Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Nostalgic Gift Tags

I thought I would create some gift tags this year for presents instead of buying them.  I took old family photos and printed them out in sepia for the tag.  Here's how I did it.
You will need:
CD of old family photos
Photo editing program (I use Picasa-it's free.)
Card stock

paper hole punch
ribbon 
scissors 

I placed a CD of old family photos in my computer and I opened it up.

You pick out a picture .

Then, I edited it in Picasa or whatever program you are using.

I made my photo sepia, cropped, sharpened, and added a name.

I then hit print.  In print, I choose "shrink to fit", wallet-size, and then print.


I then cut my tag out, placed a hole in it, the tied on the ribbon.

The tag is now ready for a package.

These also make great place cards for the Christmas table.  I showed how I made the ornament place card holders here.
Holly Bloggy Craft Linky  at Craft Envy
Before and After Party at Savvy Southern Style
Whatever Goes Wednesday at Someday Crafts
Show and Tell Wednesday at Blue Cricket Design
Please join these great ladies for more great ideas.
 Sherry

12 comments:

Kathy said...

This is just a wonderful idea -How nice -I would love to have a family photo tied one of my packages ;-) Thank you for sharing your idea

Atelier de Charo said...

So creative idea! Thanks for sharing!!!

Blessings
Charo

Pam said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing that. Now I'll have more unique tags than the stick on variety!

Bloggymom said...

Neat idea!!

Sandi (Meme) said...

I did this with just regular photos a few years go. The grands loved it because even those who couldn't read knew which gifts were theirs! I love the idea of the vintage photos- I always have plenty of those!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Those are such a great idea. Great tutorial. Thanks so much for sharing this idea.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love this idea! And it's something we would all enjoy! Happy holidays! ♥

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Sherry, This is one of the best ideas for Christmas I have seen this year.
Your family will be wild with appreciation! I don't have time this year, but you can bet I'll be collecting pictures all year long and stashing newly made gift tags.

I can see that these would be so fun for father's and mother's day, anniversaries etc.
This is a real winner!
Thanks for the brilliance!
Yvonne

Tyla said...

Very sweet idea. Thanks for sharing.

Honey at 2805 said...

Sherry, This is one of the sweetest ideas I've seen. Love it and am borrowing it! I am lucky enough to have a large collection of vintage family photos. Thanks for sharing your idea.

Shaunna said...

Sherry, this is wonderful!! I'm sharing this over at my blog today...hope that's ok. We normally print photos, but I love the older, more nostalgic notion and adding the type brings some art to the pieces....LOVELY! found you through Kim's btb party features this morning...so glad I did. -shaunna :)

Lori said...

How did I miss this one. I saw it on Kim's featured posts. Great tutorial by the way.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails