Sunday, September 18, 2011

Neutral Fall Inspiration

I was most inspired for fall by Lulu Tapp's home featured in Romantic Country magazine 
(Fall 2011).  I love the neutral palette and how she made it come alive with fun touches of the season.  Lulu Tapp is a photographer and stylist for Rachel Ashwell's Shabby Chic Couture.

I scoured the internet for more images of this feature and had no luck until I stumbled across The Old Painted Cottage's blog.   All of these photos are Lulu Tapp's and were featured at the Cottage of the Month at The Old Painted Cottage.  Click the link to view more of this fall decor.   I have these images and more pinned to my neutral fall board.  What colors do you like to experiment with for Halloween or fall?  
 Rachel Ashwell briefly had a tv show in the 90's.  Does anyone remember it?  I couldn't find it anywhere online.  So, looking around for a video of Rachel Ashwell this was all I could find.   Would love to see her wisdom and style on the screen again.:)


Rachel Ashwell for Target.com from rob featherstone on Vimeo.
 I am joining Natasha for her Pinning and Singing party.  
 I will also join Kathleen for White Wednesday at Faded Charm.
Click the link to view.  

19 comments:

It's Just Dottie said...

Great !! I have been wanting to thank you for sharing your meatloaf recipe. I have made it twice . My family really likes it.Even my picky eaters.
Smiles,Dottie

Richard Cottrell said...

the home featured is fun and cute, but looks very staged, almost like a shop. But, it made a magazine. Thanks, Richard from My Old Historic House.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

I love some of the neutral mixed with traditional fall colors. Great images you found. Hugs, Marty

Cozy Little House said...

It's still hot here, but these images definitely get me into the fall spirit!
Brenda

Elaine @ Sunny Simple Life said...

Truly beautiful with a little spooky thrown in. I love it. Can't wait to see your fall decor.

rosarod said...

Hi Sherry, that beautiful entrance as usual! I loved the third and last picture, notice that the white and cream is touring all seasons and holidays, and looks beautiful. I loved the video of Rachel to target, the setting of the table looks so simple, with accessories to reach, until then. Rose Marie

Blondie's Journal said...

Very pretty home! I'm not big on Halloween decorations but this is neat!

XO,
Jane

Wanda said...

Gorgeous photos. Thank you for sharing them. I just had to pin them.

CraveCute said...

I love the neutral theme it can be a nice change from the usual orange and black! I love the last photo of the old lanterns and the white pumpkins! So pretty! I am also Pinning and Singing, stop by if you have time. ~Diane

bj said...

Now, THIS is the kind of fall decorating that I love. Mostly whites and cremes with just a TOUCH of color..

Shenita @ Embellishments by SLR said...

Sherri, I just came across your site. I love the photos. They are so ethereal and soft. Truly beautiful. I am a newbie and your newest follower. I hope that you will follow back! Many blessings to you!

Kelly said...

I, too, prefer the neutral pallete for Fall decor inside my home. I do use a brighter pallete outdoors though so it's visible to the street. I remember Rachel's show on The Style Network. You might be able to find it there by googling it. I really loved it. Too bad she's not doing it anymore.

Kellie Collis said...

Gorgeous! Making the colors neutral makes the decor pop out even more. Have a beautiful day, Kellie xx

Marydon said...

Since I am not into decorating for the season, except for Christmas, I love the neutral whites/cream with a 'touch' of autumn.

Sherry, I wish to thank you for your sweet note & support. This meant a lot to me. May your Mother have great healing also.

Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~
Hugs,
Marydon

Mandy said...

Thank you for the neutral inspiration!
Would love it if you stopped by and linked up one of your projects to my 1st Linky Party that started today. I always enjoy receiving your new posts in my in-box.
www.projectqueen.org

Peaches and Maple said...

Gorgeous images! Love neutral decorating :)
Cas x

FRENCH LAUNDRY said...

How funny! I am looking at Lulu's article right by my chair that I had pulled out from the magazine. It was so cute! I loved that show that RA had on Style. Too bad she didn't do more episodes. I really loved that show!

Hugs,
Judy

Mikey @ Shabby French Cottage said...

These images are beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

~mikey @ shabby french cottage
www.shabbyfrenchcottage.com

Amyshka said...

The neutrals make a nice alternative to orange and browns :)THanks for sharing. I have just found your blog via '5 minutes just for me'. Would love if you wanted to check mine out when you get time! http://kiwi-chic.blogspot.com/
- Amy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails