Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Bringing the Beach Home

I am bringing a bit more beach decor into my decorating for summer.  This vintage poster makes great beachy art for the wall.  

I styled this thrift store mirror into a tray.  You can view that post here.

This isn't my birdcage, I found it on Pintrest  If you haven't discovered Pintrest it is a virtual inspiration board for all things pretty.  I have a link on my sidebar if you would like to join.  I found this birdcage there and this a new idea I would like to try for summer.
What new decorating are you trying for summer? 
Sherry

9 comments:

Sunny Simple Life said...

Oh that bird house with the lights in it is perfect.

Olive said...

Sherry, I love the framed island poster. It takes me away to the islands. makes me wish I was on a cruise. ♥O

La said...

There is something about beach themed decor that makes me feel totally at peace. I love your vignette.

Red Couch Recipes said...

Love the poster and the tray -- the bird house would be so fun during the day and night. I am trying for a patriotic look on my deck, which we dine at often, but other colors keep on making their way in...sigh. Joni

Blondie's Journal said...

I think mirrors are one of the best things to display vignettes on...yours is very pretty and beachy, as is your print! Love the birdcage image, I'd love one of those!

XO,
Jane

Jacqueline~Cabin and Cottage said...

I love your travel poster! A great summer decor. And candles on your mirror tray look super. I wish I had that birdcage! So so pretty!

Debbiedoos said...

Very pretty Sherry.

Betty said...

I just love your decor. I am trying to add a sea theme throughout our home, but just a touch of it. You inspired me to what can be done with just a few things.

Debbie said...

I like the way you used the mirror. I HAD one like that but it's not here anymore. I'm positive of that because I cleaned out for a recent garage sale. I wonder what in the world has become of it?

And thanks for that inspiration site. I need inspiration. (That's why I like this blog. I get a lot of it!)