Monday, December 20, 2010

Wreath Makeover with Frames

I made a Christmas wreath that centered around these two little frames.  I found the frames at the thrift store, they were half price and I thought they would work nicely.  I took the backing off and spray painted them white.
I then highlighted the design on them with Rub'N Buff in Grecian Gold.  This product is made for frames but it works for many craft applications.

I glued them nested together and then hung them from the center of the wreath.   I took the top of the wreath and added two picks and placed a new ribbon over that.  Very simple and inexpensive.
 The wreath I already had.  I bought the frames for 75 cents for both.  I had the Rub 'N Buff and the spray paint from other projects.  I also had the Christmas greenery picks form a previous year.  So, I had 75 cents in this wreath.
I will join these thrifty ladies, go and visit them.
2nd Time Around  at A Picture is Worth 1,000 Words
Twice Owned Tuesday  at House of Grace
Before and After Party at Savvy Southern Style
White Wednesday at Faded Charm


Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Hi Sherry, Great idea and they look fabulous!
Happy Holidays,

Heaven's Walk - said...

Love the idea of nesting those frames, Sherry! Very clever! Looks great on that wreath. :) Merry Christmastide!

xoxo laurie

Grannys Attic said...

What a great idea and your wreath is beautiful. Blessing and Merry Christmas, Vicky

Petite Michelle Louise said...

wow..what beautiful transformations! I love this! TFS and happy WW!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Such a cute idea. Thanks for sharing this at my party.

Daphne Nicole & Lynda Cade said...

How adorable... thanks for sharing!!!
Merry Christmas~~ Daphne

xinex said...

Very pretty and I love the originality!...Christine


Looks fantastic! So very clever and the price was certainly right.

Happy WW,

Terry said...

Love this idea. It would even be neat to have sheet music in the center of the oval one. Terry

santamaker said...

Oh, what a great look! wonderful idea!

Roselle said...

Beautiful transformation! I love upcycling and you found a great way to do that. Happy holidays to you and yours. Hopping over from WW.


Related Posts with Thumbnails