Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Buzzing Bee Tablescape



A little table with some buzzing bee tableware I found at Goodwill. I am taking a French twist inspired by the tableware.
 

The centerpiece is a grouping of things that all carry the bee theme.
 
A little straw bee skep I recently found at a gift shop.
 
At the same little shop I found this tea towel hand embroidered with bees.

 
I found this little canister at TJ Maxx and I was waiting for the right table to put it on.  Never thought I would find these dishes.  Just grabbed some flowers from the garden and put a rubber band around them and popped them into the canister as if I just came from a French market. 

Here you can see the pattern better on the tableware It has a harlequin pattern in the background with all these little bees chasing lavender.
 
A little bee on the handle of the pitcher.

This platter came with the set too.  It is one of the prettiest pieces.

In keeping with the straw bee skep, I put a basket weave soup bowl with the plate.  Would serve some French peasant vegetable soup with this bread if I had more time.  

 
 And  here is the plate.  I used a natural linen as a table cloth.  The plates have chips but, it is all so cute it still has some more life in it. 

 In case you missed it, I had a virtual tea with the rest of the pieces I got with this set at Goodwill.  You could view that post here.  All of the bee tableware was $12.75.  It was made by Deb Mores and the pattern is Buzz Buzz. 
Thanks for viewing my tablescape I had fun with this bee themed set of dishes.
Don't forget I am having a CSN $45 gift certificate giveaway. Enter here.
 I will link to:
Centerpiece Wednesdays  at Style Sisters
Tablescape Thursday at Between Naps on the Porch  
Vignette Fridays at Color Outside the Lines


25 comments:

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Very pretty, I have some bee itmes on my table right now also...but I don't have any dishes....

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Cute, cute, cute! I just mentioned earlier that my Ma's name is Bea and I think I want to start collecting this theme-enjoy!

Debbie said...

I love a table with a theme, and a cute theme is even better. It ALWAYS makes me smile. Bees are a favorite (My name means "bee" after all...) I love how you brought the details to the table to keep with your theme even in subtle ways like the basket weave bowl and the fresh bunches of flowers. A bee yoo tiful job!

Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Sherry, What a darling table. Bees are my very favorite!!!! I also did a bee table for TT. YOu know what they say... Great minds think alike!
YOur bee skep is so earthy and a real treasure!!!
And your bee embroidered tea towel is perfection in the tablescape.
So well done and welcoming.
Yvonne

Donna@Conghaile Cottage said...

OMG, I'm in LOVE with that dinnerware... Good thing you beat me to GW or I would be showing it off, hehe...
Hugs, Donna

Red Couch Recipes said...

Sherry, I am very slowly trying to find some bee things because after all I live in Utah, the beehive state. You found some great bee stuff and put it all together so nicely. Joni

Style Sisters said...

HOw cute is this whole tablescape!! Love the bees and the metal tin. The beehive is fabulous! Thanks for linking up to Centerpiece Wed.

Karin

Susiet said...

Your bee themed tablescape is lovely. The tea towel and bee skep are beautifully displayed. I also love the little bees "buzzing" around on the tableware. Very well done! ~Susie

A Toile Tale said...

Honestly!!! My Goodwill never has precious stuff like this. You scored! It looks so cute on your table.

Atelier de Charo said...

Love the Bee theme! Very pretty

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

What a very fun set of dishes! And they are so cute too. I love the embroidered tea towel. So darling!
You've put together a very sweet table!

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

What wonderful finds. I love your table. Everything is so pretty the way you have put it together. Beautifully done. Hugs, Marty

fionasmosaic said...

What a sweet set of dishes! I love the bee theme! Considering how busy we all are in our daily lives that is just perfect!

God bless!

rosarod said...

Hello Sherry, beautiful table setting! as always you have an "artistic eye for these things." I love how everything has been so co-ordinated napkins Bee with its detail, the dishes, let alone is beautiful and every detail. Very nice everything! Rose Marie blessings

Nancy said...

Sherry, I just love the bee theme! Your dishes are great, what a find! I love the little bee skep...been looking for one here myself.

Nancy

Mimi said...

What an enchanting table...I love the plates with the little bees.
Have a great weekend, Sherry.

Ellen said...

Buzzing by to say hi! The bees are just to adorable and todays table setting is such a great french twist.

xoxox,
Ellen

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

I still can't get over what a great buy you got on the bee things. Your table turned out so cute...I love the pitcher.

Marlis said...

OOOh I think those plates are too cute.. can that be? too cute? Darling table.

niartist said...

Sherry I'm so glad that you decided to link this up to Vignette Fridays! I loved this tablescape, and I think that your photographs from this tablescape were beautiful and showcased your glorious collection BEE-utifully! :) Hope you'll consider playing along every week! :) Thanks so much!

All The Pretty Dishes said...

Adorable and very clever tablescape. You did a great job putting it all together.

Shelia said...

Oh, I just love this! How very Bee u ti ful!
Be a sweetie,
shelia ;)

Entertaining Women said...

You obviously got to that precious bee skep before I did, or it would be sitting on one of my tables! Great get! Your tablescape is darling. Thank you for sharing your charming design. Cherry Kay

Blue Muse said...

I am in love with your tablescape! Bees are near and dear to me. I collect antique bee skeps and one of my dream projects is to have beehives and make my own honey!

Your beautiful vignette made my day! Thank you.
Happy weekend!
xo Isa

Miss Merry said...

So adorable! I can't beeelieve you found all those dishes at Goodwill. And the rest of your collection is pretty amazing,too. You sure brought it all together to make a gorgeous tablescape!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails