Tuesday, June 15, 2010

White Wednesday

I am joining Kathleen at her site Faded Charm for White Wednesday.  Please go over and see her White Wednesday post it is wonderful.  Creating a summery feel in a spare bedroom today.
 I took a spare bed and put a crocheted coverlet over it and crocheted throw pillows.
This mosquito netting is a really neat addition to the room.  It is the only thing I purchased.  It was a steal at $20 on Overstock.com.
I did a little styling on the table too.  Placed a vase of sea shells, roses, and a few old books.
Reading other bloggers profiles, I have noticed a lot of you love Anne of Green Gables.
That is one of the books I have on the table.  I got it years ago at a flea market.  This book was very popular in the day and reprinted many times. This is just a much loved, tattered copy, of a reprint.
Front illustration before the title page.  I really enjoy White Wednesday.  Thanks for stopping by and viewing my post.  
I will also join The Thrifty Home's Penny Pinching Party.
You still have time to enter to win a $50 gift certificate from CSN.
Click here to enter.  Winner will be announced Monday.


Donna said...

Hi sherry,
I just love your guest room! The only problem is your guests may never want to leave! I really love the mosquito netting, and the Anne of Green Gables book is a real find! I loved the series! I like your map of Hawaii on the wall too. Such a relaxing space you have created :)

Cabin and Cottage said...

What an inviting and romantic spot! The netting makes quite a statement, and I love the bedside table arrangement. Very delightful to look at! HWW! Jacqueline

awal.ny said...

The bed looks beautiful. Anne of Green Gables, we used to watch that show on PBS when we were kids, I loved that show. Thanks for sharing.

Cindy Geilmann said...

Wow, what a great bed, love the netting too. I love to sleep there.

come visit

PAT said...

The bed is beautiful. I love the netting and everything else, about it.

Jane said...

That looks beautiful! White can be so peaceful and refreshing....just perfect for a guest bedroom. I'm a big fan of Anne, too! :)

Creative Ambitions said...

Very summery! Great job!! Love Anne, too and what a pretty book!! Thanks for your comment on my table... I have the clock face put up for another day!

Great room!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

I hope you REALLY like your guests because they will not be leaving anytime soon! LOL!!!

Secret Garden Cottage said...

Hi Sherry,
What a lovely bedroom! I love the mosquito netting and antique bed...so beautiful!!
I'm so glad you visited, and thanks for your sweet comment about my roses and picket fence! We still have more fences to build, too. :)
Hugs ~ Jo

32˙North said...

Hi Sherry,

That mosquito net creates a wonderful mood. Your high back oak bed is charming - they go together so well. And Anne Of Green Gables - loved the books and the Disney series with Megan Follows was so well done...


Kathy said...

Love the netting. It creates an inviting place to nap - which I feel like I need one now! Would love to see a closeup of the coverlet.
God Bless,

~~Carol~~ said...

What a dreamy bedroom you have created! And I just started watching Anne of Green Gables today. I think I'm the only one that has never seen it! Now I want to find an old copy of the book, like yours!
Happy White Wednesday!
p.s. I keep forgetting to tell you how much I love your blog header! It looks just like an enchanted little forest!

Tami said...

What a beautiful space....Thanks for stopping by and leaving a sweet comment. It is wonderful to have items that once belonged to those we love.

Have a great week!


Hi Sherry,

Just beautiful. Thanks for stopping by to say hello.

All the best,

Miss Gracie's House said...

anne is one of my faves...such wisdom there! Gotta love that bed, too!

Titti @ Shoestring Pavilion said...

I'm in love with fabric canopies and that netting looks wonderful! I want one, or ten... Good job on that bedroom :)


Related Posts with Thumbnails