Monday, July 19, 2010

Grandmother's Teapot

This little tea I set up revolves around my grandmother's teapot.  She died on the 4th of July fourteen years ago.  I thought it would be a nice tribute to set it out for her.  

 The teapot was made in England by Adler.   The teacup is made by Hotel Balfour.  

 The tray I remodeled from a thrift store purchase.  You can see how I did it here.

 Thanks for coming by and having a cup of tea with me in remembrance of grandmom. 
I will link to these parties:
Tea Time Tuesday at Lady Katherine Tea Parlor
Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage
Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites
Tuesday Tea for Two at The Plumed Pen
Tea Pot and Tea Things Tuesday at The Silken Purse
Table Top Tuesday at A Stroll Thru Life 
Please click on the links and join in with all the fun!


xinex said...

Oh so beautiful and wonderful to have tea with grandma's lovely teapot in the garden...Christine

Sue (Someone's Mom) said...

She would be so looks very peaceful and lovely.

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh your teapot and cup are both so pretty, and the tray is lovely. Such a wonderful heirloom and I know you smile every time you see it. Such wonderful memories and a precious tribute to your grandmother. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

What a beautiful teapot. How nice to have that that belonged to your grandmother. Thanks for sharing such a beautiful setting.

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

So nice to have something special from your Grandmother-enjoy!

nannykim said...

I love the way you have done that tray. The flowers in the crystal vase along with the teapot is just charming.


What a special treasure to have such a beautiful teapot that belonged to your grandmother! I love your tray too! Thank you for sharing!

Blondie's Journal said...



Deanna said...

A very sweet tribute to y our Grandmother.

I really like the tray!
All very nice and enjoyed stopping by,

Heaven's Walk - said...

What a wonderful tribute to your grandmother. Just so beautiful! I had to check out how you made your serving tray and loved that too!

xoxo laurie@heavens-walk

Gail @ Faithfulness Farm said...

Oh, so pretty!


Sailing Simply said...

Very pretty! I love how the yellow rose just pops against that white teapot! Beautiful work on tray too! Such a wonderful vignette!

Martha's Favorites said...

How very precious to have your Grandma's teapot. It is so pretty. That a treasure. Thank you so much for sharing it. Have a great week. Blessings, Martha

Cindy Adkins said...

How precious!!! I love your tea party!!!

♥ Sonny ♥ said...

Your tray is sweet and oh so pretty.. How nice to have your grandma's teapot..


Melanie@The Old White Cottage said...

How beautiful ... I love the delicate yellow rose.

Beth said...

Sherry, I love your tea tray, your grandmother's teapot and teacup and saucer. Your photos are just beautiful. What a pretty setting for tea!
Blessings, Beth

Snap said...

Your grandmother's teapot is lovely and what a nice tribute to her. Thanks for the tutorial on the tray!

Virginia said...

How nice to have something special from your Grandmother.
Very pretty and sweet….Love it.
Sweet Blessings,

Penny said...

Your teapot is beautiful. Lucky you to have such a nice piece to remember your grandmother by.
the teacup is a very good match for the pot - simple - yet elegant - without taking anything away from the pot.
your tray is great. excellent job on it.

vignette design said...

Your grandma's teapot is lovely. Nice little tabletop vignette for tea!

Fatima Santos Silva said...

HI, very beautifull! I love it.Hugs,Fatima.

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What a lovely tea, Sherry! Love her teapot and the teacup is sweet too! I'm sure your grandmother would be delighted! The tablecloth is gorgeous and I am loving your Frenchy tray! I love anything with the Eiffel Tower or script on it! So very lovely; thanks for sharing it with us. Have a wonderful week.


Gardening in a Sandbox said...

I think that your Grandmother would be thrilled to see that you used her teapot. It is beautiful.

Terri said...

A lovely setting. I think your white tea cup and saucer are beautiful. Some times just white is perfect! Your grandmothers tea pot is very special. And the tea tray you refinished is fab!

kimberlyshaw said...

Absolutely charming setting with a gorgeous teapot and teacup and very pretty flowers.

AshTreeCottage said...

Let me raise my cup in honor of your grandmother! What a sweet tea pot it is and I can only imagine all of the precious memories attached. May you always think of her whenever you use it!!

Susan and Bentley

Vicki said...

Hello, Sherry,
I am a little late getting around to all the tea posts, please forgive me. Your grandmother's teapot is sweet as can be and what a gracious tribute to her. The tray you transformed is gorgeous, very romantic. Love that charming tea cup and saucer, too. Have the best of days~ Vicki

Pink Roses and Teacups said...

Hello, it's nice to meet you. What a lovely little vignette in honor of your grandma. Such a pretty teapot. Love the tray you made too! Thanks for sharing it.



Related Posts with Thumbnails