Monday, July 26, 2010

The Tea Caddy & Victoria Magazine

One of my favorite little stops in Epcot at Walt Disney World is the Tea Caddy.   Every time I step into it.  It takes me away to photo shoots I remember so well from Victoria magazine.
 The Tea Caddy is a little shop in England devoted to the most beautiful teapots and wonderful teas.

 
It is a little thatched roof English Cottage style building.
 
Here is a little teapot I would have loved.  Isn't it adorable!  Yes, that is matching mugs to the right.  
 
There was also a little chintzware violet tea cup that would have been a great match to the tea pot.
 
This was also a beautiful chintzware teapot covered in daffodils and English ivy.  All of the tea pots and cup I believe were by Royal Albert and made in England of course.
 
 Here is one more teapot with some lovely drawings of butterflies, flowers, and a bee.

 Alice had her own teapot this year.  You could get it in a 1-cup version or this full sized teapot with cups to match.

 
 In fact Alice herself was outside rounding up patrons for the tea party as I snapped some 
pictures.;)

What would a tea party be without a lovely place to take a spot of tea and the shop has a perfect place by this knot garden out back.
 These images always bring to mind my favorite copies of Victoria magazine.  Kathy at A Delightsome Life has created a new meme devoted to the "old" Victoria magazine.  There was a certain magic to the old magazine that was very appealing.

I happened to save a few copies of the "old" magazine.  Like so many of you it was my favorite magazine ever!  It was so romantic and the features never disappointed.  My favorite issues were always ones where they went to England.



I loved the thatched cottages and the Tudor style country cottages.  It reminds my of my favorite little tea shop in Epcot.  

 
 The thing that I always loved about this Victoria was there were segments in the front of the magazine called "My Favorite Things,"  "Leaves," and "Children's Corner."  These little features were as good as the main features.  I always savored every page.  This is one is about violets in a "Leaves" feature.

 A dish and a teapot with violets on it reminds of the tea sets I found this year at The Tea Caddy.



 Victoria taught me what a proper tea was.  They set up the most romantic and visually appealing tables ever.  
Thanks for traveling to England with me through Epcot and Victoria magazine.  
I will join these lovely tea parties and Kathy's new meme on Victoria magazine.
A Return to Loveliness at A Delightsome Life
Tea Time Tuesday at Lady Katherine Tea Parlor
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tuesday Tea for Two  at The Plumed Pen
Table Top Tuesday at  A Stroll Thru Life
Three or More Tuesday at A Gypsy's Corner








38 comments:

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh my how fun. I love all of your pics and the teapots are all stunning. Wow. Thanks so much for joining TTT. Hugs, Marty

Lady Katherine said...

I had such a lovely time at Tea Today! I love the pansies! Oh, I love all the teapots, and cups! lol I adore Victoria Magazine, and have a few old copies! So fun seeing all the old photos and the Tea Room too! Love Epcot Tea Pictures! Just loved it! Thank you for joining me for Tea Time Tuesday! I had so much fun!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a fun time you must have had. This is just adorable, and I love the fact that it looks like a little English cottage and that Alice is rounding everyone up for tea.

Happy Tea Time Tuesday, Sherry!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

The pot with the butterflies on it is my favorite.

Lavender Cottage said...

So many pretty teapots to choose from in the store. I enjoyed your thoughts about Victoria magazine, one publication I don't like to part with.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Fun, love the tea pot with the daffodils!

Snap said...

I want to go to Disney World and visit this shop!!!! I love the Alice teapot and the pot with the flowers and butterflies ... actually .. I'll take one of each!!!!! I think about Victorial Magazine in much the same way as you. So glad *they* brought it back.

Olga said...

What a lovely place! And how adorable those teapots are.

Beth said...

Sherry, The Tea Caddy is an adorable little shop with gorgeous teapots and cups. Love the pansy one and the daffodil one most! Have a great day!
Hugs, Beth

PAT said...

Beautiful photos. Love this post!

shannon i olson said...

Lovely tea pots. Have a friend that used to live in England, she still talks of it often. Great little building too!

Feel free to stop by asouthernbellewithnorthernroots.blogspot and see info on an upcoming link party called Storytellers, starting Sept. 1.

Kristen said...

What a great time you have had! Chintzware is some of my favorite patterns. I love the busy floral patterns.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Just lovely girl..I love all the fancy tea pots and seeing Alice once again Thanks...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Debbie said...

