mine are in the mail. I order about 75 each year, having them from Thanksgiving to Easter. Love them. Ziva are easy, they should be beautiful!!

Vickie @ Ranger 911 said...

It sure looks like they want to grow!

Cozy Little House said...

Hard for me to believe I love flowers so, yet I've never tried this! I wish you luck. Looks like they're off to a good green start.

Carolyn said...

That was a great price and I am sure they will be beautiful soon!


Michelle said...

I love a good bargain! Fingers crossed they bloom for you :)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Sherry, those will be so pretty in that container. I keep forgetting to buy my bulbs. Thanks for sharing at Wow.

Debbie said...

Looks like you are in luck!

Teagarden said...

It looks wonderful! And if they bloom it will be amazing!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Sherry: I love to plant bulbs. This year I am running late on everything. Wishing you the best of luck. Blessings, Martha

A Cozy Cottage in the City said...

I do hope they bloom for you! I've yet to try this. :)


Cindy said...

I love paperwhites, just wish they had a "sweeter" fragrance. :) Can't wait to see yours, they are such pretty little things!

ℳartina @ Northern Nesting said...

I love paperwhites Sherry! They are going to look beautiful in that urn! Martina

Liz said...

I'm sure they'll bloom beautifully!
Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

Meg said...

Looks like a great start! I love the look of paperwhites, but I cannot stand the smell! I'm sure some people LOVE it, but it's just to sweet for me!

They are going to look VERY pretty!!

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I've always wanted to do this, but I've never tried. We are gone a few days at the holidays and I didn't want to have it bloom while we were gone. I may try to time one for when we get home. I can't wait to see how yours turns out.

Tammy@Beatrice Banks said...

I hope they bloom! They will look great in that pot. I haven't tried this so am anxious to see how yours turn out. Thanks for sharing!

Shirley said...

Wishing you great blooms and can't wait to see them. Forcing bulbs is such a great way to have pretty flowers all the time..

The Tablescaper said...

I'm sorry you've had difficulty in the past. I think paper whites are so fun to force.

- The Tablescaper

The French Hutch said...

I love Paperwhites for Christmas. A great tutorial Sherry, I am going to try this too, good luck to both of us.........Happy Thanksgiving

The French Hutch

Jenny @ Simcoe Street said...

So pretty! I'm a new follower. Come by when you have a moment and, if you'd like, follow along as well


Cheryl said...

Paper Whites are sooo pretty and I have always wanted to try this!! I will wish for you lots of luck and Christmas Magic!, and look forward to seeing them in their full bloomed beauty for the Christmas Holiday!!


Related Posts with Thumbnails