Tuesday, July 20, 2010

White Lace

I got into my sewing notions a few weeks ago and I didn't realize how much lace I had.  I love lace and obviously I never have thrown a scrap away!

This piece was embroidered.  I am not sure if it is by hand but, it is quite old.  I got it at a flea market.

  Here is a vintage crocheted lace collar.

Here is a collar embellished with battenburg lace.

Lace collars were all the rage on floral print dresses in the 80's.  Here I have a collar I purchased then and it never was used.  

 Where as the collar above looks very dated to the 80's, this collar looks timeless.  Very romantic and Victorian.   I might have to find a project to use it on.  Thanks for having fun peeking at my lace collection.   
I will join Kathleen for White Wednesday at her blog Faded Charm.
Go over and visit her and view some very romantic and lovely white decorating!

18 comments:

Faded Charm said...

You have some beautiful lace. Thanks for joining in and I love your blog name.

Enjoy your Wednesday.

Kathleen

Jeannie B. said...

I love your lace. Especially the vintage Swiss Edging. Lucky you!!

A Shabby Moment in Time said...

Nothing beats vintage lace...absolutely romantic!
Beautiful post for White Wednesday.
Blessings,
Karen

rustandruffles said...

What gorgeous pieces you have found....I love white lace too!
Happy WW!
xojanis

Debbie said...

You have a great collection of lace! So delicate and pretty.
Debbie@houseatthelake

Olive Cooper said...

Lace is by it's very nature is timeless and beautiful. I do not collect it but if I did I could not throw any out either. olive♥

~~Carol~~ said...

Beautiful photos of your lace collection! That last one actually reminds me of something that might have been found on a dress from the 50s!
Happy WW!
Carol

Meg said...

Lovely! What fun finds. I love vintage lace! So beautiful.

Jane, Naples, Florida said...

Oh I love old lace and am always on
the lookout for my sewing projects!
Yours is just wonderful! Thanks for
sharing!

Jane
Flora Doora

Cabin and Cottage said...

Well,it's crazy how nice it is just to look at a pile of lace, but it's so cheery! Pretty! Jacqueline

KarenHarveyCox said...

Such gorgeous white lace. What an inspirational stash.
Karen

xinex said...

Wow! You sure have a lot of lace, Sherry. I love them, so romantic....Christine

Mary said...

I really like your white lace, and I like the clever way that you used to display it! Take care, Mary

Vintage Remixed said...

Oh what beautiful pieces of vintage lace and white trimmings. I always enjoyed Kathleen's WW parties. Thanks for dropping by and for the sweet comment. Hope you have a wonderful day.

Olde Tyme Marketplace said...

To me , lace has always been like snowflakes~ none ever the same. The detail is always so captivating. Beautiful photos!
Beth

A Cottage Muse said...

I love lace collars ~ very romantic!

cindy-todoslosninos.blogspot.com said...

What dreamy lace. You are so lucky.

comevisit
cindy@stitches-n-stuff

rose marie said...

HI, BEAUTIFUL BLOG, VISUALY DELIGHTFUL, YOUR LACE IS A DREAM TREASURE! GREETING ROSE MARIE

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails