Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day Tea

This tea is a virtual tea for my Mother in every sense. She lives a distance from me and has wanted to enjoy the splendors of tea for a long time. I always thought if she lived closer I would make a lovely tea for her to come and enjoy. So, I made this tea and hopefully she can take some time to sit and relax and enjoy the photos. Happy Mother's Day Mom.  Cielo at The House in the Roses is having a Victorian Tea Party please join her.
I have a little cup of tea for you and me. It is the Irish Breakfast tea. I really like it.
Oh, that is your little teapot. I will be bringing it by soon and I thought I would use it one last time.
I found this little silver shell at the thrift store. Isn't it lovely. It was made in England. You can read more about it here.
You can't have tea without some sort of food to go with it. I created a three tiered tray with three different size plates resting on two sherbets.
That tray was silver plated but it was so abused I had to make it over. You can read about what I did with it here.
I made some Butter and Cream Scones. This is the first time I have made them. They remind me of shortcake.
I also have a smoked swiss cheddar with grapes. That is delicious together.
I got a hydrangea for my garden this year. My yard is full of shade it should do well. It reminds me of Grandmas.
There is a good shot of the tiered tray. Isn't that neat the way the light shines through the sherbets.
My pansies are growing with wild abandon on the front porch. They are huge spilling out all over the pot. Such beautiful flowers.
Take your cup of tea Mom sit back relax and enjoy this in movie style. Some music from your era Mom. All you have to do is sit back and dream you are here.

I will be linking this to Victorian Tea Party at The House in the Roses.
And, Tablescape Thursday Between Naps on the Porch.
And, Tea Party Tuesday at Rose Colored Glasses.
And, Tea Time Tuesday at Lady Katherine Tea Parlor.
And, Tea Time Tuesday at Rose Chintz Cottage.

And, Tea Cup Tuesday at Martha's Favorites.
And, Tuesday Tea for Two at Wanda Lee's The Plumed Pen.
And, Teapot and Tea Things Tuesday at Silken Purse.
And, Hooking Up with HOH at House of Hepworths.
Please go over and visit for all the great tea parties and tablescapes.


Allison Shops said...

Very pretty tea party. Everything looks delicious. Dropping by from BNOTP.


Yvonne @ StoneGable said...

Sherry, This is a darling and sentimental teascape. Your efforts to make a lovely tea for your Mother really paid off. From the tea pot, to the pretty blue transferware dishes, to the fabulous shell thrifty find, to the tiered stand with all the delicious goodies all are so very lovely! YOur photography is wonderful.

Katie@LeBeauPaonVictorien said...

Very pretty! I love how you made the tiered server using sherberts and plates!
I like your silver shell silent butler; I think that's what it is?? It's too cute!

Mimi said...

What a lovely setting for a tea party. The scones sound delicious.

Bella said...

Hi Sherry,
I love your virtual tea... my Mom is also far away, and this is a lovely idea!
Your tiered tray looks so yummy!
It's all just delightful... I am sure your Mom is going to be trilled:-)

coloradogal said...

Your colors with the fruits and flowers are just stunning--I'm bookmarking this page to copy later! Thank you---

xinex said...

Everything is so pretty and the presentation is beautiful, Sherry!...Christine

Gracefully Vintage said...

I love it-you just gave me a great idea- i have a little shop -and i will be working there on mothers day- i think i will have tea -cookies for all the moms that come in during the day- My husband asked what i wanted- i said nothing- i get to do what i love so much everyday-being at the shop sharing creating - and maybe ill have my daughters come help.. Thank you-See how inspiring you -your blog are.

Atelier de Charo said...

So beautiful table, just perfect for a Mom and a daughter.


Gypsy Purple said...

Fabulous table!!

Anita @ Far Above Rubies said...

What a treat for the senses!! Beautiful tea setting! I love how you used the sherbets to make the tiered stand. Food looks great too, and those hydrangeas are beautiful!!

Nice and Easy Antiques said...

Your Mom will be happy and proud!! Great treat!


Hello Sherry, What a sweet idea to set the table for tea with your mother, even though, she can't be there with you. I'm sure she will be with you in spirit and love the thought you put into such a beautiful table! I also love how you used the sherbets to make the tiered food stands. Hydrangeas are my favorite flower and the photo is truly beautiful!

Fifi Flowers said...

That fruit and pastry looks delicious!!! Pretty tea setting!

Richie's 2ts Inspires said...

