Sunday, May 2, 2010

Mother's Day Centerpiece

I got inspired today and decided to swap out my dining room table decor.  I wanted to highlight, on the table, my gift for my Mother this week before Mother's Day.

But, first of all, here is the way my table has looked for spring.
Now for the new Mother's Day centerpiece.
I find myself really trying hard to hold off bringing out the shells.  But the coastal vintage look is what I am loving.  It is so hard not to put the beach in everything!  
The gift is two Spode Blue Italian plates with a little cottage style tea set.  I wrapped it in an open basket and there is a flour sack towel hanging out of the front of the basket.  I wrote about the flour sack towel in a earlier post you can read about that here. 
 The beach styled candle is easy to do.  I have my candle down in a hurricane.  I filled the hurricane with a small layer of sand, surrounded the candle with shells, and a white sea star.  My Mother was born in Florida and so was my Grandfather.  Having been there many times; gave me a love of the beach and coastal style.  My Grandfather always said, "If you return home (from Florida) with sand in your shoes you'll be back."
The knobby sea star is one of my favorites.
Hydrangeas in a sea inspired pitcher, turned into a vase, makes the perfect bouquet for our table.
 Something special for your Mom is always a treat.  Mother's Day is May 9th in the States.
 I will be linking to these sites:


Shelia said...

Oh, how lovely! I know your mom will love this beautiful set of gifts. I live on the Texas Gulf coast and I have to have my shells. As a matter of fact, I brought them out for my post and did a similar thing as your candle in the glass.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

The table looks lovely! Very pretty and inviting!

xinex said...

Everything is so pretty, Sherry. Your mom will love her presents and will be so pleased. Love your created beachy candle holder....Christine

Happier Than a Pig in Mud said...

Very pretty and such a nice gift-enjoy!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Such pretty things you have shared with us today!!
Loved seeing all of it!

Atticmag said...

Enjoyed your vignettes. Thanks for stopping by and helping me decide on my wall. -- Jane F.

AshTreeCottage said...

So pretty. I love beach themes too!

Susan and Bentley

One Cheap B*tch said...

So pretty!


susan said...

Your mom is going to love it! The centerpiece is beautiful. I am SO worried about the Gulf coast beaches and water :(

Ceekay- Thinkin of Home said...

Your mom is going to love that gift....beautiful...I have a very similar teapot!

kim said...

What a beautiful gift for your mom. Love the hurricane with the shells and starfish, too.

Sarah said...

What mom wouldn't love that beautiful basket full of goodies.
Hope you have a terrific week ahead.

Bella said...

It's all so pretty... Love that starfish:-) Enjoy your weekend!

The Thrifty Designer said...

I love decorating with shells, too. I've been planning a blogpost about just that :)

marty (A Stroll Thru Life) said...

Oh what a wonderful present and such a beautiful way to give it. Putting the dishes and tea set in a basket is such a great idea. It makes the most wonderful presentation. I love the hurricane with the shells to and the flowers in the pitcher are stunning. Beautiful vignette. Thanks so much for joining the party. So pretty. Hugs, Marty

Barb~Bella Vista said...

Hi Sherry, all your pictures are serene and wonderful.

I love shells also and living in Florida, mine stay out almost all year long.

Have a joyous day.

Barb ♥

nannykim/spindlecottage said...

This is lovely. A beautiful tea set and candle arrangement. Why not put the beach every where--I have shells all over because they have such warm memories for me and I love their texture and colors. Your star is gorgeous!!

CIELO said...

Everything looks so lovely... what a charming romantic home you have! My heart feels at home here ;) And thank YOU for participating in our "Show off your cottage Monday"... hope to see you at our Victorian Tea Party too!

Have a blessed day



Related Posts with Thumbnails