Friday, May 7, 2010

My Favorite Things: Shells & Starfish

I have collected shells since I was a child.  They are the most fantastic colors and shapes.  They are just like jewels from the sea.  I absolutely love them.
I have some here in an egg basket.  
 I love to put them with candles.
  Oh, and I love starfish too.
Sometimes my candles have starfish in them.
I have a Grandmother that always put seashells in her flower pots and beds. 
I loved that!  It reminded my of that nursery rhyme.
Mary, Mary, quite contrary 
How does your garden grow?
With silver bells and cockle shells 
and pretty maids all in a row.
I like my shells in silver too.
I just love them everywhere all year long.
I will be joining Laurie at her site Chatting and Bargain Hunting with Laurie for My Favorite Things.
I will also link up to Cindy at her site My Romantic Home for Show and Tell Friday.



Hello, Love, Love, Love shells and starfish too! What a pretty display. I recently did a photo memory jar with sand I brought back from the beach, with shells and vacation pictures. You might enjoy seeing it at:

Thank you for sharing, my show and tell today is of my decorated bench with a tribute to my mother. I hope you have a chance to come by for a visit.

Jeannine said...

Shells remind me of slower times, vacations. Coolness. Thanks for sharing

Diann @ The thrifty Groove said...

Everything loks so pretty ith a simple seashell here and there!

I hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day!

Sarah said...

Shells are jewels of the sea. I'm drawn to most organic things from nature. Love the texture and the beautiful colors. Lovely post!

Donna said...

I love your shells and how you have displayed them! I have collected shells for a long time, too, and I love to do shell crafting. After seeing your post, I want to put all of mine on display! I usually wait til summer to decorate with them.

Cindy (Applestone Cottage) said...

Beautiful shells and beautiful flowers! I love how displayed and photographed them.

xinex said...

You have a very beautiful collection of shells and I like how you use them to accessorize your home....Christine

laurie @ bargain hunting said...

There is just something so magical about shells and star fish. You have displayed them beautifully, and photos are wonderful. Thank you so much for linking this to Favorite Things. laurie

The 3 Sisters said...

I have lots of shells around our home too-I love them! I love them in the glass hurricanes.

Best wishes,

Donna said...

I love shells also but I have never found a way to incorporate them into my decor. You are so cleaver in how you've used yours!!

Donna said...

Lovely shell pictures!
Donna D.

Anonymous said...

thank you for reminding me, shells in flower delightful!


Related Posts with Thumbnails