What an elegant table you have today. Everything's well planned and sets.

LOVE ém all...

Happy TT Day.

Mary said...

Love your vitual tea & your tiered server :-)

Miss Merry said...

Just lovely. I love love love your tiered tea tray. And your food looks so yummy, too! I am sure your mother is at your tea party in spirit. What a wonderful tablescape.

Beth said...

Love your tiered server and cups/saucers. Blue and white is so classy. The food looks fabulous too.

Lana said...

Gorgeous Mother's day Tea! I love the china and food and everything! Lovely photos, too!

Hugs, Lana

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

ohhh this is just perfect for tea!.. scones, cheese, fruits and tea.. all soooo yummy.. and the setting just wonderful! Happy Mother's day!

CIELO said...

Ahhhh, now I see tea... and gorgeous pictures... now I'm happy! ;) This is gorgeous... a huge thank YOU for participating in our Victorian Tea Party



Kiki said...

Wow..gorgeous tea..everything is so fabulous..and the vid at the end is super charming! Wonderfully beautiful post! yay!

Rosie@Journey to Charm said...

How sweet of you to do that for your mom. Clever idea to tier the plates with sherbet glasses. It all looks so pretty. I'm sure your mom must feel so honored.



Lavender Cottage said...

Lovely tea you served and your photos are amazing.
Hope your mother gets to see your post, she'll be happy to see what you prepared.

Shelia said...

HI Sherry! Oh, how gorgeous! Your china is so beautiful and I love how you put together the little tiered plates! Oh, my and your food. I'll be right over!
Oh, that is something about your relatives home! I'm sure there were lots of these kinds of stories! Thanks for sharing that with me. :)
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Martha's Favorites said...

Hi: Everything looks so beautiful and yummy! Thank you so much for sharing. I notice you love to join tea parties. I would love for you to be a part of Tea Cup Tuesday. I know the ladies would love to see your table. We have about 40 ladies or so each Tuesday. Hope you can join us. Blessings, Martha

The Tablescaper said...

Oh what a lovely Mother;s Day tea!

Love what you did with the tray. What a great idea.

- The Tablescaper

Natasha said...

So beautiful! You have attended to every detail...I wish I could have been there in person!

Best wishes,

Carolyn said...

What a pretty tea table you have set-I love your blue and white tea cups and plates.


Cindy@Cutepinkstuff said...

Oh my, lots of parties! Beautiful tea cups and tablescape!

nannykim said...

I love the blue and the white. This is so pretty. I also love the idea of the three plates with the sherbert glasses!! cool idea--I just tried it after seeing your pics!! Did you glue them or just place them carefully on top of each other?

From the Kitchen said...

You tea is lovely! I'd like to bring my mother and join you and your mother.


Martha said...

You know how I love blue and white -- a very pretty tea!

DesignTies said...

I'm sure your mom enjoyed your virtual Mother's Day tea party :-) You created a beautiful table with your tea set and flowers and yummy scones :-) Your square sugar bowl and creamer and really unique!!

Thanks so much for stopping by DesignTies and checking out my bedroom makeover :-)


Charm and Grace said...

How beautiful and what a sweet tribute to your mother. Thank you for visiting my tea party today! You have a lovely blog!!


KathyB. said...

Oh my, your virtual tea is scrumptious! I especially love the blue and white, to which I am partial~thank-you for this lovely tea! Your Mother must be very happy .

Terri said...

Oh how sweet that you set up this tea for your mother! She must be so touched.
Your tea looks delicious. I love English Breakfast too. And your food is mmmmmm. Your scones look so tasty.
The blue and white transfer ware tea cups are so pretty!
Thank you for joining in Tea Cup Tuesday with Martha and I. We love having you and coming to visit.

Wanda Lee Of The Plumed Pen said...

This an exceptionally lovely tea party! All of the attention to detail is fabulous beyond!

I want to also warmly invite you to attend my little 30th,'Tuesday Tea For Two' tea party celebration!

(Just as an aside with a little background if I may):

..,(You see my dearest mama has been quite ill,yet I thank God she is improving! I have lost my dear father suddenly three years ago due to an accident and also my-mother-in-law passed away after a long battle with cancer last summer; I have not been well myself, so I try to invite my dear fellow bloggers when ever I have the strength)..,

This also my 53rd such tea party post as I also am celebrating my 21st 'Wednesday Tea For Me And Thee' blog tea party, as well as a delightful new meme that I share with a dear friend,(Pamela, of 'Breath Of Fresh Air - Paper Butterfly' blog); this will be our 2nd little 'Teapot And Tea Things Tuesday'..,

I do hope you can also join in my and partake with my contest and festivites; I would be honored and delighted to also have you partake!

