Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Veggie Pizza

My favorite pizza hands down will always be the loaded veggie.
So, the other night middle son says, "Hey Mom, how about one of your homemade pizzas?  We haven't had that in awhile." 
I answer, "Okay but it will have to be veggie, is that alright?"
"Sure, that will be good."  Middle son is always so agreeable.  The easiest of all my three sons.

I pulled out the veggie drawer and it was full of pizza toppings waiting for the construction of a great supper.   I have made homemade pizza for years.  I will give you my dough recipe, it is the most worn out recipe in my recipe box.  

Homemade Pizza Dough
ingredients:
1 pkg. (1/4 oz.) active dry yeast
1 tsp. sugar
1 1/4 cup warm water (110-115 degrees)
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp. salt
3 1/2 cup all-purpose flour  (here I used 1/2 of this amount as wheat)

In a large bowl, dissolve the yeast and sugar in water; let stand for 5 minutes.  Add oil & salt.  Stir in flour, a cup at a time, to form soft dough.  Turn onto floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, about 2-3 minutes.  Place in a greased bowl (I use olive oil here), turning once to grease top.  Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.  Punch down dough and divide in half.  Makes 2 -12 inch pizzas.  Bake at 400 degrees for 25-30 minutes or until crust is lightly browned.
Toppings can be your choice.  
I have used: the above pasta sauce, black olives, onions, green peppers, spinach, cherry tomatoes cut in half, fresh Italian parsley, basil, and mozzarella.
You put the toppings on top of the cheese.  I used to put the cheese on last but, the toppings don't cook as well.

Middle son and last son had no complaints.  They really liked this sauce.  That was the first time I ever tried this sauce.
Enjoy!
Sherry
I will link to:
Wow Us Wednesdays at Savvy Southern Style
Foodie Friday  at Designs by Gollum
This Chick Cooked at This Chick Cooks
Friday Food at Mom Trends

18 comments:

Dreaming of Vintage said...

Your pizza looks delish! YUM!

CraveCute said...

Your pizza is a work of art!

Thank you for putting all of the blogs on your sidebar. I have found a few wonderful blogs by browsing through your favorites. I really enjoy your beautiful site.

Anonymous said...

It looks delicious, my hubs and I would love that! Thanks for the recipe.

Mary @ Redo 101

Jane@Cottage at the Crossroads said...

This looks so delicious.I make my own dough, too. It's so easy. I don't know why more people don't try to make it at home. Once they do, they'll never go back.

Glenda @ Magnolia Bend Drive said...

Looks yummy! I think I'll have to try this out sometime. Thanks for sharing.

La said...

Yummy. Great idea, Sherry. It satisfies the pizza craving, but is healthy and full of nutrition.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Sherry, that looks so good. Pizza is my absolute favorite food. Always has been. Thanks for sharing the recipe at Wow.

Unknown said...

YUM! Gotta try it. I love veggie pizza. Thanks for sharing your recipe.

Anita Diaz said...

Now that would definitely be my favorite too, but I could not get anyone else in my house to eat veggie pizza. Maybe if I puree the veggies into the sauce?? It looks SO delicious! Thanks Sherry for stopping by and for your sweet comments! I really appreciate it:-) Take care!!

It's Just Dottie said...

Pizza is my all time favorite food and I also like vegetable the best. I have not ever put the vegetables on top of the cheese but I am going too.
Smiles,Dottie

Ivy and Elephants said...

This looks so yummy I can almost taste it! I hope this recipe is fool proof because I've got to try it! Thanks for sharing.
Patti

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Oh looks sooooo good!

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh yum. We love to make homemade pizza too in the cooler months.

The French Hutch said...

Looks delicious!. We love pizza here too, I need to try your crust recipe.

~Emily
The French Hutch

annies home said...

look so yummy

Anonymous said...

Sherry...veggie pizza is my favorite and this looks delicious!

Carolina HeartStrings said...

That looks just fantastic. I would love love love that pizza. Come visit us. We hae a fantastic apple salad recipe today.

Nicole Feliciano said...

You are making me miss Italy! This recipe looks divine. It's such a good time to load up a pizza with veggies now that the gardens are bursting. Thanks so much for sharing this tasty recipe on Momtrends' Friday Food. Have a great weekend!