Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Hot Chocolate Station

If snow is in your forecast for Christmas, your plans may also include sledding with the kiddos over Christmas break.  Here I have set up a hot chocolate station for a break when the sledding gets too cold.

  I have a tea cozy made of wool over my teapot.

I was going to do a Christmas table with this Christmas pattern of British Castles by Johnson Brothers but, I saw these dishes on many tables this month so I decided to do this instead.

The food on my table includes:
Nonnie's Biscotti
Land O' Lakes individual flavored hot chocolates
Ashby's Christmas Spice tea (it is cranberry orange flavored)
Spearmint sticks
Strawberry sticks
Cinnamon sticks
I will link to:
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch
Foodie Friday at Designs by Gollum
Visit these site for many more tablescapes and food ideas.


marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh Yum Sherry!!!! This is such a fabulous idea and I sure wish I was there for a cup right now. Beautiful dishes and the vignette looks so pretty. I hope you and your family have a very Blessed Christmas. Hugs, Marty

Red Couch Recipes said...

Sherry, your hot chocolate station is sooo nice! Can I come over. That tea cozy is so festive! I have a station too -- love it! I hope you have the Merriest Christmas. Joni

Kathy said...

Oh I love this idea -the cozy is so pretty :-)

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Very pretty Sherry! Lovin' the J-Bro and your tea cozy is so cute! Merry Christmas:@)

Blondie's Journal said...

It all looks delicious, Sherry! I love the pretty dishes...I have long wanted a set, but yes, I do see them around a lot. Love your tea cozy!

Happy Holidays!


⚜ ↁℯℬℬᴵℰ⚜ said...

That is fabulous Sherry. My boys love hot chocolate!

Martha said...

There is nothing like hot cocoa/chocolate on a cold winter day -- and I'm a marshmallow girl -- that's the only reason for hot chocolate!

Debbie @ said...

Very nice. I like this idea and would like to do this in my kitchen somewhere. You have a beautiful table set and ready for company.

rosarod said...

Hi Sherry, thanks for your visit and your comments. I thought tickets always great, this also. Great idea, seeing it all so well organized as you, and all delicacies available I am sure that your children will enjoy, besides that has always inspired me greatly! blessings, Rose Marie

Marlis said...

I am in love with your sled. It's really amazing. What a great idea for a cold day. Thanks.. Merry Christmas.

Shirley said...

Really cute idea. I LOVE hot chocolate in the winter!!

chandelier magic said...

A Hot Chocolate Station - What a Great Idea!
I think I want one on the kitchen counter all through the winter.
Thank You!

Debbie said...

I'm crazy about that teapot cozy! I noticed it right away. Then, to have it set on that sled, it was just perfect. Love this whole table and especially the idea of a hot chocolate party.

Merry Christmas!!

Yellow Rose Arbor said...

This is a great idea! That wool tea cozy is so neat!

Have a wonderful Christmas celebration!


Jacqueline said...

What a warm and inviting station with so many goodies. I want to be there too. I adore your tea cozy, it looks like a gorgeous wool hat that someone took off when they came in from the cold. Such a fun combination of treats. I am going to have to try this. We have a cabin and always have hot cocoa and whipped cream but I haven't done nearly enough. Have a marvelous Christmas.

Cozy Home Scenes said...

I love hot chocolate even in the warmer months, so I think your little set up is a great idea. Love the tea cozy. Never seen one that looks like a sweater, but yours is too cute! Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

Paige @ The Wandering Cottage said...

Very cute! We have been sledding and having hot chocolate a lot around here!

Donnie said...

What a beautiful table you have made. I loved your idea of a hot chocolate station. Have a Merry Christmas.

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

What a lovely station for serving warm drinks! I LOVE that wool cozy!

Merry CHRISTmas!

Kay Ellen said...

Wonderful Setting!! Love your dishes!!

Merry Christmas and Tablescape Thursday:))

Blessings to you,
Kay Ellen

Alycia Nichols said...

Makes me want hot chocolate right now! There's a rain/snow mix going on outside, and it's the perfect remedy for the have-to-stay-inside blues! Have a Happy Christmas!!!

Gray Cardigan said...

What a great idea! I'm going to be starting a new tradition next year of hosting my husband's family for Christmas Eve Brunch. I am putting this with my ideas. Thanks for sharing!!

Honey at 2805 said...

Hot Chocolate is always so inviting, and especially so when it's in as lovely a setting as this! Merry Christmas!

Entertaining Women said...

The tea cozy is precious! Looks like a ski sweater for a tea pot! Always love the British Pink Castles, and they are wonderful for your chocolate station. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Happy New Year! Cherry Kay


Related Posts with Thumbnails