Cheers from Wanda Lee @ The Plumed Pen

Chari at Happy To Design said...

Hi Sherry...

My friend, I was just so touched by this sweet tea that you had for your dear mother! I really missed my mama yesterday as well...she is about 1200 mls. away! I would have loved to sit and have a cup of tea with her...maybe make a special tea table like yours as well! It was really beautiful, my friend! I loved how you made the tiered dessert plates...simply gorgeous with that beautiful blue hydrangea on top!!! It all looked so yummy too...would love to try your butter and cream scones! Mmmm!!! Thank you so much for sharing your beautiful tea for your mother with us today...this was a real treat, my friend!!!

I'm so glad that you came by and took a little peek at my spring mantel! I really enjoyed your visit and sweet note! Thank you!!!

Have a terrific Tuesday, Darlin'!
Chari @Happy To Design

Julie Cliff said...

Beautiful! Thank you for the lovely comment on my blog too x

Beansieleigh said...

Hi Sherry! Loved your tea party, and I'm an Irish lassie for sure, so tea was just PERFECT! Loved the video too!.. Hope you had a wonderful weekend, and are enjoying your week! ~tina

Debbie said...

What a gorgeous table. I love how you added the little flower petals to the dishes...and the tea cups are very pretty, different!

Pat@Back Porch Musings said...

Absolutely gorgeous tea. Love it!

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Sherry, I love your pretty tea and your blues! Everything is so lovely and delectable! Love the tray that you painted! Your hydrangeas are gorgeous! Thank you for sharing and for joining me for my party. Have a beautiful day.


Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

This was such a lovely tea post!! I have the same blue and white tea cups and saucers and I love how you made the tiered serving piece!!
Everything looks so yummy!!
By the way, I almost forgot...I LOVE that sweet tea pot and the sugar and creamer that goes with it!!

Lynn-Teacupstitches said...

Hi Sherry!
I found you thru Teacup Tuesday and am glad I did! I love your blog and have become a follower so I can check in for more!
A virtual teaparty! What a wonderfully creative way to share with your Mother!
Thank you for sharing all your pretty tea things!



Brenda-shabbycatsandroses said...

Hello! What a lovely and beautiful post :) This is my first time participating in Teacup Tuesday, and I've been busy blog-hopping to all the ladies who are participating. It can get a little tiring, lol, perhaps I should sit a spell and have myself a cup of tea :) It's nice to have met you, and I have signed on as a follower of your pretty blog. Warmest, Brenda

Msartist said...

What a lovely post~ and photographs. I am so jealous you can grow hydrangea. I don't think it would survive our hot summers here in Central Ca. and they are one of my favorites. I will have to peek around your lovely blog~
All my best, and thanks for having me to tea drop by for mine if you have time!!
Theresa MsartistSewCrafty

The Caffeinated Globe said...

Everything is lovingly thoughtful. Everything is so beautiful.

Katherinellen said...

What a beautiful post you did...Love the tea tier and the teacups setting...just gorgeous...Everything was just elegant and beautiful! I love the ending of the post...How seet is that you di for your mom....Precious! I eijoy this post...thank you was amazing..Have a wonderful week katherinellen

inspirações da Jô said...

Dear Sherry,
It is a great pleasure to meet you, thank you for your visit on my blog, and I loved coming here to know more of you !!!!!!
The post that prepared on the Victorian Tea Party is fabulous, beautiful every detail, cups and other dishes, all very sophisticated and a whim that charmed me !!!!!
Kisses and a great Wednesday !!!!!!!

kimberly said...

What a very pretty table you have set for Mother's Day.

Gypsy aka Tam said...

Hi Sherry,
what a beautiful tea setting and of course I love that teapot!!!
I've been on the lookout for the sugar bowl and creamer but no luck so far. What a beautiful table for Mother's Day!!!

Happy Cottage Quilter said...

Your tea is so beautiful! I love your tiered plates. They are so lovely and creative.


Kathleen said...

That is a lovely spread! I love hydrangea..I have lots of them...made many of them from cuttings. I love the blue best..
I hope your mom enjoyed it as much as I did looking at it!


Related Posts with Thumbnails