Monday, May 24, 2010

Tweaking a Tabletop

I have a antique secretary that is a family piece of furniture.  I had a few things displayed on it but it was sorta boring.  So I decided to tweak it with a table top rearrangement.
I used books as a riser and placed the lamp on top.  I also added a small doily with a silver box on top of it.  The layering provides more interest and the books give some height to the lamp.
I also recently scored this great framed cottage art print from a relative who didn't want it.  This sets the cottage mood for the whole room.  It is a large print maybe three feet square and it is a definite focal point.  
I usually don't think of looking for seashells at the thrift store but, I found this bag of large shells at a local thrift store.  They were only $4.  They look really good in my remodeled cutlery tray on the dining room table.  You can see how I took this Pfaltzgraff  tray and remodeled it here.


I will join these link parties:
A Stroll Thru Life's Tabletop Tuesday. 
A Picture is Worth a 1,000 Words' 2nd Time Around.
Coastal Charm's Nifty Thrifty Tuesdays.
House of Grace's Twice Owned Tuesdays.
Reinvented's Trash To Treasure. 
Tales From Bloggeritaville's Thrifty Thursdays.
Please go and visit these blogs and get great ideas for your home.
 






17 comments:

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Love that print WOW!! your desk looks wonderful and BIG score on the sea shells girl...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Blondie's Journal said...

Your vignette is so pretty. I like how you stack the books to add height, something I have just started doing. Love picking up tips like this. Love your new print as well!! Nicely done!

xoxo
Janie

Jan LaFollette said...

Nice redo, love the little bird!

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Love all your "tweeks" -- What a great cottage picture!

Linda@Coastal Charm said...

Lovin' those GW seashells...great find for $4! Happy NTT!

Blessings,
Linda

Dragonfly Treasure said...

Verynice! Love the table top revamp.
*hugs*deb

Shelia said...

Everything looks great!
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Sandy said...

Great job, the books really made a huge change.
Thanks for sharing.
Sandy

Ann said...

You did a fantastic job with the top of the secretary. I love the little bird and the books!
Fondly,
Ann
@
The Tattered Tassel

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Sherry, love the print and the tray. I am showing one that is very similar this week. Your displays are lovely!

Barb ♥

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh I love the addition of the books and the little silver box. Books are just fabulous decorating accessories, and yours are fabulous. They are so hard to find. Your tray is wonderful and it looks gorgeous with the shells. So fresh and so summery. Love your new picture too. Thanks so much for joining the party. Hugs, Marty

AshTreeCottage said...

I really like the stacked books in your vignette.

Love,
Susan and Bentley
xxoo

Ann @ makethebestofthings said...

So very pretty! You have a knack for neat little vignettes and putting together some great combos.

Atticmag said...

Such lovely finds. I enjoyed seeing them. Jane F

Stella said...

Great snag o the picture. It is amazing how one person trash is someone else's treasure. Looks great in your home with all your other table top goodies. Good job.

Jeanne said...

Love the books under the lamp. I will have to try that. It all looks great. Tweaking is a good thing. Smile.

Happy thrifting.
Hugs, Jeanne

Olga said...

Lovely! The tiny doily is adorable.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails