Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Heart of The Home Party

I am happy to join Shelia today at her site Note Songs for a Kitchen Party.  Be it ever so humble this is my kitchen at home.    

Funny thing was I was getting ready to take these pictures; everyone got up late ( it was Saturday), and everyone's reaction was the same, "Why is the kitchen so clean?" LOL  Trying to depersonalize it a little, I took magnets off of the fridge, calendar down, etc.  

 I really don't have a lot of decorations in this room.  I just mainly come in here to work.

I did bring that pumpkin topiary in and put it on my window ledge above my sink so I could enjoy it.

 I gilded the pumpkins with gold spray paint.  I just sprayed it on and wiped it off real fast and it gilds your pumpkins.  Very easy.

We built an addition two years ago and the best thing about my kitchen is the view.  I can now see the TV and what everyone is up to in the main living area while I'm out cooking.

 This is the kitchen table and the other view out into that living area.  I am looking for new lantern light fixtures in a black or ORB for the kitchen the brass ones need to go.  So it is a work in progress.  Someday it will get a facelift.
 Go over and join Shelia to visit other kitchens.  I am sure I could get some ideas for a makeover for my kitchen at this party!


Natasha said...

I love your kitchen and it really does look like it is the heart of your home! I love the views you get into the other parts of your home!

Best wishes,

Marydon said...

Sherry you kitchen is just lovely ... & your colors & accents are beautiful, very welcoming.
Have a great eve ~
TTFN ~ Marydon

Debbie said...

I cracked up at the comment from your kids. My kids say stuff like that too...Your kitchen is very warm and welcoming...and CLEAN!!~

sissie said...

Hi Sherry,
Thanks for showing us your lovely kitchen. I had to clean mine up too before photos! LOL!
You are so funny saying, "you go in there to work!"
The pumpkin guilding is a wonderful idea and I might have to try it!


La said...

I like how your kitchen opens into the family room. Sometimes I feel like I'm missing a lot when I'm cooking. La

bj said...

ahhh...I like your kitchen and the openness of it.
I have no decorations on my counters...like you, I go in there to work..lol

Debbie said...

I'm like the commenter above in that I think it would be wonderful to have a kitchen open up to the family room. I really love how yours opens up at the sink. It has the best of both worlds because you can enjoy the view from your kitchen but not the mess of the kitchen( um... if you ever had one...) from the family room.
I love that!

I have been waiting for this party to come around because I really want to redo my kitchen and I was hoping to get inspiration from REAL kitchens.

I'm taking it all in and taking notes.

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

A kitchen is for working or cooking, baking, etc. and yours is charming. I took magnets and things down too. Nothing like photo styling.

Splurgie said...

Pretty kitchen! I like your objects over the cabinets ... what a great way to display your favorite pieces.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Love your kitchen. It has such wonderful cabinet and counter space. How neat to have it open to the living room also. I really like that. Your cabinet top displays are wonderful. Great kitchen. Hugs, Marty

Kathy said...

Very pretty I love your autumn decorations

Allison Shops said...

I like the window opening into the next room. Easy to not feel left out! Your pumpkin topiary is very pretty. I hope you'll drop by Atticmag and see our kitchens - it's a three for one!


SmilingSally said...

Hi Sherry,

I love your kitchen, especially sit-down counter!

Check out my book giveaways.

shannon i olson said...

your kitchen is wonderful and I love your header photo! The shelf above the cupboards is great storage, wish I had one.

Kim said...

I'm just like you--I don't like a lot of things on my counters. AND, my family always wants to know "what's up" if it's really clean :). Seriously, this looks very welcoming, I really like your gilded pumpkin, I need to look for a spot to put one of those. Blessings, Kim

Mary Ellen said...

Such a sweet kitchen! With my kitchen being a very old one I don't have that ability to see the rest of the family when I am working which I do miss!

I do love that pretty topiary your have

Lavender Cottage said...

You have a nice work area in your kitchen, everything close at hand.
The colours and accent pieces make it look like a cozy place to be.

Olive Cooper said...

You are a very good blogger in that you cleaned your kitchen. It is sparkly and lovely. I did not and it is what it is. Your gilded pumpkin is beautiful. olive

Jane said...

I really like that pumpkin topiary! Your kitchen looks like a wonderful, warm place to work and prepare meals for your Family!

Sandy said...

Great kitchen and I love the way you can be part of the family gatherings from the kitchen. You did a wonderful job on the topiary, another great ideal.

Shelia said...

Hi Sherry! Oh, what a lovely kitchen you have!! I love your opening into your family room. Another space to decorate! Now, I am giggling about what your kids said! We always clean up for company! :)
Thank you so much Sherry for sharing your kitchen with us!
You are a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Liz said...

What a nice sized kitchen! Lots of great work space. I would love to have all the counter space! I love all your fall decor. :)


Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Such a pretty kitchen -- love all your autumn touches.

Life with L said...

Cute kitchen you have. You are lucky to have all of the counter space. Enjoy! Linda

Atelier de Charo said...

Very pretty kitchen! Love the little shelves!


Wsprsweetly Of Cottages said...

Your kitchen is cozy and I love the FALL touches...SO pretty!

artis1111 said...

Loveing your kitchen and the pumpkins .Kathy

Susan said...

What a sweet little kitchen. I love how you have an opening "window" out into the rest of the house. What a sweet idea. And your autumn accents are just perfect. I love fall. :-)

Thank you so much for sharing your photos!


Sailing Simply said...

Ah, but I see lots of decorations on top of your cabinets! So nice to have that space for decor and yours looks great! I know you are enjoying that open space now, it's great! I also really love that adorable pumpkin topiary you made! Great job!

Charli and me said...

What a pretty kitchen! Your decorations are all so beautiful. Lovely, lovely kitchen!!!

Valerie@travelingthrough2 said...

Very nice kitchen and very clean! The view is great too. Thanks for having us over.

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I really love the window over the sink and that topiary is perfect sitting there. You only go to your kitchen to work? I seem to be in mine all day long!

Christie said...

Coming over from the 'Heart of the HOme' party! Your kitchen is just lovely and a how great to see that TV! Three Pixie Lane

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Sherry, I saw so many interesting treasures on top of your cabinets. I wanted a close up of all of them. Your kitchen is so pretty. You already know that I love your gilded pumpkin topiary, and what a great idea to put that opening into the family room. I'm still laughing about your family members asking why the kitchen was so clean! laurie

Jenny said...

I love your kitchen, and would love to see more close-ups of some of the pretty things I see in there. The space is so warm and inviting. Love it!

I've linked up on Note Songs as well - feel free to check my blog out at www.simcoestreet.blogspot.com

Love your blog!



Related Posts with Thumbnails