Sunday, July 24, 2011

Magical Mermaid

I found this little cast iron beauty on my seaside vacation to St. Augustine.  She was in this wonderful antique shop full of nautical things.  She is a copy and very cheap, I think it was $4.  I decided to shabby her up a little so she would be a little softer.

  I at first spray painted her, glazed her, and sanded her up a bit.  But, this looked so harsh.

I then used a watered down gesso and it softened the mermaid up just right.  
Thanks for coming by!

I will link to:
Metamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch
Amaze Me Monday  at Dittle Dattle
Mod Mix Monday at Mod Vintage Life
White Wednesday  Faded Charm


Shelia said...

She's beautiful, Sherry! I'm sure she's very magical now! :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Olga said...

She is so lovely.

Marydon said...

Oh, Sherry! She's lovely & so much more romantic.
Have a great week ~

Blondie's Journal said...

I love what you did to the mermaid, Sherry. It looks so pretty!


Barb~Bella Vista Cottage said...

Just lovely, Sherry. Makes me smile.

Barb ♥

The Old Block House said...

She is quite lovely.

Debbie said...

I liked her before, but I love her all "shabbied" up.

poppilinnstudios said...

Love her makeover!

Sarah said...

Sherry, your little mermaid is charming. She would have jumped in my bag had I been there. Thanks for sharing. ~ Sarah

Patti's Artful Design said...

I like your softened mermaid...she turned out lovely:)!

Sandi said...

She sure is pretty now!! You did a great job and she looks so much better. Happy WW!

Nita {ModVintageLife} said...

Oh...yes....she's so much better shabbied up! Thanks for linking up at Mod Mix Monday!

Lexie said...

Beauitful-if your ever in Monterey CA go to the del monte shopping center, its a beauitful outdoor shopping area-one shop has many of these in different sizes, i was able to pick up a 4 foot mermaid for only 15.99 and many smaller sizes and colors. I like what you did with yours.


Related Posts with Thumbnails