Sunday, October 24, 2010

Autumn Bliss

Every leaf speaks bliss to me,
Fluttering from the autumn tree.
Emily Bronte

October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
George Cooper

 One of my favorite metamorphosis of the year is when trees show their true colors.

 The song True Colors originally released by Cyndi Lauper in 1986 has been recently used on a popular American TV show Glee.  Glee is a show about a high school Glee club and the competitions and comedy-drama that ensues.   The Glee version is really nice, I just have to sing with it.

 Please go over and visit these sites for more inspiration.
I will link to:
Sunday Song  at 5 Minutes Just for Me
Seasonal Sundays  at The Tablescaper
Meteamorphosis Monday at Between Naps on the Porch 
Outdoor Wednesday  at A Southern Daydreamer 


Loui♥ said...

what an Awesome Autumn Post!!
not only were your photos captivating...
but the poetry fit perfectly!
warmest sandy hugs..

La said...

I love the way you captured the lone leaf floating on the water.

Have a great week! La

Blondie's Journal said...

Your pictures are beautiful! I love the poems, too.

Would you believe I am probably the only person in the world that has not seen Glee? I really liked hearing the song though!


Marlis said...

OOh love your leaves. Your pictures and the poems are so perfectly indicative of this great season. Oh I haven't see Glee either!

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Your pics are all great, beautiful colors! I love the lone leaf shot too:@)

Natasha said...

This was such a beautiful and reflective post, Sherry. The images are I wish it was Fall over here all over again!

I must confess that I am like Jane and have also not watched Glee. I am too addicted to blogging to find the time to watch TV these days!

Thanks so much for joining in with Sunday Song and linking up this lovely post!

Bets wishes always,

The Tablescaper said...

Love, love, love this post. I have so been wanting to get out and take some photos of this amazing season and just haven't had the time. Yours capture it so beautifully. The poetry that accompanies is just perfect.

Thanks so much for being a part of Seasonal Sunday!

- The Tablescaper

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Great colors and photos. Thanks for sharing your fall colors.

Debbie said...

Well that sure was inspirational. What beautiful photography.

Rachel said...

I must confess, I am very jealous of your fall foliage! I live in Florida and there are no reds, oranges or browns in my trees... just palms and coconuts :) Beautiful photos!

Kelly @ JAX does design said...

Beautiful pictures :-) It's too bad the autumn colours can't last all the way through the winter!


Amy Kinser said...

These photos are fantastic. God's artwork is incredible.

evcilik said...

Hello dear Sherry,
You have a wonderfull blog and always nıce photos..
I visiting you alldays,because ist lıke a decoratıon magasine..
Thanks for your visit on my blog,I'm really glad for your comment.
Sorry my Englisch isn't so good,I hope that you can me understand..
Greatings from Turkey,

Tracy F. said...

Just found your blog! I'm enjoying all the pretty pictures of your charming home. :-)

Willow said...

What beautiful pictures you have taken. I wished I had that talent.


LindyLouMac said...

Calling by from Italy via Sunday Song what gorgeous autumnal photos and I love Glee :)

rosarod said...

Hi Sherry, what beautiful pictures of this season! its color is inspiring, thank you for your beautiful post. Blessings Rose Marie

Jane said...

Your fall photography is breathtaking! Love the poem, too.

Pat said...

Sherry these images are gorgeous!!

Melody said...

What a pretty fall you all are having. Here in Southern Ohio we are in severe drought conditions. We are over 8" below in rain fall. Our fall leaves went from gold to brown to fallen down. :(

xinex said...

Amazingly gorgeous photos, Sherry! Thanks for sharing them...Christine

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

This is a beautiful post, Sherry! I love the poem and the photos are spectacular! Thank you for sharing.

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi Sherry: What amazing pictures you took! I love how fall colors look. Have a wonderful week dear friend. Blessings, Martha

Olive Cooper said...

Your leaves are splendid!

Linda said...

Beautiful colors on all the trees! Great post!

Carol at Serendipity said...

What a beautiful blog. Your photography is just gorgeous.


She Uses Her Words said...

I came over from Outdoor Wednesday and have really enjoyed your photographs. I love the shot of the red berries! Autumn is my favorite time of year. I'm becoming a follower.
take care, Karen

Donnie said...

Those were beautiful Fall photos. I'm glad I got to see them. Happy Outdoor Wednesday.


Related Posts with Thumbnails