Monday, December 13, 2010

Nativity Party

I am happy to join Lynn today at her site Happier Than a Pig in Mud for her Nativity Party.  This our nativity.  It is very humble, not any brand that I know of but I really like the pastel colors.

My son brought home a really neat library book the other day from school.  I thought I would show it.  It is called The Christmas Miracle of Jonathan ToomeyThe story is as sweet as the illustrations.

Story synopsis: When a broken hearted boy loses the treasured wooden nativity set that links him to his dead father, his worried mother persuades a lonely ill-tempered woodcarver to create a replacement, and to allow her son to watch him work on it. The commission takes their relationship to unexpected places as the young client makes greater and more difficult demands of the woodcarver's ability, and as Christmas approaches, the three struggle to come to terms with each other, their painful memories and the process of putting their unhappiness behind them. 
I enjoyed how the story centered around the carving of the nativity.  I thought you might enjoy it too.  
Go and visit Lynn and view some more nativities.
I will also join Tabletop Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life
Go and visit her too.
Sherry

19 comments:

Pat said...

Beautiful nativity set, Sherry.

This sounds like a wonderful book.

Princesa Nadie said...

Your Nativity is really precious and that book is lovely with that pretty history
I have enjoyed visiting you
Love

La said...

Hi Sherry.

Your Nativity looks like one of mine. My mother bought it from Home Interiors many years ago. I will be sharing mine at Lynn's tomorrow.

Merry Christmas! La

Debbie said...

So pretty Sherry.....I missed this party, and it so happens I have a post waiting with a new nativity scene...oh well. Happy Holidays!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Your Nativity set is stunning. I love it. So many beautiful figures and animals. It is simply perfect. The book sounds amazing. I will have to look for it. Thanks so much for linking to TTT. Hugs, Marty

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

We have this book and I love it! Such a sweet story.

Jocelyn
http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com/

♥ Sonny ♥ said...

Its so pretty and sweet..
I love the book photos too..

Sailing Simply said...

Your nativity is so pretty! That books sounds very wonderful. I will have to see if I can check it out soon. Thanks for the lead!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

What a fun post Sherry! Lovin' the picture of the boy on the cover in total concentration and determination! Your nativity is so cute, I look forward to adding a manger to mine:@)

Thoughtfully blended hearts said...

Beautiful...and that books looks like such a great one!!!

Pam said...

Your nativity set is so pretty. I like the muted colors. Thanks for the tip on the book. I'll have to look for it for my son!

Olive Cooper said...

Your pastel Nativity is beautiful. Merry Christmas!

Linda @ A La Carte said...

I love your Nativity! Those colors are so pretty!!

Red Couch Recipes said...

Sherry, how fun it was to get your package today! If you have seen my oven mit and other Christmas linens, you would know how much I appreciated the new ones. The book is such a fun read. I escaped to my room for a few minutes to read it...lots of great ideas. Love the sweet candle and candly ring too. I have seen this book before it is sweet as well as your nativity. Joni

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Sherry! LOVE your beautiful nativity set, and am very intrigued with the Christmas story you speak of! I will have to keep an eye open for this book!.. and I agree, the illustrations are lovely!... Wishing you blessings and lots of holiday fun as the big day gets closer and closer! ~tina

Atelier de Charo said...

Love your lovely Nativity! The book has wonderful illustrations!

hugs
Charo

Bonnie@Creative Decorating said...

What a wonderful story to share with our children and others! The perfect reason for the season!

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

Your nativity is simple and elegant...I love the more subtle colors. That book looks wonderful...I am so over-the-moon about books. This looks like one I need to add to my collection for the grands :)

CHRISTmas Blessings!
Gail

Nellie's Cozy place said...

Love your nativity set, I think it might be from
Home Interiors and Gifts. Mine is just like yours in some ways, but a few of your pcs. are a lil different, probably depends on the year it was made. I used to be a displayer for them and got mine over 30 yrs. ago, but still have it, but have lost one wiseman to breakage, unfortunately!!
Did your stall come with it??? I had to buy one
to go with mine.
May your Christmas be a Joyous one,
Blessings, Nellie

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails