Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Fall Nesting

Today I am joining Melissa over at The Inspired Room for her Fall Nesting Party.  I LOVE fall!  So this was a really easy post for me to put together.  I just took some fall highlights from what I have been up to for the last month.  This Apple Crumb pie I made last night.  I will show you how to make it on Friday.

I first got the fall bug at the end of July.  Ya, I sometimes listen to Christmas music in October too.  My theory is, it goes by so fast sometimes it never hurts to enjoy it early.  This was my first fall inspired tablescape. 

There are actually leaves on this table starting to turn in July.  That is my inspiration!  Mother Nature herself.

Then I did the normal seasonal change.  I hung up a new wreath.

Then I decided to hang a new grouping of vintage advertising pages in the kitchen that had a harvest theme.
The colors in the tablescapes just keep getting warmer to reflect the end of summer and beginning of fall.

Just a peak at this one.  I don't want to spoil the Barnyard Bash Party on Friday.

And of course I am eagerly awaiting October!  And all of the drama is in lighting so I transformed a candelabra.  I can't wait to show you what I plan to do with that in October.

Here is a spoiler.  Lighting = Drama.  Need I say more.  Again, until October!  This was a test shot.  The chain isn't even all the way spray painted!

This was just the byproduct of moving things around.  I thought it had good composition so I snapped a picture.

Here is what I was really arranging.  

Again, here is a peak at another post.  Lanterns are wonderful.

Fall is a great time for bringing the outside in.   Seriously, I get a lot of inspiration from all of you!  There are some amazing talented gals having fun on these blogs.  I often regret I don't go and comment as much as I would like and in not doing that I miss out on a lot of wonderful things you are up to.  But, I try as hard as I can with the children and work to put forth a good effort to visit you all at some point.  What are you doing to nest for fall?  Tell me what wonderful things you are up to and I will pop over and soak up all of the fall inspiring goodness!  

I will link to:
Fall Nesting Party at The Inspired Room
Vignette Fridays at Color Outside the Lines
Please go over and check out the inspiring things going on at these blogs.

29 comments:

sissie said...

Your fall decor is looking stunning! I just love your vingettes, floral arrangements and the fall pictures.

hugs
Sissie

Amy Kinser said...

I love what you have done so far. Your artwork is great. Love that big picture.

Rustique Art said...

Just found your blog...it's lovely! This post has inspired me to get on the move and decorate for fall!

Cindi @ rustiqueartblog.com

Q @ JAQS said...

Lovely pictures. Autumn is the best season - not too hot, not too cold, burst of gorgeous colors.
Thanks for sharing!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Your fall arrangements are great. I get inspiration from all the great bloggers, too. You used a lantern a lot like the way I did mine last year.

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

Everything looks wonderful. I even have out a few Halloween things...they were in the same boxes with the fall stuff, so I just put them out early. They make me smile!

I love what you did with the lantern...I have one on the deck...hmmm, thinking!

Lori said...

I just bought two of those plates! the rooster one. Homegoods clearance, $2.00.

HoosierHomemade said...

Love the lantern! And of course, everything else too :-)
Thanks for sharing!
~Liz

Debbie @ ribbonwoodcottage.blogspot.com said...

Wow, I love all of it. Those plates are wonderful too. Loved your candleabra with the boo banner...how cute is that? Wonderful.
Blessings,
Debbie

xinex said...

Your fall decor is beautiful, Sherry. The plates are gorgeous and I love the use of twigs and the lantern...Christine

Melissa @ The Inspired Room said...

Love the mood of the dining room with the candles! So fall and cozy!! thanks for sharing and coming to the party!!

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Sherry, all your pictures are truly delightful....each one is more festive than the last! You make me even more excited for this wonderful upcoming season.

The apple crumb pie looks absolutely delish!!

Barb ♥

Bumpkin Bears said...

Such a beautiful post, so happy to have visited today and I would love a slice of the pie please :) I'm having a giveaway at my Blog if you want to hop along. Hugs, Catherine x

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

Pass me a piece of that apple crumb pie, would you? YUM! Everything looks so warm and lovely for fall. Thanks for inviting us in. :-)

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

That looks delicious! You are definitely getting me in the mood for fall!

Page@ThriftyNiftyWise said...

Thanks for stopping by! Otherwise, I wouldn't have found this fall goodness :)

Goldenberry said...

Very well decorated indeed. I especially love the wreath and the lanterns and of course the pie ! Bravo

Melissa Miller said...

Sherry everything looks gorgeous, warm and welcoming at your lovely home. I enjoyed the tour.

Happy Fall! ~Melissa :)

Karen said...

I love your taste in decorating. Enjoyed dropping by.
Karen

Vee said...

Pretty lantern and I very much like the table top done as you did even if it did just fall into place.

Debbie said...

Love it all! I'm such a fan of both black iron and the colors that you are using that it's all beautiful to me. I would want my house like that all four seasons, I think!

I really love the little lantern with the pumpkins.

Ellen said...

Oh my, pass a' pie this'a way please!! Yummy! Can not wait for that posting!! Your fall decorating is stunning, simply stunning. I love what you have done, Thanks for sharing! Very inspiring and filled with great ideas!

xoxox,
Ellen

Mimi said...

Sherry, great fall decorations, you have even used my favorite rooster pattern, Orange Rooster in a fall vignette!

PAT said...

Gorgeous Fall nesting!

niartist said...

Oh Sherry! Thanks so much for linking up to Vignette Fridays this week! I love your vignette. So beautiful and original - and most importantly: INSPIRATIONAL! I have to know where you got that candlelier for over the table ... I need two of those! :) All the best, Artie

Kristin said...

Wow was this a great post! I'm all inspired! Did I spy some SLAH goodness? I guess Willow House (or Willow Tree?) now actually...love their stuff. I think your very first tablescape was my favorite. It made me want to make a beautiful setting outdoors for dinner tonight :-). Found you from the Fall Nesting Party, and I'm glad I did! I've been doing some decorating too over at Windy Poplars. LOVE this time of year! If you're a Fall Fanatic too, you might enjoy our Fall Friendship Swap over on my blog. Today's the last day to sign up for it, and you can find details there if interested. Hope you're having a great Friday so far! Happy Weekend! ~Kristin from Windy Poplars

Richella said...

GORGEOUS Fall decor! I especially love those harvest-theme advertisements that you framed--what a great idea of something to change with the seasons. And your lantern arrangement is just beautiful.

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

This is beautiful! I am hosting a 50 dollar CSN Giveaway. Do drop by My Dream Canvas for a visit.

Lindy said...

I love all of your fall decor and your blog -- your new follower! Here from "Between Naps"!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails