Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Vintage 4th of July Blog Party

I will be joining Joan at her site Anything Goes Here for a Vintage 4th of July Blog Party.  Please click on the link and go to view all of the vintage goodness.  
I have a collection of things mostly from the 70's.  Our country celebrated it's bicentennial in 1976So, at that time there was a large colonial revival going on in home decor.  Many things in fashion and home decor had a stars and stripes theme.
Bicentennial pewter mug by Wilton Armetale.  Circa 1976.
 More vintage pewter mugs from famous American National parks and vacation destinations.
 Vintage canning jar turned candle holder.
 Vintage pharmacy bottle for flag holder.
Another vintage pharmacy bottle for flag holder.
Vintage postcard for decoration.
 Another vintage postcard in the same series.
This postcard displays Rally Day circa 1913.  I am not sure what Rally Day is but it had the patriotic theme. 
 All of these vintage items are displayed on a now vintage Log Cabin quilt hand made for me by my Aunt Becky.  A family heirloom for sure.  These will all be displayed as part of my 4th of July tablescape on Thursday.  Come back and join me to view it.  Everyone have a great 4th of July!  And, thanks to Joan for hosting the 4th of July Vintage Party!


Gracefully Vintage said...

Hello Sherry, I love your decorations- those postcards are beautiful- I love them- and love that bottle- with a flag. a Simple Touch-but says a lot. Great Job-
a New Follower and excited to meet you & your blog at this party of Vintage Decorations

Gracie's Cottage said...

I have postcards like those first two - aren't they the BEST?!!!
Lovely photos..happy 4th!

~~Carol~~ said...

I just started collecting patriotic postcards, so I really enjoyed seeing yours! Love your pewter collection too, and that quilt is just gorgeous and a wonderful family heirloom. Guess I'll have to come back to see more of that quilt in your tablescape!
Happy 4th!
Carol~~Old Glory Cottage

Sarah said...

Carol, thanks for sharing your fun pieces. The post cards are wonderful to see. I have a few vintage post cards, and one is the same design as your Uncle Sam jumping over the fire cracker. I've not seen the other designs.
Absolutly delightful! Thanks for sharing and Happy 4th of July to you. ~ Sarah

Martha said...

You have some great vintage 4th of July things! I envy you!

Thanks for sharing them!

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

Sherry, such a nice collection of pewter mugs. Love the vintage post cards, and I've never seen a canning jar that pretty. laurie

Debbie~ said...

What a wonderful collection of pewter mugs you have, I really looove your vintage post cards! Thanks so much for sharing your collection with us! Happy 4th. Debbie @ Cottage Hann~Me~Downs

Ms Bingles said...

Oh how beautiful! I love your items.
Happy 4th of July to you and yours~

Ro Magnolia said...

Hi Sherry,

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm glad you liked my little teddy bear tea party. I had so much fun setting it up, erm, I mean helping Cordelia Rabbit set it up that is! :)

Your vintage pharmacy bottles are really neat. I have a collection of vintage pop bottles.

I'm following you now and look forward to getting to know you better through your blog!


Susanne said...

Cute stuff, love the quilt, what a great heirloom to have.

Cheryl~ZanyMayd said...

Beautiful Collection ~ The Quilt & Old Post Cards are Wonderful... Happy 4th ~ "God Bless America"

Brayton Homestead Interiors said...

lovr your colonial inspired pieces - very cool-


♥ Sonny ♥ said...

Sherry, those mugs are amazing.. Talk about a great collectors items- wow..

hugs and Happy 4th

Sweet Bee Cottage said...

What a great collection! I was a little girl during the bicentennial and I remember seeing so many of these collectibles. Fun post!

Geralyn Gray said...

Love the postcards.....Happy fourth of July!!!

Theresa @ 612Riverside said...

Love you vintage postcards, and the old bottles! They really are perfect for the flag aren't they! Thanks for the inspiration, Happy 4th! Theresa

Nook Cranny Gifts said...

love the vintage postcards and the old bottles. I love old bottles myself.
thanks for sharing.
happy holiday

Gayle said...

Sherry, very nice patriotic photos. I love the mugs.

Kristal said...

Hi Sherry, first off want to say I love your beautiful picture for your blog header...so peaceful and tranquil!

You have some wonderful vintage patriotic decorations. But I especially love your beautiful quilt, what a treat to have that!

Thanks for sharing,

Joan@anythinggoeshere said...

Love your whole post, but love the postcards the best. Thank you for taking part in the Vintage 4th of July Blog Party! Vintage Halloween will be next. xo Joan, your hostess thepottingshed-anythinggoeshere.blogspot.com/


Related Posts with Thumbnails