Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Vintage Linens

I have a collection of vintage linens I aired outside this past weekend.  It was beautiful and breezy.
 With them in the natural light, I could see really well which piece will be needing some extra care.  
There are some table runners and some towels.  Each unique in their own way.
Some of them are hand crocheted and hand embroidered.  Can you imagine the time it took to create them.
My favorites have to be the laces.  They are so pretty no matter how I display them.
Vintage linens are fun to collect.  I try to pick some up whenever I find nice quality pieces.
Do you have some favorite vintage linens?  If so what are your favorite pieces?
I will link this up to Diane's 2nd Time Around at A Picture is Worth a 1,000 Words.
I will link up to Twice Owned Tuesday at Creating a House of Grace.
I will link this up to Kathleen's  White Wednesday at Faded Charm.
I will also link this up to Susan's  Outdoor Wednesday at A Southern Daydreamer. 



Jan LaFollette said...

I love linens. I have several vintage printed tablecloths but I have a real soft spot for embroidered, lace trimmed table runners, hand towels and pillowcases. A lot of love and time has gone into creating those little gems.

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Vintage linens are lovely and vintage linens on the clothes line: priceless!!! Happy WW!

Vintage Remixed said...

Hi Sherry,

I was thinking the same thing about the glossy plank floors. Great minds think alike huh!

I love how you captured the sunlight shining through the linens. Gorgeous!!

Angela said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I love your linens. I've got a big box full that have not been unpacked since I moved 1 and 1/2 years ago. I need to get them out. I'm sure I'll fall in love with them all over again!!

32˙North said...

I'm partial to the laces and hand embroidered pieces - your laces look especially beautiful out in the fresh air!

My favorite here at home is a scallop edged embroidered linen runner - actually, it's in the pictures I posted to day for White Wednesday.

I love how you photographed your linens on the line outdoors in the breeze.


Alabaster Rose Designs said...

Hi Sherry,
Your vintage linens are just beautiful. I love how my linens smell and feel when I dry them outside, it makes me think of summer. I am addicted to vintage linens, it is my weakness along with white ironstone.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog for a visit, I really appreciate it.
Have a great week.

Bella said...

Hi Sherry.. This is just breath taking! I am crazy for linenes and lace, and your is all so beautiful! Your photo though is amazing, I love the sunlight filtering in!!!

Allison Shops said...

What a beautiful collection you have. Don't you wish you could leave them outside all summer? Dropping by from White Wednesday; Tailored Kitchen.


Raspberries and Rose Petals said...

Your linens are gorgeous! Looks so refreshing hanging out on the line!

Happy White Wednesday!


Cheryl~ZanyMayd said...

I love the linens hanging on the line.... the sun streaming thru is so pretty ~

Jeannie B. said...

One of my favorite things!!! Vintage Linens. And air dried pillow cases, freshly ironed. On my bed.
I am visiting from Faded Charm.

Cabin and Cottage said...

I never get tired of these sweet embroidered and crocheted linens. They're so cheery! They should always be out on display somewhere.
Best to you,

Tallulah's Antique Closet said...

Hi Sherry, Vintage linens hanging from the line bring back memories as a kid growing up in the early 70's My grandmother did not like to use the dryer. And that is a great collection on antique linen you have. Have a good day...Julian

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Hi Sherry!
Your fresh linens and lace are scrumptious!! I love how they look hanging on the line!

Petite Michelle Louise said...

those vintage linens are quite lovely with the sun streaming through them. beautiful photos! thanks for sharing them!

KayC. said...

Nothing, to me, says romance better than vintage linens on the clothes line...blowing in the soft breeze.

Kathleen said...

Oh they are beautiful! And nothing like the fresh air and sun to freshen them up!

Alaina said...

I love the linens, they must smell so good when you bring them in from outside. Happy White Wednesday.

Valerie said...

Oh, what beautiful vintage linens! Thanks so much for sharing them with us at Outdoor Wednesday!

I, myself, do not own any vintage linen, but I'm always fascinated by the pieces that others collect.

Lori said...

your linens look so pretty and happy hanging in the sunshine:)

Ebie said...

These are so fine and delicate! I know it takes time to crochet using #10 mercerized thread. I remember, reading the pattern, missing some stitches and re do them.

A very lovely post.

Crystal said...

I really have a weakness for old linens! I love the fact that you hung yours on the line! They look so pretty especially with the light shining through!

Kelee said...

These are SO pretty Sherry! The light really shows the weaves....

love,kelee @ www.katillacshack.com


Related Posts with Thumbnails