Oh how utterly charming is that. The teapot with the butterflies is so pretty, I collect them...never saw one like it before. Have a great night! Debbie

Jeanette said...

I love those tea pots! What a wonderful shop to visit.

Bookie said...

Lovely pictures you shared...and I love Victoria too. I was sad for those years it was discontinued!It is visual feast!

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: I just love the tea pots, especially Alice's. I want one. Have a wonderful week. Blessings, Martha

Laura said...

What a lovely post.
I am so glad I found your blog through the Three or More party.
I am participating too-

Laura
White Spray Paint

Brenda ~ Shabby Cats and Roses said...

Hi :) What pretty teapots, love the first one with the lovely violets :) Loved the photos from the older Victoria mags; especially the last photo with the wonderful Tea tablescape! Thanks for sharing with us ladies!

Happy "Tea" Tuesday!

Warmest, Brenda

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Sherry, I so enjoyed your tea today! What a charming post and I loved the Tea Caddy! What fun to sip tea in there! Love all the lovely teapots and your photos made me feel as though I was there! Thank you so much for sharing with us and thanks for joining me for tea. I hope you have a lovely week.

Blessings,
Sandi

Lori E said...

I loved the old Victoria magazine. They used to put an old fashioned Father Christmas on their Christmas issue and I would paint a copy for my self. The Bliss is okay but not as good. Sure is expensive now.
I really like those violets. Beautifully done teapots. I would buy one and I don't even drink tea.

Kathy said...

What a beautiful post! It has been so long since I have been there - what a way to bring back memories! Just love all the teapots and your connecting it all with Victoria! What a gift - you put a lot of time into this - thank you!
Kathy

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

It is also one of my favorite spots in Epcot. The gardens are so pretty and don't you just want to bring everything home with you?

Vintage Porcelain Art By Amy Enright said...

What a fun time! Thanks so much for sharing!
Amy

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

I wish I could give Tea Caddy a visit! such a lovely shop! love the gardens too!.. and teapots are just wonderful!.. and Victorian Magazines are just my fave!

Johanna said...

If ever I came to this wonderful place, I am sure I would buy a lot of this dreamable tea sets. They are one nicer than the next. Thank you for showing this beauties.
Greetings, Johanna

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

What beautiful tea pots and tea cups!!
What a wonderful place !!
I love the english cottage style too!!

Debbie

Appleshoe said...

Wonderful post and beautiful pictures. I love the knot garden and your teapots. There is something about the one with the butterfly that is very familiar, but I can't put my finger on it. Take care.

Linda (More Fun Less Laundry) said...

I always look forward to visiting England at Epcot. My husband sits outside listening to the "British Invasion" band while I shop! And somehow this summer that little teapot you are showing with the poppy and wood sorrel made its way into my luggage to come home!!! Look for it in an upcoming post! Linda

bj said...

These are all just beautiful.

Are you still buying Victoria ?

Debbie Moore at Slice of Pie Entertaining and Cookbooks said...

What a pretty post. Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful pictures.

AshTreeCottage said...

I have never been to Disney World, but would happily go just to see that darling tea shop!! I have saved several of the old Victoria Mags devoted to England too. Just wonderful.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Princesa Nadie said...

Having a tea with you has been a pleasure.I love all what you show us today ,that pretty shop,the tea pots and the magazine Victoria... Thank you very much I have enjoyed watching your images
Love

Virginia said...

What a charming post, I love it all.... Wonderful shop to visit.
Blessings,
Virginia

Terri said...

Oh those are all gorgeous tea pots and tea cups! Thank you so much for showing us all this eye candy!
Hugs,
Terri

rosechicfriends said...

Oh Thanks so much for reminding me of that special place! I too have been there and did get to come away with a pretty TeaCup. Love seeing the beauties that they on their shelves!
Happy Tea!
Lorena

Tina Eudora said...

Wow it must be wonderful to visit places like that and of course the lovely tea sets are almost worth the whole trip.
I also had a major love affair with Victoria magazine from the first issue and actually shed tears when they announced the last issue. I saved all mine also much to the chagrin of my son whenever I move (He carries the boxes).
Great memories...
Tina xo

Cindy said...

What a charming post, I love all things English, too, especially the little thatched houses. Lovely photos and images.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails