Friday, November 12, 2010

A Child's Book of Prayers

I have this little "Child's Book of Prayers" I wanted to share for Pink Saturday.  

 Here is the author and the illustrator is Masha.  Little is know about the illustrator, she/he is sort of a mystery but the illustrations are why this book appeals to me so.

The illustrations have these very unusual ethereal colors and the candles or the halos have a gilding on them that shimmer.
The colors are softer and faded but they remind me of the unusual colors you see during a beautiful sunset.  
This illustration went with a prayer of thanks.  
Father , We Thank Thee...
For this new morning with it's light,
Father, we thank Thee,
For rest and shelter of the night,
Father, we thank Thee,
For health and food, for love and friends,
For everything thy goodness sends, 
Father in heaven, we thank Thee.
 ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I will join Beverly for Pink Saturday at her site How Sweet the Sound.

 I will join Joni at Red Couch Recipes for the Thanksgiving Challenge.  I will put at the end of every post till Thanksgiving what I am thankful for.  I am thankful for the color pink.  It is my favorite color!  It is said to symbolize joy and happiness.  It makes me happy to look at it.  That is why I choose these pink roses for my button.

15 comments:

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Sherry,
The book is just adorable and I love the soft colours! I too love the colour pink. Thanks for sharing and Happy Pink weekend to you.

Blessings,
Sandi

Shelia said...

Oh, the little prayer book is gorgeous!! What a beautiful illustration!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Kristen White said...

What a precious little book! The illustrations are beautiful...love the soft colors.
Kristen

Atelier de Charo said...

So wonderful book with amazing ilustrations!

Happy Pink Saturday!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Cute book Sherry! Love your sunset and rose photos too! Have a great weekend:@)

Carol at Serendipity said...

Sherry,
The book is precious. The illustrations are very Tasha Tudorish!

Happy Pink Saturday!
Carol

NanE said...

Happy PINK Saturday! Oh my stars, what an incredible little book. I love those illustrations, they have a real Tasha Tudor feel to them. Thank you so much for sharing this today, blessings, Nan

Amy Kinser said...

What a sweet little book. I love things like this and how special they are.

Holly said...

What a charming book!! Thank you for sharing it and the beautiful pictures. I too am thankful for pink - it is such a happy color.
HPS

Cabin and Cottage said...

As you know, I'm crazy for children's books too! This one has such gorgeous illustrations! Happy Pink! Jacqueline

Diann said...

That prayer book is so precious!

Cozy Home Scenes said...

Those soft colors are very unusual for these type of prayer books, but the pictures are indeed very, very pretty. Thanks for sharing your beautiful book with us for Pink Saturday!

~~Carol~~ said...

I agree with the others who say that these illustrations are very Tasha Tudor-esque! They're so sweet and serene. What a great little treasure you have there!
Happy Pink Saturday!
Carol

Donnie said...

Love all your pinks especially the illustrations. Happy Pink Saturday.

Carmie of the Single Nester said...

What a gorgeous book!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails