Thursday, September 15, 2011

Home Sweet Home # 32

Hello! Welcome to Home Sweet Home!  I posted a creepy hand I made a week ago.  You can find out how I made it and where to get the pattern here.
I had an opportunity to alter it and I wanted to show you how that came out.  The hand above looks ghostly.  I had a request to create some more and make them into witches' hands.

 To turn them into witches' hands I painted them green, covered them in a crackle medium, and then glued some moss on them.  The crackle medium gave them a glistening and bubbled effect which you can't see with these pictures.   The invitation owl graphic is from The Graphics Fairy.

And, since I have a witchy hand extended with an invitation, I will invite you to a Fall Open House here at The Charm of Home.  I will have it with the Home Sweet Home party on October 13th.  Your welcome to show off anything fall, decorating, dishes, candy, food, crafts, costumes, or even photography.  And, it doesn't have to be limited to your home, if you have a place in your community that puts out a fantastic fall display, show it off.  Grab the picture below and post it in your sidebar to spread the word. 
Thanks for joining me at Home Sweet Home!

Sherry
Now, I would like to feature some wonderful post from last week's Home Sweet Home.

First, Tres' Julie showed  off a beautiful wreath.  Click the link to view.

Design Dreams by Anne created a mini green house out of old windows.  Click the link to view.  

  Sylvia's Simple Life showed off vintage textiles made by her mother and Grandmother.  Click the link to view.

Courtney at French Country Cottage created this beautiful table cover out of bed skirts.  Click the link to view.

 Katty's Cosy Cove created this sea shell crown which was so unique and original.  Click the link to view. 
Thank you to all who join me at Home Sweet Home!

I will join these ladies today:
Fall Nesting Party  at The Inspired Room
 Inspiration Friday At The Picket Fence
Show and Tell Friday at My Romantic Home
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Fridays Unfolded  at Stuff and Nonsense
Farmhouse Friday  at LaurieAnna's Vintage Home
Seasonal Sundays  at The Tablescaper 
Treasure Hunt Thursday temporarily at From My Front Porch to Yours
Air Your Laundry Friday  at Freckled Laundry

Guidelines for Home Sweet Home Party:
Attention: To link up with inlinkz you must have a permalink back to this party in your post or they will not allow you to link. 
My button is on my sidebar for the party, if you want to use it.   If you are new here I hope you will become a follower.  No Etsy link ups or direct advertising, please.  Please visit some of the other blogs and get some great inspiration.  Thanks.:)
Now let's see your beautiful homes!

28 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Your creepy hand is just the cutest. Sounds like a fun party. I will mark the calendar. Thanks for hosting. Hugs, Marty

Bella Vista Cottage said...

The hands are so much fun, Sherry. I am grinning :-)

Thanks for hosting. Looking forward to the Oct. Party.

Barb

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

Looks like you've been having fun Sherry! The new version is great! Your October party should be lots of fun too!

Shelia said...

OOO, I'm skert! :O Your creepy hand really is cute! Thanks always for hosting your party!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Honey at 2805 said...

Your invitation is so clever! Thanks Sherry for always being a gracious hostess!

Little Moos and My Creative Pink. said...

Those are just creepy!! (in a good-creepy sorta way!)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Sherry, those hands are creepy and cute at the same time. Thanks for hosting.

Natasha in Oz said...

Your party sounds fun! I will have to see what I can find.

Thanks so much for having me today. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Best wishes,
Natasha.

Ginger Zuck said...

What beautiful features you had last week! Thanks for hosting and sharing. Love them all.

rosarod said...

Hi Sherry, I love several things that you put on your blog. The hand looks really "creepy", but it is a creative work that is worth admiring. I am in love with flounced skirt is beautiful! and the crown of snails, Greetings, Rose Marie

Lakeshore Cottage Living said...

Those witchy hands are a real HOOT! Get it? lol They are so creative and fun. Great job. Thank you for hosting!

Sylvia said...

Oh, sweet Sherry ,
Thank you so much for featuring my post ! I am honored ; you make my special grandma's gift even more significant ! You know I love your party and it has been always a pleasure to be a part of it. I enjoy your today creative post and invitation.Keep the energy up !

Faye ~ Wild Rose Vintage said...

They are excellent creepy hands!!!
Thanks for hosting!
Faye

bj said...

You are always so fun...:)
I can't wait for the 13th...
Thanks so much for hosting.
xo bj

Confessions of a Plate Addict said...

Gotta love those creepy witch hands, Sherry! I'm putting your open house on my calendar! Happy week!...hugs...Debbie

ReFresh ReStyle said...

Love the hands! Thanks for hosting!
Debbie

Nancy said...

Love the witches hands, Sherry! I am so excited to be welcoming Fall.

Thank you for hosting,

Nancy

Suffia said...

creepy but creative. Thanks for hosting. Wish you a wonderful weekend.

Diann said...

Okay Sherry, you get the best creepy hand award! LOL thank for hosting. I will grab your Fall party button and add it to my sidebar.

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

I LOVE the creepy hands!!! Fantastic!Thanks for hosting! :)

Karen said...

Hi Sherry!

I love your witch hand! I wish I could sew :( Looking forward to the party! In the meantime... There's lots of good ideas here today!

Karen

Debra @ Common Ground said...

Ha ha, love those witchy-poo fingers, great idea! thanks so much for linking up with VIF, too!!xoxo Debra

Pamela said...

I can not wait! Love the witchy fingers! They are too cute! Wish I had something to share this week. I need to go and look.....

luisa said...

Hi Sherry,sorry for my english please.But it had to leave a coment.Your blog is beautiful and it inspires me.I´from Argentina.Thank you for sharing these images.
I invite you to my blog,I like to make friends!!ADIOS!!

Shirley said...

Amazing, now you should do a witches boot..haha...witches are so cool...
Love the coloring..witches green..

⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜@ Debbiedoos blogging and blabbing said...

Sherry I love your creepy hand LOL...Halloween and spooky are my fav!~ We just went to our local amusement park, turned haunted house, and I did noting but scream, it was great!

The Tablescaper said...

Just too creepy....Yikes!

Great to have you be a part of Seasonal Sundays.

- The Tablescaper

Katty's cosy cove said...

Hi Sherry,
Thank you so much for featuring my post- I am honored. Thank you for hosting.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails